Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    Doncaster have postponed their game vs Shrewsbury due to international callups, ditto Sunderland who were due to play Blackpool
    Ipswich and Blackpool have brought their November fixture forward to this weekend since both their matches were postponed by their opponents.
    Good thinking by the 2 clubs, especially if they have no key players away, means when they players are getting tired in November they can have a rest
    The sort of switch you can do with no fans in grounds...
  • Options
    Gillingham beating Oxford 2-0

Been watching the game, Oxford have had a couple of chances but Gillingham been clinical with theres
  • Options
    Gillingham beating Oxford 2-0

Been watching the game, Oxford have had a couple of chances but Gillingham been clinical with theres
    Oxford are really slow to start a season under Robinson arent they!!

2019/20 they werent in the top ten until game eleven (finished "third")
    2018/19 they were in the relegation zone until game seventeen and finished 12th

Proof that despite our slow start, we're really not out of anything yet
  • Options
    After 4 games last season we were dreaming of promotion to the PL!
  • Options
    Gillingham 26% possession and 2 shots on target are beating Oxford 2-0
  • Options
    I completely missed Sam Winnall signing for Oxford in September.

30 goals in 2 seasons for Barnsley in League 1, could be a great signing for them
  • Options
    I completely missed Sam Winnall signing for Oxford in September.

30 goals in 2 seasons for Barnsley in League 1, could be a great signing for them
    The sort of player we missed due to the embargo
  • Options
    Joe Pigott scores again - he has been involved in scoring more goals and creating assists than any other player in the Division
  • Options
    Did not realise Ipswich were playing today. When did that fixture get slotted in against Blackpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At half time today .......  our chances of being in the bottom 4 by 5 o'clock are rapidly receding.

Of the teams beneath us in the table, Shrews are not playing, all the others losing.

• Options
    Did not realise Ipswich were playing today. When did that fixture get slotted in against Blackpool
    I assume in the current environment teams are able to switch fixture times around at short notice
  • Options
    I assume in the current environment teams are able to switch fixture times around at short notice
    Sunderland not playing today: was their fixture today originally planned to play Blackpool?

If so, smart move between Blackpool and Ipswich to avoid fixture pile up.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Sunderland not playing today: was their fixture today originally planned to play Blackpool?

Must have not been paying enough attention as I do not remember seeing this match on skybet this morning. Make sense to play it now and not have a fixture build up.

Game was announced this Monday. 

Town will now face Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on Saturday 10 October [kick-off 3pm].

The League One fixture, which was originally scheduled for Saturday 14 November, has been brought forward as both sides' fixtures for this weekend were postponed due to international call-ups.

Blues were due to host Charlton Athletic at Portman Road, with Blackpool facing Sunderland.

The Addicks and Black Cats met the three-person call-up which gave them the right to request the fixture be rearranged

• Options
    Lincoln's 100% record wobbling ....... presently losing 1-2 at home to mighty Bristol Rovers.

• Options
    Wigan our next opponents getting battered by Crewe
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Must have not been paying enough attention as I do not remember seeing this match on skybet this morning. Make sense to play it now and not have a fixture build up.

Town will now face Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on Saturday 10 October [kick-off 3pm].

The League One fixture, which was originally scheduled for Saturday 14 November, has been brought forward as both sides' fixtures for this weekend were postponed due to international call-ups.

Blues were due to host Charlton Athletic at Portman Road, with Blackpool facing Sunderland.

The Addicks and Black Cats met the three-person call-up which gave them the right to request the fixture be rearranged

So have they now got a weekend off on the 14th or is that another potential weekend where games will get postponed? 
  • Options
    Without giving usual line about matches aren’t won on paper etc. Wigan at home, Blackpool and Northampton up next. Looks like a decent set of fixtures to start the TS era and start to climb the table. 
  • Options
    Yes, some surprising results today
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

So have they now got a weekend off on the 14th or is that another potential weekend where games will get postponed? 
    International weekend on 14th. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Without giving usual line about matches aren’t won on paper etc. Wigan at home, Blackpool and Northampton up next. Looks like a decent set of fixtures to start the TS era and start to climb the table. 
    If we want to be up there they will be the games we have to win
  • Options
    If we want to be up there they will be the games we have to win
    I believe we will.
    The Tommy revolution is about to start with a bang 
  • Options
    Rochdale now losing ..... and 'As it Stands', we've risen above them to 17th on GD without actually playing.

"Ee- I -addio, up the Football League we go!" :neutral:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Rochdale now losing ..... and 'As it Stands', we've risen above them to 17th on GD without actually playing.

"Ee- I -addio, up the Football League we go!" :neutral:

But but but that cant be right because according to Golfie we were gonna be in the bottom 4 come 5pm today

Something must be wrong somewhere
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    98 minutes played and still playing at lincoln. Losing 2-1

Edit: Final score. 100% record in flames.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    98 minutes played and still playing at lincoln. Losing 2-1

Edit: Final score. 100% record in flames.
    Lincoln and Michael Appleton were on Football Focus today. The curse of talking to Clem!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Hmmm ....... still clever.  Gives their players a weekend off to recharge batteries and recover from niggles.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Hmmm ....... still clever.  Gives their players a weekend off to recharge batteries and recover from niggles.

But they could have done that this weekend.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

But they could have done that this weekend.
    Instead they get one in November so they get a week off before the busy December schedule, between 21/11 and 31/12 there are 10 league one games, Ipswich and Blackpool probably thought a week off before those games to recharge would come in handy

Both teams play an EFL trophy game on the 10th November then have 11 days until there next league one match, 

• Options
    Bradford v Harrogate on SkySports tonight 

2 ex CAFC players starting for Bradford

Billy Clarke and Lee Novak