Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football League 2020/21

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Oxford v Crewe called off at 2:40PM due to a player in Crewe team testing positive.

This afternoon’s Sky Bet League One fixture between Oxford United and Crewe Alexandra has been postponed due to a positive case of COVID-19 being identified within the Crewe Alexandra squad.

Each case is judged on its individual merits, and due to the circumstances, the Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixture as players and first team staff are now required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance.

A revised date for the rearranged fixture will be confirmed in due course.

• The replies from some of the Oxford fans are funny, demanding they get the 3 points haha

• Joshua King misses out on tonight's match with a migraine. 

#afcb 🍒 https://t.co/BufgxNx8vJ

Come on Bournemouth better excuse needed, last game before the transfer window shuts, he is obviously leaving come up with a better excuse than a migraine next time
    Some of those replies are great. My favourite - "PE teachers don't even accept that excuse".
    "I'm not trying to shag him" 😂

• Wait Oxford have 6 players whose wives are pregnant, jesus they had a busy lockdown lol no wonder they lost in the play offs
  • Jonson Clarke Harris with his first Peterborough goal, would have loved him at The Valley
  • 2 for Clarke Harris now
  • Reckon he'd have been an obvious target had we gotten out of the embargo quick enough 

• Wait Oxford have 6 players whose wives are pregnant, jesus they had a busy lockdown lol no wonder they lost in the play offs
    The lack of a testing regular programme in the lower leagues is going to lead to a lot of these late postponements, it's a real problem for the EFL

Agree completely with Robinson there. How could Crewe have expected to still play the game when the player who tested positive had travelled with the team? Half the squad might have it!
  • edited October 2020
    Brentford have collapsed at home to Preston

2-0 up at HT

4 goals in 18 minutes and its 4-2 to Preston 
  • Sponsored links:

• Brentford have collapsed at home to Preston

2-0 up at HT

2-0 up at HT

Bizarre, especially as Preston had only 1 point and scored 2 goals in their 3 matches

Bauer with the opening goal for them

2-0 up at HT

Bizarre, especially as Preston had only 1 point and scored 2 goals in their 3 matches

Bauer with the opening goal for them
    Think it was an assist from Bauer and Sinclair with the goal

2 ex CAFC Players linking up for Preston
  • Fleetwood beating Hull 3-1

Hulls first defeat looming
  • Fleetwood beating Hull 3-1

Hulls first defeat looming
    Fleetwood looking very good here
  • Harvey Saunders (good surname) looks a talent
  • I see Hull are without Magennis due to the internationals
  • Should have been 4-1
  • Hull look extremely ordinary dont see McCann getting them promoted 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Hull are without Magennis due to the internationals
    Yeah but he is the only player they are missing and they have Wilks instead,

This is a Hull team that people have been saying after there start would be a dominant force this season.

Generally think if we get a couple more signings in the 8 point gap to the teams at the top is not alot to overcome this early in the season, and still think qe have a decent chance of achieving something this season
  • Doncaster have postponed their game vs Shrewsbury due to international callups, ditto Sunderland who were due to play Blackpool
  • From what Ive seen of this League so far this season which granted isnt much; Doncaster and Fleetwood have been by far the standout sides
  • edited October 2020
    Only been watching since half time. Fleetwood very impressive but Hull looked dangerous too until Fleetwood got their 3rd.

Anyone who thinks we are anywhere near these 2 must be smoking something. Fleetwood play it quick & on the floor - pass forward to players in the move.....not sideways to someone standing still.

Great corners too. I wonder when we will score one like their 4th !!  Yes,  their 4th with 15 mins still to go. We haven't scored that many in 4 games !!!!

• Doncaster have postponed their game vs Shrewsbury due to international callups, ditto Sunderland who were due to play Blackpool
    Ipswich and Blackpool have brought their November fixture forward to this weekend since both their matches were postponed by their opponents.
  • Only been watching since half time. Fleetwood very impressive but Hull looked dangerous too until Fleetwood got their 3rd.

Anyone who thinks we are anywhere near these 2 must be smoking something. Fleetwood play it quick & on the floor - pass forward to players in the move.....not sideways to someone standing still.

Great corners too. I wonder when we will score one like their 4th  !!
    But then Fleetwood have started the season slowly, before this game they were below us in the table. There's plenty of time to catch up, and it's good that the likes of Hull aren't able to pull away
    Ipswich and Blackpool have brought their November fixture forward to this weekend since both their matches were postponed by their opponents.
    Good thinking by the 2 clubs, especially if they have no key players away, means when they players are getting tired in November they can have a rest
  • Only been watching since half time. Fleetwood very impressive but Hull looked dangerous too until Fleetwood got their 3rd.

Great corners too. I wonder when we will score one like their 4th !!  Yes,  their 4th with 15 mins still to go. We haven't scored that many in 4 games !!!!

I think the Millwall fans on here are far more supportive of Charlton than you.
    Pretty much constant criticism of Charlton.

But then Fleetwood have started the season slowly, before this game they were below us in the table. There's plenty of time to catch up, and it's good that the likes of Hull aren't able to pull away
    I appreciate that & therefore can I assume  that you expect us to hit 4 past wigan next Saturday too.

I appreciate that & therefore can I assume  that you expect us to hit 4 past wigan next Saturday too.
    We may not score 4 against Wigan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us score 4 at some point this season no, to say that Fleetwood are way ahead of us, based on this game bearing in mind they had lost to AFC Wimbledon and Rochdale before today is just weird IMO, but goes to form with your pessimistic attitude.

We have made 2 signings in the last 48 hours and will hopefully make at least 3 more before the window closes  the squad we have seen so far is no were near a completed squad