Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

La Liga 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Barca now tied 1-1
  • Options
    Messi's 30th league goal of the season, the 9th time he's got at least that many in a season. 
  • Options
    Atlético winning one nil...still a long way to go though.
  • Options
    Atletico take the lead
  • Options
    Goal ruled out 
  • Options
    Real Madrid are in front and currently top on the H2H.

Atletico have 20 minutes to save it.
  • Options
    Atletico losing 1-0
  • Options
    How did they have to go to VAR for that, it was miles over the line!!
  • Options
    Truly astounding that anyone still complains about VAR!
  • Options
    Atlético doing what they always do...making their fans suffer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atletico level, big last 10 minutes coming up!
  • Options
    1 - 1
  • Options
    With how this weekend has gone there's surely going to be some late drama
  • Options
    2-1
  • Options
    Go on athletico 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    2-1!!

Suarez!
  • Options
    Got to laugh at ex-Barca man Suarez scoring the goal that surely prevents Real Madrid from winning the league.
  • Options
    Atletico somehow snatch the win and basically need to match Real's result on the last day. Can even afford to lose if Real don't win.

They're away at 2nd bottom Valladolid who need a win to have any chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Given Osasuna had nothing to play for there, the way they went for that, andvtgey were sweating bloid to nick a win, you voted imagine they got a big offer from someone of a backhand payday. La Liga tends to get a lot of that at this time of year.
  • Options
    Crazy end to the season with Atlético making their fans suffer every moment, as always.

Hopefully they can do the business in the last game to win the title they deserve and put a dent in the Real Madrid/Barcelona duopoly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atletico have dropped 20 points in the last 14 games, they have made it as hard as possible for themselves. Saturday could be another rollercoaster.
  • Options
    All down to the last game for the two Madrid teams. Big day here!
  • Options
    Both Madrid teams choking at the moment, both 1-0 down
  • Options
    Atletico level 1-1.
  • Options
    2-1 Suarez 
    atletico gonna be champions 
  • Options
    Atlético are champions! 😃
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Real Madrid turn their game around, but Atletico just finished 2-1 so they are champions.
    As an aside, Barcelona and Real Madrid have asked the Spanish government for bale outs given their huge debts. That signing Mbappe and Haaland might be a dumb move economically escapes them - they need to buy. Really hope they are rewarded for this by being relegated for unsustainable debts, which is a possibility here, but neither the LFP or the daft government are likely to do something that might break the hegemony.
  • Options
    Real Madrid turn their game around, but Atletico just finished 2-1 so they are champions.
    As an aside, Barcelona and Real Madrid have asked the Spanish government for bale outs given their huge debts. That signing Mbappe and Haaland might be a dumb move economically escapes them - they need to buy. Really hope they are rewarded for this by being relegated for unsustainable debts, which is a possibility here, but neither the LFP or the daft government are likely to do something that might break the hegemony.
    I'd be astounded if Madrid and Barcelona don't go ahead with a revised format for ESL in the near future. For teams like Man City and Chelsea I think ESL was all about the prestige, for Spurs and Arsenal it was to try and stay relevant amongst the elite whereas for Madrid and Barca I think it was absolute financial necessity.

I think both of them have such massive financial issues that they see it as their only way out. Some of the figures been touted around for their debt are astronomical and on top of that they both need squad rebuilds this summer, especially Barcelona. Spending big money on players is so engrained in both teams DNA I think there'll rack up even more debt this summer.

The economics of football have been talked about so much lately however it's absolutely incredible to think Madrid are paying 600k a week to a player currently out on loan who still has another year left and yet are now by all accounts asking for a bail-out. 
  • Options
    Is it me or is Barca's strategy this summer actually quite sensible, unlike usual?  Hoovering up decent free transfers - Wijnaldum, Garcia, Depay, Aguero etc.

Yes they'll be on good wages but then they'll save a ton on transfer fees.

Reminds me of Juve a few years back when they went for Pirlo, Pogba, Khedira and the like.
  • Options
    Looks like Zidane is leaving Real Madrid. Wonder where he will end up, or if he will just take a break.

Raul is B team coach so there's a decent chance he'll step up, like Zidane himself did from this post before.