Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the 20/21 season end via PPG?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2020
    clb74 said:
    Yeah it really makes no sense.

Ipswich have positive tests and there game in 6 days is in doubt

Peterborough have positive tests and there game in 11 days is off.

The EFL need to come out with actual guidelines or clubs will pick and choose what suits them
    O
    I wouldnt worry the season will be stopping soon.
    Portsmouth gone down aswell.
    Sounds like they're taking sensible action

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/portsmouth-football-club-statement-covid-update/

I do find it odd though the fact that so many League One teams are struggling

Premier League: Newcastle United
    Championship: Derby County | Rotherham United
    League One: Accrington | Burton Albion | Bristol Rovers | Crewe | Peterborough | Sunderland
    League Two: Stevenage

Have I missed anyone?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

The EFL need to come out with actual guidelines or clubs will pick and choose what suits them
    O

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/portsmouth-football-club-statement-covid-update/

League One: Accrington | Burton Albion | Bristol Rovers | Crewe | Peterborough | Sunderland

Have I missed anyone?
    I would say the Championship one should just be Rotherham, as Derby didn't have an outbreak  - they lost Rooney earlier this season, but that's like us losing Chuks or Morgan

L1 also includes Wimbledon

Leyton Orient in L2 also had to call off games (including their lucrative cup game vs Spurs) plus Scunthorpe

It does seem though that L1 is having a bad time at the moment
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    clb74 said:

O

Have I missed anyone?
    I would say the Championship one should just be Rotherham, as Derby didn't have an outbreak  - they lost Rooney earlier this season, but that's like us losing Chuks or Morgan

L1 also includes Wimbledon

Leyton Orient in L2 also had to call off games (including their lucrative cup game vs Spurs) plus Scunthorpe

It does seem though that L1 is having a bad time at the moment
    I thought Derby had games called off earlier in the season?

Edit: Yeah just seen they havent - Forgot about Leyton Orient
  • Options
    Millwall now with Covid also
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    So if Wimbledon v Ipswich on Dec 29th is in doubt can't we go on standby to replace Ipswich and bring forward our own game at Wimbledon to Dec 29th instead of the original scheduled day Saturday March 20th if both teams were willing and able to play? Would help with fixtures piling up if anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    So if Wimbledon v Ipswich on Dec 29th is in doubt can't we go on standby to replace Ipswich and bring forward our own game at Wimbledon to Dec 29th instead of the original scheduled day Saturday March 20th if both teams were willing and able to play? Would help with fixtures piling up if anything.
    The league 1 season wont make the 29th
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Of course it will. You have just won daftest post of 2020. Well done. 
  • Options
    I don't think there is a need to go round altering our fixtures just yet. There are only 2 evening  games in Jan & Feb - plenty of room to fit in games should the need arise.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Oh sorry.
    Come the 29th of December the league 1 season will come to a standstill and unless resumed pretty quickly will be finished.
  • Options
    PPG is gonna need all teams to have played at least 23 and maybe even 35 matches.
    At the current frequency of matches getting called off I reckon there's a good chance Leagues 1 & 2 won't even get as far as PPG, could just be written off.
    If EFL maintains its current 'hands off' do nothing at all ever until it's months too late cos we're a bunch of gravy train scoffing self-serving shithouses capable of organising the square root of fuck all that's useful, we can rest assured that the minute everyone's played 23 matches, teams in the top 6 will be calling off games based on their PPG position and ensuring the season can't be completed.
    If 'new variant' COVID19 turns out to be even worse than the first version then frankly a football season and competitive sport in general ain't worth the risk to people's lives.
    Another 3 months minimum of necessary movement restrictions and most of that time with full hospitals and 2500 fatalities each week makes frivolous bollocks like football irrelevant.
  • Options
    Ipswich Confirmed

The Club has today informed the EFL that it will not be able to play its next two fixtures following an outbreak of Covid-19.
    Town were set to host Northampton Town at Portman Road on Boxing Day, before facing AFC Wimbledon away from home on 29 December
  • Options
    Sods law for us would be the predictable last minute dropping of 2 points on Saturday costs us promotion. 
  • Options
    THE SEASON IS NOT GOING TO END ANYTIME SOON. 
  • Options
    I don't think there is a need to go round altering our fixtures just yet. There are only 2 evening  games in Jan & Feb - plenty of room to fit in games should the need arise.

I disagree it might be fine now but with more and more games getting called off I would try and play as many games as possible not only because it will become more difficult to rearrange in time but also to bump up the PPG.

If we don't win then we don't deserve to go up or get a play off place.
  • Options
    It’ll end in May like it always does?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

He wins it every week tbf.
  • Options

Is it going to be postponed sometime soon though? 
    Will Saturday's game go ahead?
    It's looking dodgy going by the number of postponements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The number of postponements if they continue is going to mean it will be tough to fit all the games in.  Maybe go 3 games a week when it starts to turn warmer/reduce games to 70mins?  Who knows but I guess these sorts of things may need to be considered if fixtures backlog much more.
  • Options
    The number of postponements if they continue is going to mean it will be tough to fit all the games in.  Maybe go 3 games a week when it starts to turn warmer/reduce games to 70mins?  Who knows but I guess these sorts of things may need to be considered if fixtures backlog much more.
    Should put an end to us conceding so many late goals. I’m in!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Looks good to me. End the season immediately.
  • Options
    We would do ourselves a big favour if we bear Accrington on Friday.

• Options
    Boom said:
    Dazzler21 said:

You realise we're out of the playoffs in that table right?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Eh ? 
  • Options
    The EFL need to have a rule in place as to how many games have to be played before PPG is actually an option (similar to in white ball cricket matches how many overs have to be bowled before a win can be awarded).

Last season when L1 was abandoned each team had played between 34 and 36 games, so roughly 3/4 of the season. We're not even at the half way mark yet