Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    It's a poor championship this year so they could do
  • Options
    Scum going up automatically ffs 
    You do like to exaggerate lol.

It was only in their last game that they drew 1-1 to Barnsley.

8 games into the season they are 3rd and 1 points above 8th and its oh no they are going up automatically 🤣🤣🤣

There are 38 games to go for gods sake
  • Options
    Our points tally after 8 games of 16 would put us 2nd in the Championship right now.

Dies it mean the Championship is very even with teams all taking points off each other or that League 1 is poor.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Delighted Wednesday lost again. Hope they go down 

I think we'd have had a great shout at the play offs this season had we stayed up, considering we'd have no salary cap and the quality of the leaguelooks to be a step down from last season. Cullen, Phillips Lockyer and Sarr could all have stayed too

I would expect us to be top half at least, play offs might be a bit optimistic! 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Delighted Wednesday lost again. Hope they go down 

I think we'd have had a great shout at the play offs this season had we stayed up, considering we'd have no salary cap and the quality of the leaguelooks to be a step down from last season. Cullen, Phillips Lockyer and Sarr could all have stayed too

I would expect us to be top half at least, play offs might be a bit optimistic! 
    3 losses in a row and still have a 9 point gap to make up just to achieve safety. All good.
  • Options
    Scum going up automatically ffs 
    You do like to exaggerate lol.

It was only in their last game that they drew 1-1 to Barnsley.

8 games into the season they are 3rd and 1 points above 8th and its oh no they are going up automatically 🤣🤣🤣

There are 38 games to go for gods sake
    Where palace and the scum are concerned I expect the worse and looking at their FA cup final appearances and recent league superiority over us it’s probably the best thing to do otherwise I’d be in an asylum now .
  • Options
    Our points tally after 8 games of 16 would put us 2nd in the Championship right now.

Dies it mean the Championship is very even with teams all taking points off each other or that League 1 is poor.
    No, we’re only 6th because we have a game in hand (teams around us have played 9 not 8).
  • Options
    Coventry 1-0 up against surprise league leaders Reading.

Only the fourth goal Reading have conceded this season.
  • Options
    Reading missing Meite. Joao got decent hold up but nobody running in behind. 
  • Options
    1-1 Joao 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 Joao 
    Thanks Jeff
  • Options
    Who was the player we got from Coventry that looked very promising but was constantly injured?
  • Options
    3-1 Coventry 
  • Options
    Who was the player we got from Coventry that looked very promising but was constantly injured?
    Just found out: Frank Moussa (retired)
  • Options
    Just found out: Frank Moussa (retired)
    Late winner at home to Wigan in the championship 
  • Options
    Can't believe how strong Norwich's bench is and they must have a great chance of going straight back up:

Vrancic
    Hugill
    Cantwell
    McLean
    Mumba
    Tettey
    McGovern
  • Options

3-1 down and Nahki Wells goes for the panenka and skies it😂 what a knobhead

Bows would have made him walk back home 
  • Options
    Toney scored again last night. 10 in 10 now and well on track to record the highest Championship goals total since Guy Whittingham.

If only Southall had put a bid in back in January.........
  • Options
    looks like a fella that will score goals in whatever side/league he plays in
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

3-1 down and Nahki Wells goes for the panenka and skies it😂 what a knobhead

Bows would have made him walk back home 
    But, there again, had a certain Yann Kermogant not tried one for Leicester in the play offs then he probably would not have been sent out straight on loan and then subsequently released by them. And history for him and us might have been so different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Toney scored again last night. 10 in 10 now and well on track to record the highest Championship goals total since Guy Whittingham.

As discussed on Quest on Saturday, now Toney is scoring in the Championship, the big PL sides are suddenly interested, but he hasn't suddenly become this player in 10 games.

I imagine his value has already doubled over what Brentford paid, if not more
  • Options

As discussed on Quest on Saturday, now Toney is scoring in the Championship, the big PL sides are suddenly interested, but he hasn't suddenly become this player in 10 games.

They got 30m for Watkins after 25 goals last season. Toney should smash that if he stays fit. The question is though, what's the ceiling for the price for a championship striker? Surely not much more than 30m.

Either way, incredible work again by Brentford. Buy Maupay for 1.6m, sell him for 20m. Buy Watkins for 1.8m, sell for 30m. Buy Benrahma for 2.7m, sell for what could be 25m+. Buy Toney for 10m, sell for.......

• Options

They got 30m for Watkins after 25 goals last season. Toney should smash that if he stays fit. The question is though, what's the ceiling for the price for a championship striker? Surely not much more than 30m.

Either way, incredible work again by Brentford. Buy Maupay for 1.6m, sell him for 20m. Buy Watkins for 1.8m, sell for 30m. Buy Benrahma for 2.7m, sell for what could be 25m+. Buy Toney for 10m, sell for.......

Yes but we got Bogle for nothing and he could be worth at least ten times that come the end of the season!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Accrington have suspended there next 2.

Interesting choice of words in the EFL statement  not postponed but suspended(although they do mention postponed later in the statement) and the circumstances around it are being investigated 

On the subject of Accrington, I hope if the season is ended on PPG Accrington have some kind of penalty against them. it would be ridiculous for a side that have played many games fewer due to their inability to shield to not be penalised in some way.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Accrington have suspended there next 2.

Interesting choice of words in the EFL statement  not postponed but suspended(although they do mention postponed later in the statement) and the circumstances around it are being investigated 

On the subject of Accrington, I hope if the season is ended on PPG Accrington have some kind of equaliser against them. 
    Its ridiculous that they could actually jump into second if they win their games in hand... Its highly unlikely but still
  • Options
    PPG simply isn't right at any stage. Who can forget how vehemently we argued against it when we were certain to be relegated based on it being implemented? That we were anyway is irrelevant as is the fact that we might be in a strong position should it be imposed right now.
  • Options
    Crazy how some teams can be so uneven between their home and away performances

Preston at home - 5 defeats - worst in the division
    Preston away - 4 wins and a draw - best in the division

They won 3-0 at Reading tonight, who previously had 4 wins out of 4 at home
  • Options
    Wycombe win again, a winner in the 2nd minute of added time!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Looks like Reading being a good team hasn’t lasted very long. 

Last time I checked they were 5 points clear of 2nd, now it’s the same amount of points clear of 8th.

Conceded 9 in last 3 league games. 
  • Options
    Wimbledon aren't playing today due to a number of players testing positive, you imagine their game next Saturday against Wigan will be under threat