Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    I did hear that the accounts will show they have overspent again. Time will tell. 

Not having proper sponsors means that the owner pays for everything. If anything happens to him or his income they are serious trouble.

If he is now borrowing money using the stadium as security, if he defaults on payments the ground could belong to a finance company of some sort which would be worrying for them.

Good for football if a cheating club fell into financial problems, but I would hope they survive, but in a lower league.
    I hope the FA fully investigate all issues and on a timely basis!
    There's a far higher chance the FA will do something/anything about the blatant chicanery than the EFL ever will.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I did hear that the accounts will show they have overspent again. Time will tell. 

Not having proper sponsors means that the owner pays for everything. If anything happens to him or his income they are serious trouble.

If he is now borrowing money using the stadium as security, if he defaults on payments the ground could belong to a finance company of some sort which would be worrying for them.

Good for football if a cheating club fell into financial problems, but I would hope they survive, but in a lower league.
    I hope the FA fully investigate all issues and on a timely basis!
    There's a far higher chance the FA will do something/anything about the blatant chicanery than the EFL ever will.
    I may not have appreciated the difference - I just hope someone does and they got what they deserve in the season they deserve!
  • Options
    Still an outstanding mortgage on the ground? Hmmm 🤔 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Weiss was the guy who worked with Bassini on the loans to Watford that saw them breach FFP (or whatever it was called back in 2013)

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/10733118.football-financier-behind-watford-fc-loans-nigel-weiss-turned-blind-eye-to-rules-breach-judge-told/
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Weiss was the guy who worked with Bassini on the loans to Watford that saw them breach FFP (or whatever it was called back in 2013)

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/10733118.football-financier-behind-watford-fc-loans-nigel-weiss-turned-blind-eye-to-rules-breach-judge-told/
    I'm surprised he hasn't yet teamed up with Farnelliotttttt to form a football club ownership dream team.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    A mortgage on a ground the club doesn't own, (cos y'know SheffW sold the ground right), to secure loans to the football club.
    Nope, can't see anything awry there, nothing for EFL to consider at all.
    Trying to pull the wool over EFL's eyes again could only be the work of an utter thicko or monumental pisstaker.
    EFL falling for it would make them inept, complacent or corrupt.  Wouldn't it?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    A mortgage on a ground the club doesn't own, (cos y'know SheffW sold the ground right), to secure loans to the football club.
    Nope, can't see anything awry there, nothing for EFL to consider at all.
    Trying to pull the wool over EFL's eyes again could only be the work of an utter thicko or monumental pisstaker.
    EFL falling for it would make them inept, complacent or corrupt.  Wouldn't it?
    I'll go for "all of the above".
  • Options
    When your that Massive...
  • Options
    On SSN, 12 point deduction halved by arbitration panel and now move off the bottom of the league. Fucking joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgraceful 
  • Options
    This is ludricous, see this pop up on my phone from skysports  and nearly launched my phone against the wall.

Fucking joke. 
  • Options
    Jokers
  • Options
    Bet the EFL love the independent panel appeal system, the precedents for escaping punishment for cheating are mounting up
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Fuck it, just give them an extra 12 points while they're at it.

Complete joke and where is the deterent for blatant cheating.
    Exactly. May as well not bothered 'punishing' them at all,a total farce. Cheats do prosper after all.
  • Options
    Unbelievable really
  • Options
    someone’s pocket been lined no doubt.

fraud and cheating goes hand in hand in football.

efl not fit for purpose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I being cynical to say that the EFL knew back in August that this was likely to happen & that's why they didn't push for the points deduction to be actioned last season. Imagine how it would look now if the EFL turned round & said..."sorry we relegated you for no reason"

• Options
    The EFL really are a laughing stock. 
  • Options
    Absolute joke.
  • Options
    They've just trumped trump.
  • Options
    A total and utter disgrace. The EFL should hang their heads in shame. 
  • Options
    I just cant see the logic in this.
    What are they hoping to achieve by rewarding cheating with such a pointless punishment?
    I wonder how many more fans will be lost to football forever because of this blatant incompetence?
    An utter disgrace and makes a mockery of their governance of our game.

The whole lot of them should be ashamed and removed from the trough they swill in.