Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Can teams be penalized points RETROACTIVE to the start of this season by UEFA? If so, would love to see it. These clubs need to be crushed.
  • The "big" clubs shit themselves a few month's ago with operation big picture and I am sure this will go the same way
  • I would love it if 15 of the 20 EPL clubs (which is exactly how many you need to pass something) vote to penalize all the breakaway clubs 20 points THIS season. Nothing can technically stop this. I think the clubs should be crushed.
    yeah but that might mean west ham win the league and no one wants that. 
  • edited April 2021
    Super League announcement coming in 2-3 hours apparently, according to NBC here in America. Something tells me the teams are now on a Zoom call re-evaluating their options.
  • I think nothing will come off this if all the leagues and associations stand firm. A small league that covers only three countries would not generate as much revenue as they hope, kick them out of all FIFA or EUFA sanctioned competitions and ban any players in it from playing for their country.  People saying about the big six leaving would destroy part of our game, well other clubs would eventually fill the void.
  • Of course neither PSG or Bayern want to risk being thrown out of Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga

If they're not in their domestic leagues they run the high risk of not winning a trophy in a season
  • I’m sure their assumption is that the domestic leagues would never kick them out as they are to big, because I don’t think they could ever replace their revenues with an 11/12 team league. Still,their winging managers will get what they want - fewer league games, no cups and no international call-ups. 

• if available, two people have mentioned Gary nevilles opinion, is there a link/video of this? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I am furious......just like the rest of you.😤😤😤
  • if available, two people have mentioned Gary nevilles opinion, is there a link/video of this? 
    https://twitter.com/MansionBet/status/1383830359398260749
  • fucking hell nice one Neville 
  • cfgs said:
    I think nothing will come off this if all the leagues and associations stand firm. A small league that covers only three countries would not generate as much revenue as they hope, kick them out of all FIFA or EUFA sanctioned competitions and ban any players in it from playing for their country.  People saying about the big six leaving would destroy part of our game, well other clubs would eventually fill the void.

The EPL needs 15 of 20 clubs to pass any measure. It requires no vote for someone to leave. This is why the Super League wanted 6 clubs from the EPL. The remaining clubs would be just 14 votes, not enough to pass any measure against the other 6 even if the Super League falls through. Clearly this was on their mind.
  • I just hope FIFA hold their nerve. I can't see "The Six" going forward with this if it means they're chucked out of the EPL.

If they really do go through with it, then good riddance.
  • The irony of a Sky Sports presenter talking about greed in football. 

Neville benefited hugely from greed during his playing and presenting career, now gets up in arms because he'll miss out on the money. 

Man United started the American takeover of football with the Glazers and didn't say anything about it at the time. 
    Same irony of the Premier league moaning about it too.

As others have said, fuck them off and tell them to fuck off if it goes tits up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    I think nothing will come off this if all the leagues and associations stand firm. A small league that covers only three countries would not generate as much revenue as they hope, kick them out of all FIFA or EUFA sanctioned competitions and ban any players in it from playing for their country.  People saying about the big six leaving would destroy part of our game, well other clubs would eventually fill the void.
    Also ban any youth player registered with them clubs from representing their country at respective levels and to keep the ban in place if they leave the club. So basically if you sign schoolboy forms with that club, you’ll never represent your country.
    should also ban any loaning of players from any of those clubs.

Neville benefited hugely from greed during his playing and presenting career, now gets up in arms because he'll miss out on the money. 
    Oh do shut up you pillock! 😤
    I'm not buying Sky Sports being up in arms about the integrity of the game. 

They're protecting their huge Premier League investment, nothing more. 
  • I can barely wait for the 9.30 announcement tonight.
    MOTHER OF GOD!
    Nail on the head from him. 

In addition who is going to provide the Super League teams with the TV revenue they'll miss out on if they get chucked out of the Premier League.

Of course you'll get the Asian and American markets etc buying into it but lets not pretend that SKY and BT wont buy rights as they'll be too scared to lose subscriptions 
  • edited April 2021
    England could tell the clubs that leave the price to come back into the English system when the SL fails is $1 billion each and they can begin in the National League and work their way back up.
  • edited April 2021
    The irony of a Sky Sports presenter talking about greed in football. 

I think you are massively missing the point - Money in the game has broadly been good - at the heart of this however is the removal of competition and the impact on the wider pyramid.
  • Where do all of the hoarded players go ? Presume theyl still expect to loan them out to Premier league/championship etc teams