Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where are the goals coming from?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Played 1

Fraser 1
    Leaburn 1
  • Options
    On course to score 92 goals this season
  • Options
    After today I'm more concerned about where the clean sheets will come from.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    On course to score 92 goals this season
    Shame about the 92 conceded. We need more goals in the team!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    We scored two which is good but we do need the front three to chip in. Stockley we know will but the two wide players have to this season. Glad for Miles that he did so. CBT is such an important player for us and he is unplayable until the business end of the move when we get a poor shot or cross. Definitely something for Garner to work on. It may be CBT is better when he doesn't have options because when they do, some players can end up neither doing one thing or the other. Maybe the solution is he should decide what he is going to do when he gets the ball. That can be an issue as another opportunity could open up, but maybe it would help him. 
  • Options
    Great to see five different scorers.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    But Stockley's goal doesn't count as they only had 10 men at the time. 
    Tap ins don’t count either (until you score 10+ of them).
  • Options
    Not from Aneke at the moment that's for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not from Aneke at the moment that's for sure
    Or to use his current name, Chuks "0/5" Aneke.
  • Options
    Current tally

Leaburn 2
    Fraser 1
    Blackett-Taylor 1
    Henry 1
    Rak-Sakyi 1
    Stockley 1
    Clare 1
    Kirk 1
  • Options
    Someone should do a comparison of the number of games/playing minutes/days between Miles Leaburn's first and second goals when compared to his dads.

I'll start us off - Carl's first goal was on 4 May 1987 and his second was on 25 February 1989.
  • Options
    Penalties should count as 0.5 goals in a tally. 

Stockley getting more involved though is good to see in this formation. 
    And the other 0.5 goes to the player who earnt the penalty?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Penalties should count as 0.5 goals in a tally. 

Stockley getting more involved though is good to see in this formation. 
    And the other 0.5 goes to the player who earnt the penalty?
    Actually would agree. 
  • Options
    Surely the bloke who wins the penalty, should just be the one awarded with the assist? 
  • Options
    Stats should start using XG without Penalties because being a 'penalty taker' skews stats majorly over the course of a season. 

If Stockley, for example, finishes with 14 goals this season with 10 being penalties. He's effectively scored 4 goals in open play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JRS and CBT have scored goals this season that were considerably easier than penalties. Should their goals count 0.5 too?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JRS and CBT have scored goals this season that were considerably easier than penalties. Should their goals count 0.5 too?
    Yes. Clare is on two for the season because he scored from outside the area 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stats should start using XG without Penalties because being a 'penalty taker' skews stats majorly over the course of a season. 

If Stockley, for example, finishes with 14 goals this season with 10 being penalties. He's effectively scored 4 goals in open play. 
    Stats as a whole are whatever anyone wants to make of them - Its why Goals and Assists are simply broken down into clear cut figures. Football is a simple sport, but idiots once again desperate to make things complicated when there is no need

All because statisticians want to appear kwever - Thats all xG ever is... and all the little sheepies lap it up
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Leuth said:
    Not sure they had play stopped for them to be the nominated 'back-post person' to tap it in though. 
  • Options

Stats as a whole are whatever anyone wants to make of them - Its why Goals and Assists are simply broken down into clear cut figures. Football is a simple sport, but idiots once again desperate to make things complicated when there is no need

All because statisticians want to appear kwever - Thats all xG ever is... and all the little sheepies lap it up
    I thought we were mates. :-(
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Sorry mate... I have an strong hatred for xG - Some statistician must have hurt me in a past life :D
  • Options

Sorry mate... I have an strong hatred for xG - Some statistician must have hurt me in a past life :D
    There's a 0.657 chance you're right there.
  • Options
    As things stand, only five sides have scored more goals than us and they are all in the top six. 16 of those 62 goals have come in the last six matches.  
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    GOALS SCORED:

1. Ipswich (79)
    2. Peterborough (71)
    2. Sheff Wed (71)
    4. Plymouth (70)
    5. Barnsley (69)
    6. Charlton (62)
    7. Derby (62)

GOALS CONCEDED:

24. Forest Green (76)
    23. Burton (74)
    22. Morecambe (71)
    21. Accrington (66)
    19. Cambridge (61)
    19. Bristol Rovers (61)
    18. Port Vale (60)
    17. MK Dons (58)
    16. Exeter (55)
    15. Charlton (53)

Teams above us that have scored less goals: Bolton (54), Wycombe (55), Portsmouth (55)

Teams below us that have conceded less goals: Oxford (50), Cheltenham (52), Fleetwood (45), Lincoln (41), Shrewsbury (52)
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Goals coming mainly from these:

Stockley, Aneke, Leaburn, Payne, Gilbey, Fraser, Kirk, McGrandles, Dodson, Morgan, CBT, DJ, JFC, Inniss, Lavelle, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Egbo
    My guess (league goals) :

Your prediction adds up to 67. Not far off decent. Mine adds up to 58. Get a Stockton in there and I think 88 is possible.
    League goals by Cole Stockton this season: 4