Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• Options
    If any players on high wages leave and they have no/little transfer value.
    I should imagine Sheff W may not be that unhappy (possibly).
    If they can't afford the wages they can't.
  • Options
    Well if nothing else that should rule them out as one of our promotion contenders next season! 
  • Options
    What with whippet mange rampant in them there parts as well, it does not bode well!
  • Options
    I’m not the biggest Sheffield Wednesday fan nor do I like their supporters however I’d never wish this onto another club. If they go bust it’ll be lesson to clubs that live above their means and gamble with a clubs future in the hope of making it to the prem. I do hope they survive, it’ll be a huge loss not only for the football league but their community as well. This could have easily been us last year, think we tend to forget that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    If they are not paying players wages surely that means they must be under a transfer embargo 
    They are.
  • Options
    Have to feel for the supporters,as always,like us,they are the innocent party in all this,and are powerless to watch their club implode chasing impossible dreams.They must have players earning totally unrealistic wages,those players and the people who agreed those wages must have known the situation,so no sympathy there.I hope they stay in business,but a drop to div.2 might just be the wake up call lower football needs,I cannot help but feel this is the tip of the iceberg.Even at top level,how can mediocre players,like De Gea,Aubamyang,warrant wages of £300k a week plus,someone has to have the balls to say no.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday are in deep shit.

Their players haven’t been paid for two months, and if they are not paid within the next 14 days the players can terminate their contracts and walk away.

Also it is believed that they are under a transfer embargo.

So if the players do leave they would struggle to even field a team at the start of the season.

The fans are owed money from last years season tickets, and basically Wednesday are skint.  They haven’t got a pot to piss in.

The cheating bastards are getting their just desserts.
    The fans are still owed money from the unused part of their 2019/20 STs.
  • Options
    OwlsTalk is making some interesting reading.

Massive bill on the new lease for the stadium due in September and Chansiri told all the players if they got relegated, then their salaries would be halved and if they don't like it they can leave.

• Options
    The owner might well be hoping the high earners do leave but I don't think they are going to walk away from lucrative deals unless they have other contracts at another club lined up.

And rightly so.
  • Options
    massive
  • Options
    If clubs have been horrendously mismanaged, it's right that they are punished and drop down the leagues.

However I would never want ANY club to go out of business
  • Options
    Even if they weren't under an embargo, who exactly is going to sign for a club who are facing administration, a points deduction and haven't paid their players for 2-3 months?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if they weren't under an embargo, who exactly is going to sign for a club who are facing administration, a points deduction and haven't paid their players for 2-3 months?
    I reckon that those set of circumstances could tempt Old Bows to turn the clock back as player/coach! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Addickted said:
    OwlsTalk is making some interesting reading.

Massive bill on the new lease for the stadium due in September and Chansiri told all the players if they got relegated, then their salaries would be halved and if they don't like it they can leave.

But if they haven't been paid for a couple of months, what is half of nothing? Unless somebody buys them sharpish, they look to be up to their necks in it! How are they going to entice new players to the club?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I do genuinely have sympathy for them and really hope they don't go bust but but I am also thinking if they have any players that we might want!
  • Options
    If I remember rightly, most of Wednesday fans on Owlstalk thought there was nothing wrong with the way Chansiri cheated the other year and didn’t think any penalties should be put in place. Of course that’s only a selection of the fan base and I’m sure there were many who were disgusted by what happened and agreed with the 12 point deduction (before it was wrongly reduced anyway).