Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 Champions League

Comments

• I thought from what Ba was saying he pointed and said this black guy bur he didn't he actually pointed and said this N word

4th official way out of line, and players were correct to walk off
  • edited December 2020
    I can hear someone saying ‘Romanian Language’. Ba is saying you wouldn’t say that white guy so why say this black guy. 

Edit just see the other video where the N word is mentioned. That’s not Ba tho is it?
  • Romanian referee team. 

Black in Romanian is Negru...

Now why he's saying black in the first place is a mystery but don't think he's saying the N word. 
  • I can hear someone saying ‘Romanian Language’. Ba is saying you wouldn’t say that white guy so why say this black guy. 

Edit just see the other video where the N word is mentioned. That’s not Ba tho is it?
    No that was the member of coaching staff that was being sent off then obviously Ba had the conversation that was on the other video posted
  • I can hear someone saying ‘Romanian Language’. Ba is saying you wouldn’t say that white guy so why say this black guy. 

No that was the member of coaching staff that was being sent off then obviously Ba had the conversation that was on the other video posted
    Yes where it was explained ‘Romanian language’. It’s poor from the 4t  official and he should engage his brain but he didn’t call Ba a N*****.
  • It's Webo and Ba, I think BA has understood the culteral difference in the Romanian word used a but his biggest gripe is why Webo is referred to as the black guy.

Yes where it was explained ‘Romanian language’. It’s poor from the 4t  official and he should engage his brain but he didn’t call Ba a N*****.
    There is still no need to refer to anyone by their skin colour, why not just say that guy that and point to him
  • edited December 2020
    I'm going to throw it out there that there probably aren't many black fellas playing for a Turkish football team. Saying "the black guy" is not in the slightest bit racist, it's been totally misconstrued because black in Romanian sounds like a racist term in English. It has all kicked off so demba ba has rightly stuck up for what is right, he's then found out that "negru" means "black" and has kicked off to save face
  • CAFCsayer said:
    I'm going to throw it out there that there probably aren't many black fellas playing for a Turkish football team. Saying "the black guy" is not in the slightest bit racist, it's been totally misconstrued because black in Romanian sounds like a racist term in English. It has all kicked off so demba ba has rightly stuck up for what is right, he's then found out that "negru" means "black" and has kicked off to save face
    So why did both teams walk off?
  • edited December 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    So you think addressing someone by the colour of their skin is not at all racist.

Try putting the shoe on the other foot, if someone walked down the street and pointed to you and said that white guy would u find it racist because I would.

Addressing someone by the colour of their skin is racist
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Well the reaction and misunderstanding over ‘negru’ from the coaching staff member tells you not everyone understood ‘n*****r’ wasn’t used. Emotions are also obviously high at the moment. As I said, the 4th official should of engaged his brain.
  • Juventus 3 up. Puts them top of the group.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    So you think addressing someone by the colour of their skin is not at all racist.

Try putting the shoe on the other foot, if someone walked down the street and pointed to you and said that white guy would u find it racist because I would.

Playing football on a Sunday morning in the Woolwich and Eltham league I can tell you’ve I’ve been called ‘white boy’ on several occasions. Tbh I couldn’t give a fuck even if it’s seen as a cuss. I’m sure I’ll be told that ‘white people cant be victims of racism’ which, ya know, whatever. But just answering your ‘show on the other foot’ scenario.
    And when I was punched a few months ago the guy called me a white piece of shit before he punched me, was that not racism then, he addressed the colour of my skin but according to some on here thats not enough to be classed as racism
  • PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Well the reaction and misunderstanding over ‘negru’ from the coaching staff member tells you not everyone understood ‘n*****r’ wasn’t used. Emotions are also obviously high at the moment. As I said, the 4th official should of engaged his brain.
    Fair enough. He should've. I completely get this is likely to be a misunderstanding. Still, there are descriptors one could use that avoid skin colour - squad numbers jump to mind.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Which is what I kind off alluded to above myself. 

I think and rightly so it's a very sensitive subject but what I really hate, in the current climate is that,  you can't have an impartial view of these situations, you have to have a side and then you, yourself are caterogorised as either this or that. 
  • Demba Ba is on the bench too, so clearly there wasn't only one black guy on the bench. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Fair enough. He should've. I completely get this is likely to be a misunderstanding. Still, there are descriptors one could use that avoid skin colour - squad numbers jump to mind.
    I did think squad number but then I’m guessing them wrapped up like they were numbers weren’t on show.

As I said, stupid from him but not malicious.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Playing football on a Sunday morning in the Woolwich and Eltham league I can tell you’ve I’ve been called ‘white boy’ on several occasions. Tbh I couldn’t give a fuck even if it’s seen as a cuss. I’m sure I’ll be told that ‘white people cant be victims of racism’ which, ya know, whatever. But just answering your ‘show on the other foot’ scenario.
    And when I was punched a few months ago the guy called me a white piece of shit before he punched me, was that not racism then, he addressed the colour of my skin but according to some on here thats not enough to be classed as racism
    Paulie mate, they’re accompanying it with violence and therefore using it derogatory. The official was describing someone. To me there’s a difference. 
  • UEFA have said the 4th official will be replaced and the game must now restart.
    If Basaksehir don’t agree they will forfeit the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Im sorry to hear you were attacked but your example is clearly someone using your colour to cause offense to you in the context you described. 

You don't know that the 4th official has intentionally used colour to cause offense in this situation.

I'll thought out yes but malious, you can't be certain. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I agree, but how is calling a guy who is black "the black guy" racist? This is where the racism talk pisses me off to be honest, just gets stupid. 

PS - I do appreciate there was a degree of stupidity in this case. Completely with CAFCsayer on this though. 
  • If someone called me a white piece of shit and punched me I would say that was racist.

If I were the only white player on a football pitch and an official wanted to describe who had committed an offence, I think it sensible to say the white guy did it.
    Rather than say the 5' 8", tubby guy, with brown hair & light complexion, with short legs & adidas boots did it.

It's just common sense, but I fear that went some time ago in many cases.
    What about if you were sat on a touchline and he said the White guy rather than just point to you, especially if there were more than 1 white guy on the bench
  • If someone called me a white piece of shit and punched me I would say that was racist.

If I were the only white player on a football pitch and an official wanted to describe who had committed an offence, I think it sensible to say the white guy did it.
    Rather than say the 5' 8", tubby guy, with brown hair & light complexion, with short legs & adidas boots did it.

What about if you were sat on a touchline and he said the White guy rather than just point to you, especially if there were more than 1 white guy on the bench
    Then I’d assume he was stupid for not realising there was more then one white person on the bench. 
  • Ive just watched a United player kick the ball away at 3-2 down. My God.
  • Both United goals could have gone either way.
    Penalty was hardly clear cut, then the 2nd looked to have hit Maguires hand/arm.

I'd presume he was a dufus, because if he said it was the white guy when there were two white guys it wouldn't help. Like I said common sense appears to be sadly lacking.
  • edited December 2020
    CAFCsayer said:

Firstly, no, Not even remotely.

Secondly, the situation are clearly different.. Saying "the black guy" to describe a black guy in a team where the vast majority are not black is not racist, it isn't slur... WAlking Down the street and pointing at someone random and saying look at this black guy is quite clearly not the same

Bothered, stop being offended for other people