Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where are the goals coming from?

Comments

• Options
    So who will top the stats board come the end of the season?

Someone already here??
    A new addition?
    Extras?

Can't see anything other than a struggle at the business end of the pitch as things stand.
     Watched a few of the friendlies and from what I've seen we looked bloody woeful

Historically,we've always got our best goal scorers in early. Mendonca, Bent BWP.. 
  • Options
    In the absence of a marquee signing up front I expect Stockley to finish top scorer.
    We won't get promoted on his goals alone, nor adding Chuks total, so we are going to need others to step up to the plate this season.
    If we rely on Morgan, Gilbey, DJ et al I suspect we will be found wanting, so a lot rests on the new boys including Sukiyaki if he joins.
    Failing that, use your wand Potter
  • Options
    To answer the thread title.......

No bloody clue. But the current 4 that we have on the books wont get enough for promotion. Baring injuries Stockley will be top scorer, with Washington 2nd. Dont rate Davison or Schwartz (if he is still here) to get into double figures - probably half that. 

We didnt have enough fire power last season to get promoted - this season is even worse. 
    From this time last year. But the situation is worse still as we now have no Washington or Davison (although the latter wasn't very good & his goals will probably be replaced by Leaburn) and to replace them we have a half fit Aneke.

so once again, I have no bloody clue where the goals are going to come from but if we are going to rely on the midfield then Garner will have to earn his corn as a Coach as (apart from Payne) our midfield couldn't hit a barn door with a cows arse !!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Albie will ping in a few this season.
    that aged well..........
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Goals coming mainly from these:

Stockley, Aneke, Leaburn, Payne, Gilbey, Fraser, Kirk, McGrandles, Dodson, Morgan, CBT, DJ, JFC, Inniss, Lavelle, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Egbo
  • Options
    Has there been an update on Aneke?
  • Options
    Nothing too serious and will, as usual, start on the bench. In January.
  • Options
    It’s a short term injury.

• Options
    Why not surprise Accy by claiming all of our players are injured?
  • Options
    Because we’re saving that one for later in the season when there will be an element of truth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    swordfish said:

Stockley, Aneke, Leaburn, Payne, Gilbey, Fraser, Kirk, McGrandles, Dodson, Morgan, CBT, DJ, JFC, Inniss, Lavelle, O'Connell, Sessegnon, Egbo
    My guess (league goals) :

• Options
    edited July 2022
    The formation change should help the likes of Kirk, CBT and DJ contribute more goals than they previously have been able to.

I'm also excited to see the likes of a fully fit Fraser and/or Payne in and around the box getting shots off. We really missed that element of threat from our midfield three when playing with Dobson, Morgan and Gilbey.

We need another winger and another striker in case of injuries and suspensions but compared to last season's 55, we will definitely score more goals this season. Expecting that we'll concede 50-55, 70+ has to be the target.
  • Options
    swordfish said:

I thought that was your Golf card at first until I saw the 2's and 1's.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    swordfish said:

Your prediction adds up to 67. Not far off decent. Mine adds up to 58. Get a Stockton in there and I think 88 is possible.
  • Options
    swordfish said:

Your prediction adds up to 67. Not far off decent. Mine adds up to 58. Get a Stockton in there and I think 88 is possible.
    I asked this the other day with zero replies, the two players people are suggesting we go for up front have been, Stockton and Mckirdy,, have they both been banging in the goals pre season? 
  • Options
    I will tell you that they will probably get their fair share this coming season. 
  • Options
    I will tell you that they will probably get their fair share this coming season. 
    The other question I have is, why haven’t there been rumours of other clubs interested in either? 
    I liked the look of Stockton because of his ability to create for himself and thought his inter play was good, so is worth a little gamble, but it’s not certain he would bang the goals in. I’d be very pleased if we had even enquired about him, im thinking we haven’t and put trust in Stockley and Aneke, this worries me im afraid. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I like Stockton because he scores the type of goals we don't. That is a valuable commodity. I like both Stockley and Aneke at this level, but we know Aneke has injury issues and if Stockley struggles with the new system, which he may well do, we haven't got the same options as last season in terms of changing it unless Leaburn really hits the ground running which I think is unfair to expect this season.

