Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington - now at Derby (p26)

Comments

• Options
    He's over due a goal, I don't think that's an unfair criticism. Hes also been played out wide a lot by Adkins.
  • Options
    We do need some goals from him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Maybe he could try that next time he's clean through with only the keeper to beat  :D
  • Options
    Weak Goalkeeping there. 
  • Options
    With the assist from Josh McGuinness
  • Options
    edited October 2021

thenewbie said:
    Scored for N. I. 
    Scored more for them than for us since the start of the season. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scored for N. I. 
    Scored more for them than for us since the start of the season. 
    Ahh every thread back to being clogged up with misery. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I like Washington, he reminds me of Gary Nelson if I'm honest, which is meant as praise!
    Me too, YTS.

He ran his socks off last night before he was subbed. 

Certainly can't fault his work rate or enthusiasm.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    I like Washington, he reminds me of Gary Nelson if I'm honest, which is meant as praise!
    Me too, YTS.

He's one player who does to me have that proper Charlton "feeling" for lack of a better term. Is he a world beater? Absolutely not. But he does what he can do very well and you can't question his application or effort, and even when things aren't working for him he rarely goes hiding. Seems to be fairly popular with the other players too. 
    Indeed.

I would add that this also applies to Purrington IMO but he does appear to divide opinions on here. 
  • Options
    I find him similar to Gary Nelson in style, work rate and goal ratio.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

He's one player who does to me have that proper Charlton "feeling" for lack of a better term. Is he a world beater? Absolutely not. But he does what he can do very well and you can't question his application or effort, and even when things aren't working for him he rarely goes hiding. Seems to be fairly popular with the other players too. 
    Indeed.

I would add that this also applies to Purrington IMO but he does appear to divide opinions on here. 
    And Gilbey
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

Indeed.

And Gilbey
    Yeah, I'd agree with both of those actually. I think that there is a core of decent players in this squad somewhere but in the midst of going from desperately under strength we've ended up going all the way to overstuffed and now have to trim back before we can find the best team. 

Hopefully now that's happening/happened but it's very frustrating to see. 
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

Indeed.

Purrington divides opinions because even though he's fucking shit, the majority seem to have the impression he's a functional & effective modern day full-back 

• Options
    Sam_777 said:
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

Indeed.

Purrington divides opinions because even though he's fucking shit, the majority seem to have the impression he's a functional & effective modern day full-back 
    Spot on . 
  • Options
    Sam_777 said:
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

Indeed.

No one thinks he’s a modern full back, but he’s a solid L1 player. Saying that I wouldn’t rush to offer him a new deal, I hope we’re looking to sign better full backs on both sides in the summer, assuming we don’t in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    Sam_777 said:
    thenewbie said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Me too, YTS.

Indeed.

No one thinks he’s a modern full back, but he’s a solid L1 player. Saying that I wouldn’t rush to offer him a new deal, I hope we’re looking to sign better full backs on both sides in the summer, assuming we don’t in January.
    Agreed whatever division we're in we need better players in many positions.

Purrington though if we're in this league isn't a priority to replace.
  • Options
    Loaded up the Washinton thread to see a debate about Purrington. 

Time to find the Purrington thread now...
  • Options
    Sod it I'm going to drop his name into the Cory Blackett Taylor thread as well, as that one seems to be all about the new Deji lol
  • Options
    Friends messaging saying he had a blinder when on. Ran the Italian warlords ragged and high work rate. 

A slightly familiar tale that he should have taken his chance near the end to win it for N.I.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Friends messaging saying he had a blinder when on. Ran the Italian warlords ragged and high work rate. 

A slightly familiar tale that he should have taken his chance near the end to win it for N.I.
    Looked really sharp off the bench. 

Should be on a high on Saturday after that great performance from NI. 
  • Options
    Another non-scoring striker who may run & run but when given a chance to score often misses.

What joy.