Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Vfrf said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd get rid of Lapslie. Harsh maybe, but how I feel. 

Morgan isn't being used by Bowyer so let him go out on loan and gain experience. I would prefer him in the CAM role that Oztilliams have been wasting. 
    Morgan free to push on would be a worthwhile gamble I think - not to mention a tidy finish last night. He's hungry but doesn't track back, so give him that Williams position with Watson/Levitt covering the track backs.
    Lucky we're allowed 22 in the squad but including the positions we need more in and the players people think we're signing we currently have:

1. Amos
    2. Maynard-Brewer
    3. Matthews
    4. Oshilaja
    5. A.Nother RCB
    6. A.Nother RCB
    7. Pearce
    8. Famewo (L)
    9. Purrington
    10. Koiki 
    11. Maddison
    12. Doughty
    13. Pratley
    14. Watson
    15. Levitt (L)
    16. Morgan
    17. Gilbey
    18. F.Caskey
    19. Oztumer
    20. Williams
    21. Vennings
    22. Henry
    23. Lapslie
    24. Aneke
    25. Schwartz
    26. Washington
    27. Davison
    28. Bonne
    29. A.Nother
    Anymore? 

Assuming Bonne and Phillips go we need to cut a bit more fat from the squad... Another 5 to meet the 22 squad size required. 
  • Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    If our next 4 signings are Matthews, Koiki, Schwartz and Maddison then I'll be very happy. Still think we'd need a winger and another CB on top of that, and if I'm being greedy another striker
    This.

Think we still need another 6 or 7, and that’s the positions I’d agree with too.
    6 or 7 without another CM? Would be nice to have another goalscoring CM in the squad.
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    If our next 4 signings are Matthews, Koiki, Schwartz and Maddison then I'll be very happy. Still think we'd need a winger and another CB on top of that, and if I'm being greedy another striker
    This.

Think we still need another 6 or 7, and that’s the positions I’d agree with too.
    6 or 7 without another CM? Would be nice to have another goalscoring CM in the squad.
    That would be Maddisons role
  • Think centre half is crucial now. Pearce had a setback at the start of the week with a calf niggle (how bad he was unsure of at the time). Apparently was pushed extremely hard on his comeback and broke down 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Not sure Koiki or Danish striker would be ‘significant’, Maddison maybe.
    I'd say the top scorer from the Danish league leaving their champions to come to a league one team is fairly significant.
    This. His pedigree is considerably higher than Maddison in my opinion. Also our need for a goalscorer is greater than that of an attacking midfielder.
    If we signed both of them plus Matthews and a decent CB, i'm confident that'd be good enough for us to go straight back up.

Amos, Matthews, New CB, Pearce/Famewo, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Maddison, Schwartz.

That's a good enough promotion side.
    Like that... 

Amos
    Matthews | C.Back | Famewo | Purrington
    Doughty | Watson | Gilbey | Maddison
    Schwartz | Washington

Expect the bench would be:
    Subs: M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Barker, Pearce, Pratley, F.Caskey, Loan Striker

Can see Pearce rotating with Famewo if Famewo can't play RCB (looks both footed so far)

Would expect that a good number of younger players will be loaned out.
    3 central defenders on the bench, No Williams, levitt or oztumer To come on and change the game?

43 0-0 draws?
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    sam3110 said:
    This.

That would be Maddisons role
    He’s a winger or 10, I mean a box to box CM as a replacement for Aribo/Gallagher. Gilbey will hopefully do that but I don’t think we have another CM who will get a few goals unless someone steps up (JFC or Morgan?).
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Not sure Koiki or Danish striker would be ‘significant’, Maddison maybe.
    I'd say the top scorer from the Danish league leaving their champions to come to a league one team is fairly significant.
    This. His pedigree is considerably higher than Maddison in my opinion. Also our need for a goalscorer is greater than that of an attacking midfielder.
    If we signed both of them plus Matthews and a decent CB, i'm confident that'd be good enough for us to go straight back up.

