Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    German clubs have it right being member owned. Hence their lack of involvement.

That being said, don’t Barca have a similar model?
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK what do you think of this being a spurs fan? 
  • Options
    There's a big difference between talking about the clubs and the players. 

The clubs 'will be banned' 

The players 'could be banned'. 

I think FIFA will buckle when it comes to players playing in the World Cup. If the super league becomes THE competition in world football, they'll have no choice but to let the players play in the World Cup. 
  • Options

Good response. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Id like championship and below to break away, championship would be the top league. Introduce rules to salary caps etc... get real football back! 

It would be nice to have a connection to some of the players, even championship players probably live in a different world. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Id like championship and below to break away, championship would be the top league. Introduce rules to salary caps etc... get real football back! 

It would be nice to have a connection to some of the players, even championship players probably live in a different world. 
    Would be nice to think about but about half the teams in the league would go bust within 6 months. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ban var and diving is a sending off offence. 
    Introduce a timer for possession so we arent subject to this boring horrific pass the ball around and dont shoot or cross  ever blasphemy tactics, even when your in the 90th minute and 1-nought* down 

*curbs
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Ban var and diving is a sending off offence. 
    Introduce a timer for possession so we arent subject to this boring horrific pass the ball around and dont shoot or cross  ever blasphemy tactics, even when your in the 90th minute and 1-nought* down 

*curbs
     a? you wot mate? 
  • Options

Interesting that the Premier League press release does not mention a ban. 

Premier League would lose a huge amount of revenue if they banned all 5 teams taking part. 
  • Options
    To be fair even the fans of the clubs said to be involved don't want it. I don't think i've seen a single person in favour. Basically a nonsense idea devised by club owners with no interest in anything other than 'how can we make even more money'. Fuck them. Who do they think is going to be interested in a closed shop league with no relegation without some of the best teams in Europe participating in it anyway? Especially when even their clubs own fans don't want it. It'll bomb massively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal will be in 11th if Leeds & Villa win games in hand.  "Super" indeed.
  • Options
    To be fair even the fans of the clubs said to be involved don't want it. I don't think i've seen a single person in favour. Basically a nonsense idea devised by club owners with no interest in anything other than 'how can we make even more money'. Fuck them. Who do they think is going to be interested in a closed shop league with no relegation without some of the best teams in Europe participating in it anyway? Especially when even their clubs own fans don't want it. It'll bomb massively.
    If enough people in Asia, the Middle East and the US (who are used to this closed shop setup) care it won’t matter.

People through the turnstiles means very little to the bottom line anymore.
  • Options
    People in Africa, China, India , Asia will pay for it through tv subscriptions 
  • Options
    I can't see how this works. Surely with the money involved in TV deals etc a super league would kill some clubs.

Look at someone like Leeds for example, they have splashed the cash on some decent players so they can compete in the best league in the country.

If a UEFA super league is introduced then surely that makes the Premiership the equivalent of the Championship. That won't attract the viewing figures required to pay salaries.

I think this is a really dangerous concept, and disrupting footballing pyramids at an already turbulent time seems insane.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I can't see how this works. Surely with the money involved in TV deals etc a super league would kill some clubs.

Look at someone like Leeds for example, they have splashed the cash on some decent players so they can compete in the best league in the country.

If a UEFA super league is introduced then surely that makes the Premiership the equivalent of the Championship. That won't attract the viewing figures required to pay salaries.

I think this is a really dangerous concept, and disrupting footballing pyramids at an already turbulent time seems insane.
    The super club teams were hoping to continue playing their domestic games. 

This 'league' would be played midweek and therefore competition for the Champions League and Europa League. 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    If enough people in Asia, the Middle East and the US (who are used to this closed shop setup) care it won’t matter.

People through the turnstiles means very little to the bottom line anymore.
    I know which game I’d pay to watch post COVID, the one with a lot of fans in the ground making real noise, not the  one with a lot of empty seats and little atmosphere...people through the turnstiles is what the tv product is all about, only owners and tv execs have yet to understand that, but they will...
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Arsenal! FFS you have to laugh. Better off having West Brom in it.