Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the 20/21 season end via PPG?

Comments

• Options
    Boom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Boom said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Looks good to me. End the season immediately.
    You realise we're out of the playoffs in that table right?
    You might be, but as a Lincoln City fan I’m more than happy with the current standings.
    Any update on Steve Thompson's position.
  • Options
    Boom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Boom said:
    Dazzler21 said:

You might be, but as a Lincoln City fan I’m more than happy with the current standings.
    Last time I saw him play it was at centre back. Haven't seen him play for a while though.
  • Options
    With so much variation in the number of games played, PPG gives a much better indication of how well teams are really doing

Our league position is slightly artificial due to this. Also crazy that Burton have played 6 games more than Accrington now, and 2 more than anyone else!
  • Options
    With so much variation in the number of games played, PPG gives a much better indication of how well teams are really doing

Our league position is slightly artificial due to this. Also crazy that Burton have played 6 games more than Accrington now, and 2 more than anyone else!
    I think Accrington have managed to get away with plenty of recovery and preparation time before facing each team, whereas Burton haven't had a moment and are playing tired. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think Accrington have managed to get away with plenty of recovery and preparation time before facing each team, whereas Burton haven't had a moment and are playing tired. 
    Yeah not only is the League very unclear what with games played

But its also going to be interesting when the teams with games in hand start getting fixture congestion

Especially for the likes of Accrington with their smaller squads - Fair play if they can hold it together
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

But its also going to be interesting when the teams with games in hand start getting fixture congestion

Especially for the likes of Accrington with their smaller squads - Fair play if they can hold it together
    Can see them falling away a little bit, but the space between games has really helped them chalk up points, probably enough to at least be in the mix come the end of the season...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's helped Accrington, but you get the impression that their players are battle hardened types, used to playing lots of games
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Boom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Boom said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Last time I saw him play it was at centre back. Haven't seen him play for a while though.

Very sharp.
    When I try to be sensible I expect people to reciprocate.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

You've just given another clear flaw to PPG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Can see them falling away a little bit, but the space between games has really helped them chalk up points, probably enough to at least be in the mix come the end of the season...
    We’ve just had a week in between our last 6 games with great potential for recovery time and have been utter shit 
  • Options
    THE SEASON IS NOT GOING TO END ANYTIME SOON. 

How do you define soon?

Are you still sticking to this defiant belief?
  • Options
    let's hope not cos even a win on Tuesday (!) won't move us up
    We're gonna need a sustained burst of form (how exactly?) over the remaining matches before the season is suspended allied to deteriorating form from the 4 teams above us
    Have to hope that EFL's complacent ineptitude coincides with a decline in positive tests for players and sustained financial prudence/resolution from the clubs' owners 
  • Options
    THE SEASON IS NOT GOING TO END ANYTIME SOON. 

How do you define soon?

Are you still sticking to this defiant belief?
    Yes, the vaccination is starting to be rolled out now (maybe not in Europe but that's not the UK's problem) and things are starting to improve. Can't see why the season will be cancelled or even halted for a few weeks. The 6 Nations starts next month so Governing bodies must feel that Elite sport is ok now.
  • Options
    Latest updates

• Options
    As every week goes past we seem to get lower & lower in the PPG table. Funny that......
  • Options
    This season isnt finishing on PPG!!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    No we won't finish the season early, but it gives a better reflection on where we are. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every season finishes on PPG
    Not if a team has a points deduction it doesn't!
  • Options
    Added a column for reference
    PPG PositionActualTeamPLGDPtsPPGPos +/-PPG Assumed Total
    13Doncaster Rovers2217452.045294
    22Lincoln City2415482.000092
    31Hull City2519481.920-288
    44Portsmouth2419441.833084
    57Accrington Stanley2211401.818284
    65Peterborough United2413431.792-182
    76Sunderland2413401.667-177
    810Oxford United237371.609274
    911Ipswich Town232361.565272
    108Charlton Athletic264401.538-271
    119Crewe Alexandra273401.481-268
    1212Blackpool234341.478068
    1313Gillingham250341.360063
    1414Plymouth Argyle25-6341.360063
    1515Fleetwood Town256311.240057
    1616Milton Keynes Dons251311.240057
    1717Shrewsbury Town23-4271.174054
    1818Rochdale25-8261.040048
    1920Bristol Rovers24-17230.958144
    2021Northampton Town24-20230.958144
    2119Swindon Town26-18240.923-242
    2222AFC Wimbledon25-19220.880040
    2323Wigan Athletic24-20210.875040
    2424Burton Albion24-22160.667031
  • Options
    Update ahead of tomorrow. 

• Options
    4 go down incidentally

A big ppg gap between the bottom 7 and the next team Fleetwood
  • Options
    Everyone in the division is over half way (23 games? through their fixtures
  • Options
    Scrap that I was loking at a post from early January doh.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    4 go down incidentally

A big ppg gap between the bottom 7 and the next team Fleetwood
    Very real chance then that Wigan go down, they don't have us to play do they? ;)
  • Options
    Have you noticed that as every week passes we get lower in the PPG table. Strange that.