Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

1202122232426»

Comments

• Was chansiri chairman when they got to the play offs two years running? Did that happen by throwing money at it that he didn’t have? Was he a bad owner in the eyes of the fans back then?
  • edited June 9
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    The financial rules were bought in to stop this type of lunacy and the EFL have let football down by their failure to enforce.
    This goes back to QPR getting a fine instead of being dropped through a league. Maybe if that had happened others would have been more circumspect? Maybe not, but they are so slow to enforce anything. Financial reports need to be submitted by a given date or points deduction for instance. That would give them a chance to start the process at least. It is a joke that SW have only just submitted their accounts for 2019. (£600m loss). What sort of governance is that FFS.
    SW should have been relegated along with Derby. I have nothing against either Club, but we do need to protect football in this Country.
    I would not wish administration on any Club and I hope it does not happen to SW. It is difficult to see how things could have improved with the COVID restrictions in place so one would assume that they are in a very dark place.

Absolutely 100 % agree with you here, sadly for us we were victims of not having parachute payments when we were relegated from the PL in 2000 and this put us in the wilderness for 15 years then along came this chap from Thailand and he's splashing all the cash around like it was paper, I mean back then people were 'joyfully worried' but when you've been starved of success for 15 years you just take it in your stride.

I don’t blame any supporter being happy with an owner splashing the cash, and we had supporters singing about how rich we were when we got taken over by a gang of con men. I put the blame squarely with the EFL. It is their job.
    I hope your supporters are up for the fight because you need to get ready for one IMO. There will be a lot of scum after your Club if he needs to sell.
    Some great fans across the Country who will help, but you need to get organised.
    I honestly think a lot of fans have given up, back around 04/5 we had a chairman taking fans to court and not really wanting to spend anything, but now we have an owner who wants to run everything but knows nothing, there are even rumours he wanted to tell the manager who to pick, look how many managers we've gone through!

Is there any petrol left in the tank of fans, the way football is run and how incompetent the EFL are people will just walk away from it ...I don't blame them.

Duchatelet was telling Powell, an ex England international, who to pick and explaining formations to him. He also told him our best players like Kermogant and Morrison were rubbish and brought in a keeper who would even punch away a back pass behind his back.
  • OwlsTalk are saying he signed a new contract earlier this year for £27k a week.

Seems that Chansiri may have also paid to overdue wages.
  • £20k in League One is sickening to be honest, even if it is a contract which was signed before relegation. 
  • The problem is, the club are probably committed contractually to this.
    For such a high earner, they should have had a relegation clause put in the contract. 
  • Sponsored links:

For such a high earner, they should have had a relegation clause put in the contract. 
    But that would assume they were well run.
    they are massive and massive clubs don’t get relegated. He probably has a promotion to the premier league Increase clause added
  • Don't pay a lot of attention to Sheff Weds but isn't Chansiri more like RD than ESI?  

By that I mean specifically that he is a billionaire that just runs them very poorly but is unlikely to ever let them go bust himself (may keep their ground/sell them to a dodgy character though).

Horrible to have an owner like that of course but I think the hype of there being no Sheff Weds is overdone.  

I get the feeling that the late paying of wages is more about trying to squeeze out the poor players than not having the money.
  • Sunderland would have loved their highest earner to only earn 20 odd grand a week when they got relegated.

The likes of Cattermole, Oviedo, McGeady and Watmore all lost half their salary when they got relegated from the prem but not from the championship.  Cattermole was on 40k a week in league 1!!!
  • They have been given a 6 point suspended deduction for the 2021/2022 Season for late payment of wages on more than one occasion.
  • EFL =JOKE