Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Basically there is a good chance of a significant signing today; Rich Cawley
    Real helpful, i can see Rich Cawley so assumed as much but still none the wiser smart ars
    That's literally what Cawley said. 

Replying to @DeanMorrison1 and @thebish30
    Think there's a good chance you get a significant signing today.

Replying to @RichCawleySLP @DeanMorrison1 and @thebish30
    Do you think they've been waiting for Sandgaard to get over from the States?

Richard Cawley
    Replying to @4everAddickted @DeanMorrison1 and @thebish30
    No. I don't think he is in the country until tomorrow. He doesn't need to be involved to that extent with the deals.
  • Early Friday morning his here
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Not sure Koiki or Danish striker would be ‘significant’, Maddison maybe.
    I'd say the top scorer from the Danish league leaving their champions to come to a league one team is fairly significant.
    This. His pedigree is considerably higher than Maddison in my opinion. Also our need for a goalscorer is greater than that of an attacking midfielder.
    If we signed both of them plus Matthews and a decent CB, i'm confident that'd be good enough for us to go straight back up.

Amos, Matthews, New CB, Pearce/Famewo, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Maddison, Schwartz.

That's a good enough promotion side.
    Like that... 

Amos
    Matthews | C.Back | Famewo | Purrington
    Doughty | Watson | Gilbey | Maddison
    Schwartz | Washington

Expect the bench would be:
    Subs: M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Barker, Pearce, Pratley, F.Caskey, Loan Striker

Can see Pearce rotating with Famewo if Famewo can't play RCB (looks both footed so far)

Would expect that a good number of younger players will be loaned out.
  • 'significant'?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    I'd say the top scorer from the Danish league leaving their champions to come to a league one team is fairly significant.
    This. His pedigree is considerably higher than Maddison in my opinion. Also our need for a goalscorer is greater than that of an attacking midfielder.
    If we signed both of them plus Matthews and a decent CB, i'm confident that'd be good enough for us to go straight back up.

Amos, Matthews, New CB, Pearce/Famewo, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Maddison, Schwartz.

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Can see Pearce rotating with Famewo if Famewo can't play RCB (looks both footed so far)

No Oztumer, Williams, Morgan or Aneke on bench? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

This XI and formation at home the bottom half sides, yes, but we’d be so open against a Sunderland or Ipswich, if we do sign Maddison I see it more as this;

Amos
    Matthews, CB, Famewo, Purrington 
    Gilbey, Watson
    Williams
    Doughty, Schwartz, Maddison

If you’re gonna have Doughty and Maddison in the same side you want them as attacking as possible, in a 442 they’d have defensive responsibilities.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I can't believe the lack of focus on the center half.  When was the last time we, or anyone else, got promoted with poor center halves. 

You can cover a full back, you can distribute goals through a team.

If we got a good, right footed center half, and a 20 goal a season striker I would have more than a good shout at top six. 

Throw in a right back and another striker we are laughing. 
    I thought you said we were in for one?
  • I think Matthews signing is quite significant as we currently do not have a right back! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Wellllll too defensive on that bench. No Levitt, Williams, Oztumer, Aneke etc. No chance of 3 centre backs and Pratley, and Forster-Caskey.

Go on @Dazzler21 be creative, you know you want to! 
  • Could the CB be the 'significant signing '?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

This XI and formation at home the bottom half sides, yes, but we’d be so open against a Sunderland or Ipswich, if we do sign Maddison I see it more as this;

Amos
    Gilbey, Watson
    Williams

If you’re gonna have Doughty and Maddison in the same side you want them as attacking as possible, in a 442 they’d have defensive responsibilities.

I think Doughty is fine in a 442, suits him way more than 433 IMO. Agree on Maddison though, you wouldn't want him RM. 

I see your team above as the one he'll play, but Levitt over Williams with Gilbey the more attacking CM. 
  • sam3110 said:
    If our next 4 signings are Matthews, Koiki, Schwartz and Maddison then I'll be very happy. Still think we'd need a winger and another CB on top of that, and if I'm being greedy another striker
    This.

Think we still need another 6 or 7, and that’s the positions I’d agree with too.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I can't believe the lack of focus on the center half.  When was the last time we, or anyone else, got promoted with poor center halves. 

If we got a good, right footed center half, and a 20 goal a season striker I would have more than a good shout at top six. 

Quite agree. This CB is key.

We need a good spine.
    Matching one with the quality of Dillon,Bauer,Beilek,Cullen,Aribo,Taylor is going to be a tough ask

Amos,New CB, Watson,Gillby,New CM,New striker??
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Amos
    Gilbey, Watson
    Williams

I think Doughty is fine in a 442, suits him way more than 433 IMO. Agree on Maddison though, you wouldn't want him RM. 

