Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2020/21

Started up again yesterday but the most interesting game for me is the Valencia derby on tonight. Thought I'd start up the annual thread for those on here who follow the Spanish league.

Who's following which team and who do you think is going to win the league? I would like to see an Atletico win but their football has certainly worsened in the last couple of years and I wonder how much longer Simeone has got there - he's been there almost ten years now.

The Messi saga at Barcelona seems to have reached a predictable end but the Bale one at Real rumbles on. Strong reports that he could really be going this time, but where will he go - return to Premier or somewhere else?

Not in Spain at moment but hoping to get back to some games this season when crowds are allowed in - looks like there is going to be limited capacity at those: some of the games I go to there are hardly any fans anyway 🙂

Comments

• Looks like a walkover for Real to me, by virtue of the weakness of others rather than their own strength. All of the big three seem to a in a phase of transition at the moment, and Real and managing it better than the others. Not expecting any of the Spanish sides to get near the European trophies (unless Sevilla drop out of the Champions League into the Europa League).

I'll be be keeping an eye on Cadiz primarily, as well as Valencia and Celta.

Also looking forward to seeing Ansu Fati's progress, presume he'll be starting now they've let Suarez go.

Hoping to get to a game somewhere before the end of the season, but feeling pretty negative about the chances of any sort of normality returning in the foreseeable future.
  • Missed Spanish football last season. Seriously considering signing up for Premier Sports this season. I think Sevilla could mount a serious challenge this year.
  • Looks like Bale is on his way back to Tottenham. Shame how it's fizzled out for him at Real Madrid, and probably should have left a year earlier, but overall I think he will be remembered well by their fans for his part in their recent success, especially the Champions League wins.
  • Looks like Bale is on his way back to Tottenham. Shame how it's fizzled out for him at Real Madrid, and probably should have left a year earlier, but overall I think he will be remembered well by their fans for his part in their recent success, especially the Champions League wins.
    I know you're in Madrid but you're surely kidding?

Do Real Madrid have any appreciation for their players even the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo?
  • Most of the fans I know appreciated him as he scored many important goals for them. Many of the fans who go to the games tend to be the most fickle ones, hence why the Bernabeu atmosphere is so quiet and they turn on players quickly. I don't like the club myself but a lot of their supporters do appreciate footballers just as any other club's followers do. Ronaldo was pretty much loved by the vast majority as well.