Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Wigan | Sat 18 July, 2020 | Post-match thread

We live to fight another day. Wish it was easier, but at least we still have a chance.

We’ll, I thought today was the best we’ve attacked since December. Our defence were at sixes and sevens for the first twenty-five minutes, gifting them the early lead and not doing much better for their second. 

We’re out of the drop zone and have a decent advantage with our goal difference. It’s our hands to eek out Championship survival.

A point was the least we deserved.

On to Elland Road.

Over to you.

Finished 2-2.

Comments

• Bummer...

• We were the better side first half without the end product.

I am worried that our go to once we are behind seems to be just pump balls forward and hope for the best.

• I said before the game, draw this one and win at Leeds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    They all put 100pc in and was a good game to watch, unlike Brum. Was glad to see the players a bit angry towards the end too. 

We do need to cut Bonne some slack. Would love him to score with every chance but don't forget we have no alternatives. Very different to our CB situation. 
  • I just don't get those HTsubs unless FC and field were injured. We lost all height and strength in midfield and the shape of the team, As a result we were much worse in the second half. Strange.
  • Puts Wigan one point behind us and they could be playing Fulham who could still be going for automatic right? 
  • Fck me I enjoyed that goal! Superb play by the lads, I thought they did great. 

Where was the rip roaring Wigan? We should have won that. Still comes down to Taylor not playing! Wanker.

we go to Leeds who are Champions.... we can dream can’t we guys and girls? ....
  • Damn really thought we were gonna get the winner at the end, lets hope Fulham win today, so they are still in with a chance of automatics against Hull
  • 1 point needed at leeds. 
    Helps they are champions now. 

I think we’ll do it! 

Didnt like the tinkering again but we got the point! 

Great finish by bonne and knock on by aneke. 

I thought davison had a good half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The lads did well in the end, super cool finish from Bonne, now joint top scorer with Taylor.  Bowyer needs to tell our guys to stop diving as it’s doing us no favours. Keep your feet you might actually get the chance to get a shot away. And Chuks needs to stop giving away those niggley free kicks.
  • Huge, huge point for us.
  • Feels good to be on the right end of an injury time goal again, no idea of a point qill be enough but it's kept us alive till Wednesday and still in our own hands
  • Can't fault players for effort. 
  • Puts Wigan one point behind us and they could be playing Fulham who could still be going for automatic right? 
    Wigan are two behind us... they're on 58-pts but will drop to 46-pts as things stand
    Yes if they beat the massives today
  • Rossman92 said:
    That is actually a vital point. A draw between Hull and Luton is ideal but I'd take a Hull win too.

Hull play in Cardiff next week which I fancy Cardiff to win, which makes Luton's result against Blackburn irrelevant. A point at Leeds will be enough but we may not need it

NOT DEAD YET
    Agree I'll take a Hull win but Wigan still have to win their last game... We may have enough... Still need Barnsley though to draw or lose today just to put them out of the equation. Then we have Sheffields possible points... Yes it's all miracles but you have to hang onto something.... 
  • I just don't get those HTsubs unless FC and field were injured.

We lost all height and strength in midfield and the shape of the team, As a result we were much worse in the second half. Strange.
    Saving them for the Leeds game next week.

You know how Bowyer thinks.  :smile:

• Wigan did what we did against Birmingham and similarly paid the price. Wigan should as long as their appeal does not succeed find themselves two points below us with Fulham left to play. A draw between Hull and Luton or a Hull win with them going to Cardiff on the last day and we might just be there without another point needed. On top of that Leeds will hopefully be absolutely smashed from a 3 day bender. How they play vs Derby will be telling, as they are already Champions, as we know.