Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Not a rumor but why has Aneke been morphed in to a target man that's interchangeable with Bogle?

Have I missed something because I have seen loads of people mention it this week? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not a rumor but why has Aneke been morphed in to a target man that's interchangeable with Bogle?

Have I missed something because I have seen loads of people mention it this week? 
    Do you know that Aneke has spent a large chunk of his career as a striker right? Also a decent target man because of his height and build. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Do you know that Aneke has spent a large chunk of his career as a striker right? Also a decent target man because of his height and build. 
    Hes a forward, but he ain't a target man... He is crap in the air for a bloke his size
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Hes a forward, but he ain't a target man... He is crap in the air for a bloke his size
    Can keep the ball in his feet though, not just about winning headers.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I’m not sure crap is fair. Nice assist for Bonne against Wigan. I’m not saying he’s the next Bartlett in the air but I think he’d do ok in League 1. 
  • Options
    Still think TS wants to make a statement by bringing someone in with proven consistent pedigree. Don't think anyone he's signed, apart from maybe Waston fits that criteria.
     Quite how he does that with the cap, i'm not sure.
  • Options
    NOT a rumour.
    Would take Tom Bayliss from Preston, 21 year old box to box midfielder, not really had a look in at all since moving from Coventry.  Played two full seasons, one at this level for Coventry.  Was supposed to be next best thing, Preston paid 2m for him, surely we could tie up a loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I’m not sure crap is fair. Nice assist for Bonne against Wigan. I’m not saying he’s the next Bartlett in the air but I think he’d do ok in League 1. 

Ok fair enough, crap is probably not fair... but he is not great in the air.
  • Options
    Bods64 said:
    Click on download and then view on the above link. It’ll take a while to load.
    No.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Ok fair enough, crap is probably not fair... but he is not great in the air.
    Could definitely be better I agree. But I also hope that even if he does play as a target man, that doesn’t mean we’ll just be smashing long balls up to him to win in the air. 
  • Options
    Butland about to sign for palarse could stoke be the club that now come in for phillips....
    @bobmunro would possibly be ITK if they were in for him........
  • Options
    Just guessing, but wouldn’t he surprised if the sticking point with Boreham Wood is a sell on percentage on top of the actual fee. Can’t blame them for wanting a piece of the action if he really pushes on. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Just guessing, but wouldn’t he surprised if the sticking point with Boreham Wood is a sell on percentage on top of the actual fee. Can’t blame them for wanting a piece of the action if he really pushes on. 
    Offer them an extra 50k, Morgan or Davison on loan (if we can't get either a L2 loan) and a 20% of profit sell on fee. Job done.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Offer them an extra 50k, Morgan or Davison on loan (if we can't get either a L2 loan) and a 20% of profit sell on fee. Job done.
    If they’re asking for more money I would guess it’s a lot more than an extra £50k.
  • Options
    Butland about to sign for palarse could stoke be the club that now come in for phillips....
    @bobmunro would possibly be ITK if they were in for him........

Yesterday, I wished the CEO of Stoke good luck for today!
    I'll ring him this morning and see if I can find out anything.
  • Options
    The Borehamwood kid is obviously keen as he has started following the club on twitter, how significant that is I don’t know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Davo55 said:
    If they’re asking for more money I would guess it’s a lot more than an extra £50k.
    Depends what our 6 figure offer was though. If it was 100k then another 50k is a good % increase.

What's the going rate for a non league player in a post-Covid world anyway? Bonne was 200k before Covid affected clubs and he'd scored 45 goals in 2 seasons for a team that won the National league. 

Obviously we need to pay them what they want, but do they want to risk pricing him out of a dream professional move and have a dejected player on their books?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Davo55 said:
    Depends what our 6 figure offer was though. If it was 100k then another 50k is a good % increase.

What's the going rate for a non league player in a post-Covid world anyway? Bonne was 200k before Covid affected clubs and he'd scored 45 goals in 2 seasons for a team that won the National league. 

Obviously we need to pay them what they want, but do they want to risk pricing him out of a dream professional move and have a dejected player on their books?
    Bonne was a release clause if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    Chuks is not a target man. He can play on his own up front, but his skills are in receiving the ball where he can drive at players, so he's best as a second striker or as a lone frontman who has a lot of support from advanced wingers. If you play into his feet he can drive you up the pitch but he isn't very good at getting the ball to stick while support arrives around him and he's not very dominant in the air. It might be that we set up to play to his strengths - if he's ever fit enough for that to be worthwhile - but he's not going to do the job of a target man effectively. Still no clear indication of how we'll play once we have all our players in though, so we'll have to see
  • Options
    Just looking at some non league transfers, Peterborough paid Barnet 500k + add ons for Jack Taylor back in January so i'd guess that's possibly the sort of price Borehamwood will be asking.

Maddison cost 250k back in 2014 which was really good value for money.

The best value though has to be Jamie Vardy. Leicester paid a non league record 1m for him, that must be one of the best value for money transfers ever.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    RedRobin said:
    The Borehamwood kid is obviously keen as he has started following the club on twitter, how significant that is I don’t know. 
    Of course he's keen, club in London, good stadium, manager with a growing reputation.. League one so a good chance he will get chances to get a first team place. 

If you told me as a player at non league, Charlton in league one, or Barnsley in the championship it would be a no brainer, even if I wasn't a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Just looking at some non league transfers, Peterborough paid Barnet 500k + add ons for Jack Taylor back in January so i'd guess that's possibly the sort of price Borehamwood will be asking.

Maddison cost 250k back in 2014 which was really good value for money.

The best value though has to be Jamie Vardy. Leicester paid a non league record 1m for him, that must be one of the best value for money transfers ever.
    They paid like £300k for Mahrez and quite similar for Kante I think, some serious business