I think we got a taste last season of what happens when you haven't got the right calibre of strikers when we had both Stockley and Washington injured.
  • Options
    I like Stockton because he scores the type of goals we don't. That is a valuable commodity. 
    Last season he did, depends if it was a flash in the pan🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I watch Gilbey and CBT and wonder why they don't score more goals. Maybe Garner can unlock something. CBT looks unplayable at times, we have to try to maximise that.

In terms of Stockton, you have said yourself that you would be pleased if we enquired about him. Nothing is certain but I saw it last season. He scores goals we don't and he lets defenders know he is there as does Stockley so we would be harder to stop IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watch Gilbey and CBT and wonder why they don't score more goals. Maybe Garner can unlock something. CBT looks unplayable at times, we have to try to maximise that.
    There's been a focus on here around strikers scoring goals but I expect Garner will be looking for a winger and CM both get into double figures. We've got others who could potentially do it too, but none I'm confident that they will. Going to be interesting to see who plays regularly in the middle and front three.
  • Options
    Why I go against the grain on here with Gilbey is he gets in loads of promising positions. He should score more and maybe he will. CBTs game seems to fall apart at the last hurdle. That could be linked to the support he gets rather than just him but you can see where there might be something to work with. Morgan lacks something. He scored a good goal pre-season but I don't think he has the game in that respect. Maybe in the right team Fraser could get a few and Payne is supposed to be a goal scoring midfieder if he can step up. 
  • Options
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gilbey, Morgan,  DJ, CBT and Kirk get 10 goals between them.
  • Options
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if Gilbey, Morgan,  DJ, CBT and Kirk get 10 goals between them.
    So would I, but I am trying to make a case for it.
  • Options

In terms of Stockton, you have said yourself that you would be pleased if we enquired about him. Nothing is certain but I saw it last season. He scores goals we don't and he lets defenders know he is there as does Stockley so we would be harder to stop IMO.
    Unpopular as it may be for me to say, But Aneke is over rated IMO, and I’m losing more and more patience with him, he has to play a lot of games and score a lot of goals, and not just the odd one at the end of a game that we’ve either already lost or comfortably winning. To change my mind on him. Stockley to me did not look right in the system, I’m not knocking his effort to adapt but learning on the job with his limited ability isn’t ideal, especially when it’s the least impressive aspect of his game, ( the ball at his feet).  These for me are glaringly obvious reasons for the need for different strikers to what we have. NONE of our strikers were good enough for promotion last season, we have the same -2, can’t see anything will be improving up front. 
  • Options
    I’m assuming neither have scored in pre season, hence no actual numbers?😬
  • Options
    in all honesty I haven't been following their pre-seasons. I have been on holiday for 8 weeks. My focus has been on us. I am not convinced about McKirdy, he looked great against Port Vale in the first play off game and not so great in the second. I base my view on Stockton on what I saw last season over a few games as he got my attention.
  • Options
    in all honesty I haven't been following their pre-seasons. I have been on holiday for 8 weeks. My focus has been on us. I am not convinced about McKirdy, he looked great against Port Vale in the first play off game and not so great in the second. I base my view on Stockton on what I saw last season over a few games as he got my attention.
    Yes Stockton played well at the valley.
  • Options
    I have seen him play quite a few 90 minutes and seen his goals as well as the games against us. He looked the real deal from what I saw but there is always a risk. That risk is why he might not cost us so much.
  • Options
    I have seen him play quite a few 90 minutes and seen his goals as well as the games against us. He looked the real deal from what I saw but there is always a risk. That risk is why he might not cost us so much.
    Even If we haven’t been in for him, I’m surprised he’s not moved elsewhere.