Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 Champions League

Comments

• Options
    We pretty much all knew it based off last seasons destruction by Bayern but Barcelona look finished at the top level for a while. Ridiculous debt, ridiculous wage bill and need a huge rebuild.

Messi will surely go, he's 34 in the summer and is not going to waste his last couple of years at the top level with this team. Pique, Busquets and Alba are all past it, and they can't play Coutinho because they can't afford to pay Liverpool the next transfer installment if he plays a certain number of games.

Rebuild a side around De Jong, Puig, Pedri, Dembele (if he can stay fit) and Ansu and come again in a couple of years time.
  • Options
    PSG looked very strong albeit against a very, by their standards, weak Barcelona.
  • Options
    We pretty much all knew it based off last seasons destruction by Bayern but Barcelona look finished at the top level for a while. Ridiculous debt, ridiculous wage bill and need a huge rebuild.

Messi will surely go, he's 34 in the summer and is not going to waste his last couple of years at the top level with this team. Pique, Busquets and Alba are all past it, and they can't play Coutinho because they can't afford to pay Liverpool the next transfer installment if he plays a certain number of games.

Rebuild a side around De Jong, Puig, Pedri, Dembele (if he can stay fit) and Ansu and come again in a couple of years time.
    It's pretty sad really. However I am glad that Messi may come to the Prem, would be amazing to watch him playing in England for a year or two. De Jong is probably their best player after Messi, but other than him, the big purchases they've made haven't done anything. 

What's funny is that the wages of Messi mean they will struggle to rebuild as he costs them so much. But without Messi, Barca lose their talisman and a certain money maker for the club, not to mention the footballing side of things. They're in a shitty position. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game (Barca v PSG). Interesting to see Kean’s progression
  • Options
    English clubs looking strong.

Liverpool win away at Leipzig.
    Chelsea win away at La Liga leaders Atletico.
    Man City win away at Monchengladbach.

City's stats on their current run are ridiculous. 26 unbeaten, 19 straight wins, 12 of those wins away from home, and incredibly only 7 goals conceded in those 26 games.
  • Options
    Dortmund concede 96th min. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Still won 5-4
  • Options
    Still won 5-4
    My bad I read the agg score wrong 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost another goal - enjoyable to watch
  • Options
    On bbc. 

Haaland record update...

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Sevilla (5-2 on aggregate)

Haaland has now scored 20 goals in 14 Champions League appearances; the quickest a player has ever reached 20 goals in the competition, and in 10 fewer appearances than the previous record holder (Harry Kane, 24).

He has also now scored a brace in each of his last four Champions League appearances, becoming the first player to score 2+ goals in four consecutive games in the competition.

• Options
    💥 
  • Options
    There hasn’t been a penalty shootout in the champions league knock out stages since the 2016 final- 62 ties 
  • Options
    OMG, how in the world did Juve come back? When I last looked 70min ago their aggregate was down 3-1?
  • Options
    This match was not on here but I plan to hunt it down.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I can honestly say that is one of the best games of football I’ve seen in a few years. 
    And the team performance from Porto was one of the best team displays I’ve seen for a long time too.

Pepe and Mbemba both excellent at the back as was Oliveira in the middle.
    Juve needed a draft excluder on that free kick
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    On bbc. 

Haaland record update...

Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Sevilla (5-2 on aggregate)

Haaland has now scored 20 goals in 14 Champions League appearances; the quickest a player has ever reached 20 goals in the competition, and in 10 fewer appearances than the previous record holder (Harry Kane, 24).

He has also now scored a brace in each of his last four Champions League appearances, becoming the first player to score 2+ goals in four consecutive games in the competition.

his record compared to how many games others took to reach 20 goals.

Ronaldo 56 games
    Messi 40
    Lewandowski 36
    Inzaghi 28
    Van Nistelrooy 27
    Del Piero 26
    Kane 24
    Haaland 14!!!
  • Options
    Also was very impressed with Jude Bellingham last night. To be playing like that in a CL knockout tie at the age of 17 is crazy.

Dortmund have got themselves another bargain, he'll be another of their young talents worth 100m in a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe Messi missed that pen, what a terrible player he is!
  • Options
    On a serious note, take a look at his goal if you can. Absolutely ridiculous strike. Keeper no chance from 30+ yards.
  • Options
    Maguire with one of the misses of the season in the United game this evening.
  • Options
    City v Real final for me, tough to call great final 8 
  • Options
    Bayern vs PSG is a huge game
    Two favourites 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Bayern vs PSG is a huge game
    Two favourites 
    Poch will have a personal score to settle with Bayern after they destroyed his Spurs side last season.