Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Bradford v Harrogate on SkySports tonight 

2 ex CAFC players starting for Bradford

Billy Clarke and Lee Novak
    At the start of the century Bradford were in the premier league. Harrogate were in the Northern premier league division 1.
  • Options
    Bradford v Harrogate on SkySports tonight 

2 ex CAFC players starting for Bradford

Billy Clarke and Lee Novak
    At the start of the century Bradford were in the premier league. Harrogate were in the Northern premier league division 1.
    I can't believe a club the size of Bradford have spent so much time in L2 in recent years. Parky got them up (and to Wembley) but after he left they've slumped back down again
  • Options
    They had a good few years challenging for the Championship too
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08v2zsf

listen to Ian Holloway, he says it how it is
  • Options
    Oxford v Crewe called off at 2:40PM due to a player in Crewe team testing positive.

This afternoon’s Sky Bet League One fixture between Oxford United and Crewe Alexandra has been postponed due to a positive case of COVID-19 being identified within the Crewe Alexandra squad.

Each case is judged on its individual merits, and due to the circumstances, the Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixture as players and first team staff are now required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.

A revised date for the rearranged fixture will be confirmed in due course.

The replayed game was tonight 

And its been called off due to covid cases again, despite Crewe playing on Saturday.

So they had the Covid cases on 3rd October didnt have them on 10th October when they beat Wigan, but now they are back again on the 13th when they are due to play Oxford again.

• Options
    Oxford v Crewe called off at 2:40PM due to a player in Crewe team testing positive.

This afternoon’s Sky Bet League One fixture between Oxford United and Crewe Alexandra has been postponed due to a positive case of COVID-19 being identified within the Crewe Alexandra squad.

Each case is judged on its individual merits, and due to the circumstances, the Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixture as players and first team staff are now required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.

And its been called off due to covid cases again, despite Crewe playing on Saturday.

So they had the Covid cases on 3rd October didnt have them on 10th October when they beat Wigan, but now they are back again on the 13th when they are due to play Oxford again.

Trying to avoid having their ears chewed off by Karl Robinson!!
  • Options

I'm struggling to understand the rules regarding football postponements, as sometimes the games have gone ahead despite a team missing several players
  • Options
    Yeah its odd how Crewe are allowed to have these games called off - But then there has been so much fuss about Tranmere who were forced to play their reserves

The EFL even put out a statement saying that with Tranmere they couldnt guarantee that they wouldnt have been given a 15-pt penalty had they not played Salford
  • Options

It’s very confusing what’s coming out from the club. They’re saying four more players have tested positive. Presumably the Wigan players from the weekend will all need to be tested too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The second time Oxford have had their game vs Crewe postponed at short notice, and for them it must be infuriating that Crewe managed to play another game between the 2 dates.

Robinson has been on the phone to the EFL to complain. I imagine he's about a 3rd of the way though his call  :D
  • Options
    A surprising scoreline, MK Dons beating Gillingham 2-0. Gillingham were 4th before today
  • Options
    Wycombe score their first Championship goal and it comes against Millwall
  • Options
    Not many goals around today in the Championship and L1!
  • Options
    5 in 5 for Toney at Brentford now.

What's the betting he moves to the Premier league for £30m+ within 2 years?
  • Options
    Interesting question 

With the whole of Wales going into a full lockdown from Friday for 17 days.

What happens to Swansea, Cardiff and Newport games.

Is there an exemption for sports due to testing or will they just be postponed 
  • Options
    Interesting question 

With the whole of Wales going into a full lockdown from Friday for 17 days.

What happens to Swansea, Cardiff and Newport games.

Is there an exemption for sports due to testing or will they just be postponed 
    Werent Leicester allowed to keep playing when that region went into lockdown during Project Restart?
  • Options
    Jammy Millwall get to play a Luton side without James Collins who tested positive
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Jammy Millwall get to play a Luton side without James Collins who tested positive
    Jammy? We absolutely schooled them tonight all over the pitch. Doubt he would have made much difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a season when there already appears to be no outstanding side in the championship, a solid side like Millwall are (annoyingly) almost certainly going to be in with a promotion shout. Still early days though.
  • Options
    In a season when there already appears to be no outstanding side in the championship, a solid side like Millwall are (annoyingly) almost certainly going to be in with a promotion shout. Still early days though.
    It always pains me to say it but they have been well run the last few years and made a good appointment in Rowett in my opinion. If they had a bit more money to give him they would probably have a good shout for this season...they still may be like you said.
    They dont have the budget of say Brentford or the teams that came down, but they won't be an easy game for anyone.
  • Options
    I also think Boro could be a bit of a dark horse this season 
  • Options
    I also think Boro could be a bit of a dark horse this season 
    Can a Neil Warnock team really be a dark horse?

He seems to be one of these Managers who naturally gets his team competing at the right end of the table
  • Options
    Millwall have won the games you expect them too, lost against Swansea and drew at home to Brentford. They’ve got a nice few games over the next 3 as well. Getting into November and December their fixtures warm up a bit, so I’d expect them to drop off slightly, however I wouldn’t put sneaking into the playoffs past them this season.
  • Options
    Millwall have won the games you expect them too, lost against Swansea and drew at home to Brentford. They’ve got a nice few games over the next 3 as well. Getting into November and December their fixtures warm up a bit, so I’d expect them to drop off slightly, however I wouldn’t put sneaking into the playoffs past them this season.
    If I was just looking at results I’d agree with you, but we played very well against Swansea. A draw or even a Millwall win wouldn’t have been unfair. 

I think we’ll be there or there abouts the play offs come the end of the season. GR has got us playing some really nice stuff, as a cohesive unit. Every one knows their job, and we have decent cover for every position now, which helps as games this season are going to come thick and fast. 

Btw, who did I have that (drunken) bet with a few weeks ago? The one where if we don’t go up I’ll donate a bullseye to the Upbeats but if we do go up he has to walk naked on South Bermondsey platform with nothing on but a Charlton scarf? 😂
  • Options
    Another 2 goals for Toney already in the 1st half tonight, you suspect that if Brentford don't go up, he'll be yet another player leaving Brentford for a fat profit
  • Options
    Another 2 goals for Toney already in the 1st half tonight, you suspect that if Brentford don't go up, he'll be yet another player leaving Brentford for a fat profit
    Impressive start to the season, 7 so far, scored twice 3 games in a row. 
  • Options
    There's a career in diplomacy when football is over pal...