Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where are the goals coming from?

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    OG took his chance well today..........
    If only we could sign og 
  • Options
    Doughty scored one and direct assists of two so far? 

We'll miss is output towards goals if he's injured but could be a chance for MM to get his tats out.
  • Options
    Strikers will probably score more when Maddison is in the side as he's a quality "assister" at this level. Almost 70 assists in his last 4.5 seasons at Peterborough.

Although of course Peterborough had better strikers than we currently do.
  • Options
    Strikers will probably score more when Maddison is in the side as he's a quality "assister" at this level. Almost 70 assists in his last 4.5 seasons at Peterborough.

Summed it up in a nutshell. You could have the best "assister" in the world but if you have shit strikers then the "assister's" role in the team is not worth talking about 
  • Options
    Josh Davison scored on his Woking debut in the F A Cup at Aldershot....
  • Options
    After Portsmouth...

Washington - 3 goals from 8 appearances
    Anneke        - 2 goals from 5 appearances
    Smyth          - 0 goals from 6 appearances
    Bogle           - 0 goals from 5 appearances

1 goal from each of Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Shinnie and Williams.
  • Options

Although of course Peterborough had the same strikers we currently do 😜😜

For some of that time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course if our defence remains as strong as it has, we may not need a 20 goal striker.
  • Options
    TBF to the striker we are bringing into the club in January.
    19 goals will be fine. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Where are the goals coming from?

Well, typically as a result of some kind of goal attempt. 
  • Options
    From 10 different players - so far that is!

• Options
    Best conversion and accuracy in that 12 which bodes well.
  • Options
    I would expect both Washington and Aneke to be comfortably in double figures. It is noticeable how defenders stand off Aneke. At this level he looks to me to be unplayable and is probably why Bowyer is being so careful with him.
  • Options
    Impressive stats for Joe Pigott  - most goals (6) and assists (4) combined in the division
    Especially in an average midtable team (that only just avoided relegation last season)

Kane Hemmings getting 5 when playing for struggling Burton is impressive too
  • Options
    Impressive stats for Joe Pigott  - most goals (6) and assists (4) combined in the division
    Especially in an average midtable team (that only just avoided relegation last season)

Kane Hemmings getting 5 when playing for struggling Burton is impressive too
    Yeah be interesting if Wimbledon can sustain this form and so not be in a relegation battle for once 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Goals per minute is a much better stat than goals/appearances 
  • Options
    Pleased for Joe Pigott and his family that he has established himself as a League 1 striker.
    Joe is more than the sum of his parts.
    He doesn't have pace, heading is average and isn't as strong as Aneke or Evans etc.
    But ever since I saw him score 4 and should have been 5 (Harriott blocked the ball on the line) against Huddersfield at Sparrows Lane I knew he had an eye for goal and would've a career some where outside the top two divisions.

Didn't work out at Cafc but Joe who will be 27 in 3 weeks time is at the height of his poaching powers. Great that he scored twice on the  return to Plough lane.
  • Options
    I notice that neither Clarke-Harris or Dembele have brilliant accuracy or conversion rates - Still question their defence so if those two stop scoring I can see another typical slide for Peterborough 
  • Options

Agree, especially in the case of Chuks who I doubt with start and finish a match all season.

No worries as long as he can influence a game when he is on the pitch. Aneke's hold up play and strength got us over the line last night just as the game was going back to Fleetwood to possibly sneak a draw. 

• Options
    I see that Ched Evans the "proper striker" mentioned in the match thread isn't in the top 12.
  • Options
    I see that Ched Evans the "proper striker" mentioned in the match thread isn't in the top 12.
    he does seem to do well against us, doesn't he. definitely a fine player at this level - the evidence has been put in front of us - but you'd think we can find an equivalent if we need
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Conor Washington, joint 5th best in the league at the moment:

Washington with the best conversion rate for shots on target in that table too. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Leuth said:
    he does seem to do well against us, doesn't he. 
    He's scored 3 goals against us, 2 last night. So 1 goal before then?

Only 4 this season, but he scored 1 in each of the two games prior to last night. 

All I'm saying guys and girls is that Luke Jephcott is Welsh... and Young enough to be signed into our side without affecting salary caps... Might cost a few squid though. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Stig said:
    Conor Washington, joint 5th best in the league at the moment:

Washington with the best conversion rate for shots on target in that table too. 
    Have to be a bit careful with taking certain stats in isolation. For example, Joe Pigott's conversion rate is only 20% but he has had 30 shots (three times as many as Washington). Either Wimbledon are creating a lot of chances or, more likely, Pigott is taking every opportunity to shoot. If the latter is the case then his shot accuracy stat of 57% is good.
  • Options
    Aneke on a goal per 73 minutes at the moment.