I see your team above as the one he'll play, but Levitt over Williams with Gilbey the more attacking CM. 
    I actually forgot Levitt, yeah that probably sounds more realistic, Williams coming off the bench as the game changer.
  • Amos
    Watson, Levitt/Morgan/JFC
    Gilbey
    Maddison, Schwartz, Doughty

AMB
    Wiredu, Deji, Pearce, new burney guy
    Pratley
    2 of Levitt/Morgan/JFC
    Williams
    Aneke, Washington

That's two half decent sides and I'd keep Oztumer and a 4th choice striker, Bonne or otherwise. 

Phillips, Lapslie and maybe Bonne leaving to raise funds.

Surely if at least 2 of those leave we'll have the wages for Matthews, Schwartz, Maddison and a CB.  
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Amos
    Gilbey, Watson
    Williams

I actually forgot Levitt, yeah that probably sounds more realistic, Williams coming off the bench as the game changer.
    With Pratley, JFC, Aneke, Washington and Williams on the bench, I'd be happy. Options to either see the game out or find a winner. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    RedRobin said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Nah bin em. 

Just kidding.

I think we'll see Morgan out on loan.
    Aneke will be in that Loan Striker's position on the bench if we can't pick up another. 
    Williams or Oztumer on the bench in place of F.Caskey maybe? Though he can cover LB too.

Maybe Barker goes out on loan allowing F.Caskey and one of those two on the bench giving us:

M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Pearce, F.Caskey, Oztilliams, Pratley, Aneke

We definitely need a proper RCB. I don't see a need for Koiki at the moment so would sacrifice him (as it has been said Famewo can also play LB) if it meant getting that new CB. 

All of the above means we still lack strength in depth, but the EFL are causing that with their BS cap. £5k per player at this level would be sensible but £2k is laughable. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Like that... 

Amos
    Schwartz | Washington

Nah bin em. 

Just kidding.

I think we'll see Morgan out on loan.
    Aneke will be in that Loan Striker's position on the bench if we can't pick up another. 
    Williams or Oztumer on the bench in place of F.Caskey maybe? Though he can cover LB too.

Maybe Barker goes out on loan allowing F.Caskey and one of those two on the bench giving us:

M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Pearce, F.Caskey, Oztilliams, Pratley, Aneke

We definitely need a proper RCB. I don't see a need for Koiki at the moment so would sacrifice him (as it has been said Famewo can also play LB) if it meant getting that new CB. 
    Madness to let Morgan go out on loan when he doesn't count towards the salary cap. Makes way more sense to loan Lapslie to League 2 when he does. 

I don't think signing Koiki affects signing a CB. He won't count towards the cap so no brainer for me. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd get rid of Lapslie. Harsh maybe, but how I feel. 

Morgan isn't being used by Bowyer so let him go out on loan and gain experience. I would prefer him in the CAM role that Oztilliams have been wasting. 
    Morgan free to push on would be a worthwhile gamble I think - not to mention a tidy finish last night. He's hungry but doesn't track back, so give him that Williams position with Watson/Levitt covering the track backs.
  • Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    If our next 4 signings are Matthews, Koiki, Schwartz and Maddison then I'll be very happy. Still think we'd need a winger and another CB on top of that, and if I'm being greedy another striker
    This.

Think we still need another 6 or 7, and that’s the positions I’d agree with too.
    Great minds eh? :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd get rid of Lapslie. Harsh maybe, but how I feel. 

Morgan isn't being used by Bowyer so let him go out on loan and gain experience. I would prefer him in the CAM role that Oztilliams have been wasting. 
    Agree in a way with Lapslie as he didnt stand out yesterday which was a little disappointing

Think Bowyer likes him though and will keep him round, partly because he's one those players who can be used in about three / four positions if needed
  • ButtleJR said:
    Think it’s Schwartz. Rumours he’s been signed already for a few days now but not announced for administration reasons. If those rumours are to be believed then it’s most likely to be RS today. Not itk but I think Maddison is unlikely. I suspect a Championship club will pick him up. 
    Wouldn't say Maddison is unlikely tbh, think Bows could be a big selling point for him. Hasn't proved himself above League 1 level yet. 
    I just think a bottom six Championship club will take him. Will cost nothing. As you say not proven above league one so not massive wages by Championship standards. Chance to prove himself and earn a better deal. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Think it’s Schwartz. Rumours he’s been signed already for a few days now but not announced for administration reasons. If those rumours are to be believed then it’s most likely to be RS today. Not itk but I think Maddison is unlikely. I suspect a Championship club will pick him up. 
    Wouldn't say Maddison is unlikely tbh, think Bows could be a big selling point for him. Hasn't proved himself above League 1 level yet. 
    I just think a bottom six Championship club will take him. Will cost nothing. As you say not proven above league one so not massive wages by Championship standards. Chance to prove himself and earn a better deal. 
    I still think that would have happened by now if it was going to

Why would he even be linked with Charlton (as per Bowyer's admission) if he could get somewhere that wasnt impacted by the Salary Cap?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I thought you said we were in for one?
    We are, I meant people on here.