Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Options
    Dodgy translation of an article from earlier today suggests a lot of clubs have enquired about Marcondes.

https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/brentford-har-tilbudt-marcondes-ny-kontrakt/

Brentford have offered Emiliano Marcondes a new contract, says the offensive player's agent.

Emiliano Marcondes has a contract expiration with Brentford next summer, but the Championship club would like to keep the Danish offensive player.

Marcondes has thus received an offer of an extension, his agent tells B.T. - We have received a contract offer, which we are currently chewing on. There are ongoing negotiations, but nothing has been signed and there are many inquiries about Emiliano, says Antoni Alexandrakis to B.T.

25-year-old Marcondes has played 65 games for Brentford, scoring five goals and 10 assists.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Marcondes - the danish AMC

it would tally with us moving on Erhun and George meaning a bit more space in midfield but he’s a bloody excellent player and I’d be immensely surprised if he joined us.excellent free kick taker and can finish too

Highly unlikely but would be a massive signal of intent 

• Options
    You want a rumour? Here’s a rumour..

Emiliano Marcondes AM from Brentford. 
    No chance.
    K@KentishAddick

Why do you say that? His Wiki suggests he is a not quite proven championship player. Charlton would be a chance to cement first team English football and under the tutelage of LB ... and at an ambitious club.
    My Dad is a Brentford fan so I follow them quite closely and watch the majority of their matches. He played regularly for them last season, including the play off final, and has played every league game for them so far this season.

I enjoy all rumours but this one isn't happening
    If you have a white-board in that house, chuck it out. Those points would've saved us as well.

• Options
    Vfrf said:

No chance.
    K@KentishAddick

Why do you say that? His Wiki suggests he is a not quite proven championship player. Charlton would be a chance to cement first team English football and under the tutelage of LB ... and at an ambitious club.
    My Dad is a Brentford fan so I follow them quite closely and watch the majority of their matches. He played regularly for them last season, including the play off final, and has played every league game for them so far this season.

I enjoy all rumours but this one isn't happening
    If you have a white-board in that house, chuck it out. Those points would've saved us as well.

I didn't speak to him for a few days after they bottled it and relegated us. It still gets mentioned sometimes.
  • Options
    Has this Marcondes stuff come from anywhere other than this board? With all due respect to I believe it was FlyingKiwiDK, his ITK track record has slowly diminished.

At any rate, no way can I see us affording him. And why would he come here when he's a relatively regular fixture in the Brentford side?
  • Options
    You've made a grave mistake @KiwiValley

By posting that picture nearly everyone will be desperately searching Google for the next few minutes for a hand shandy!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if we managed to agree a fee with Brentford, why on earth would he sign for us on 2-3k a week when Brentford have already offered him a new deal?
     Massive promotion bonus?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Are we planning for a 4-4-2?

Lee liked 3 at the back last year but is that unlikely with our current CB selection? It sounds like we are not adding any more defenders and CB is one of our weakest areas now, so would be strange to play 3 of them. Surely we would only want to play 2 of Inniss, Pearce and Famwo? Plus need to leave room for injuries. (Barker not ready and Pratley we need his influence in midfield).

Oztumer being moved out - he was a starter in our last game but without adding a midfielder he has become surplus to requirements. He can't really play in a 4-4-2.

Watson and Pratley to hold the fort in central midfield as a 2. Or can Levitt get into a middle 2?

We have signed Maddison and trying to sign Sorba Thomas who looks a typical winger. Johnny Williams can also play fine on the wing and isn't needed to score much there. Doughty would also thrive on the wing.

Striker wise, Washington can't operate up top on his own, so Bogle and Aneke are there as his target man partner. Looking to sign a young pacey striker to rotate with washington it seems.

However, Lee has clearly stated that Gunter and Chelsea Ian were ideal for us as our preferred style will be the full backs bombing forward to attack. Perhaps slightly riskier with a back 4, and would probably need the protection of a strong central midfield 2 (not Levitt). Or, we play with 1 winger and the other side has a midfielder tucked in like Levitt. And we'd need another midfield cover like Lee wants.

442 with wingers and attacking full backs would certainly be an attacking system but perhaps what we need to get the wins we need for top 6?
  • Options
    http://gofile.me/4Pz1o/2pKXEKoSz
    Who needs a striker?
  • Options
    Click on download and then view on the above link. It’ll take a while to load.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Very good and easy to see @Sage Thank you.

Physio is your stock in trade, isn't it? 

Actually no, it’s predominantly sports science as a whole, and I done psychology at masters, but really should’ve done sports physiotherapy or something similar instead as I’ve found I enjoy it more! 
    You obviously didn't do English. I done? Tut tut.
  • Options
    I hope TS charged his deal phone and super deal phone last night ahead of the 5PM deadline. 
  • Options
    I hope TS charged his deal phone and super deal phone last night ahead of the 5PM deadline. 
    I hear he was last season leaving Makros with a van full of Doritos so it’s looking good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hear he was last season leaving Makros with a van full of Doritos so it’s looking good
    Could have been getting them for the fight fans watching the punch up in the car park there.
  • Options
    Anyway, where are the signings? Or even some new rumours to start the day?
  • Options

Also Casper Schmeichel and Christian Erikson

Come on now lol