Amos, Matthews, New CB, Pearce/Famewo, Purrington, Watson, Gilbey, Doughty, Washington, Maddison, Schwartz.

That's a good enough promotion side.
    Like that... 

Amos
    Matthews | C.Back | Famewo | Purrington
    Doughty | Watson | Gilbey | Maddison
    Schwartz | Washington

Expect the bench would be:
    Subs: M.Brewer, Oshilaja, Barker, Pearce, Pratley, F.Caskey, Loan Striker

Can see Pearce rotating with Famewo if Famewo can't play RCB (looks both footed so far)

Would expect that a good number of younger players will be loaned out.
    3 central defenders on the bench, No Williams, levitt or oztumer To come on and change the game?

43 0-0 draws?
    Whilst Ozzy played well last time out Williams hasn't changed any games this season and Levitt I forgot about. He can have one of those CB's spaces on the bench. Expect he'd be subbed on for Gilbey and visa versa. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Morgan isn't being used by Bowyer so let him go out on loan and gain experience. I would prefer him in the CAM role that Oztilliams have been wasting. 
    Lapslie is the player I want to break through and be a great player, unfortunately, I think this he is the least likely to do so. 
  • If Phillips isn't part of Bows plans then I'd like to see a keeper come in. I really don't rate Amos, sure he was good when we had him three years ago, but he has gone backwards since then.
  • Addickted said:
    Ben Heneghan mentioned to me as being looked at.

No, me neither........
    I mentioned him last week (no inside info just as a possibility). Sounds like he's had a good couple of years at Blackpool on loan from Sheff Utd so knows the league. Don't know too much about him other than that. 
  • Addickted said:

No, me neither........
    Free agent, signed by Wilder at Sheff Utd so I expect he’s a decent player. Had a couple of loans at Blackpool so proven at this level.

• Addickted said:

No, me neither........
    Seems pretty experienced especially at this level... Would be a Free Transfer too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Heneghan
  • edited October 2020
    Scoham said:
    PopIcon said:
    If Phillips isn't part of Bows plans then I'd like to see a keeper come in. I really don't rate Amos, sure he was good when we had him three years ago, but he has gone backwards since then.
    Amos might just need a run of games to get back to his best.
    And a balanced defence in front of him

Saturday against Sunderland will provide better judgement (even if Barker is still @ Right-Back) but we straight away looked a lot more organised having Famewo back there against Lincoln
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Vfrf said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Morgan free to push on would be a worthwhile gamble I think - not to mention a tidy finish last night. He's hungry but doesn't track back, so give him that Williams position with Watson/Levitt covering the track backs.
    Lucky we're allowed 22 in the squad but including the positions we need more in and the players people think we're signing we currently have:

1. Amos
    2. Maynard-Brewer
    3. Matthews
    4. Oshilaja
    5. A.Nother RCB
    6. A.Nother RCB
    7. Pearce
    8. Famewo (L)
    9. Purrington
    10. Koiki 
    11. Maddison
    12. Doughty
    13. Pratley
    14. Watson
    15. Levitt (L)
    16. Morgan
    17. Gilbey
    18. F.Caskey
    19. Oztumer
    20. Williams
    21. Vennings
    22. Henry
    23. Lapslie
    24. Aneke
    25. Schwartz
    26. Washington
    27. Davison
    28. Bonne
    29. A.Nother
    Anymore? 

Assuming Bonne and Phillips go we need to cut a bit more fat from the squad... Another 5 to meet the 22 squad size required. 
    That squad includes players that don't count towards the total squad size as they are U21s I believe, potentially we would be 1 over as still if loans do not count as this Telegraph article says? 
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/19/exclusive-efl-cap-squad-sizes-help-ease-financial-pressure-clubs/ 

"League One and League Two will be restricted even further, with a limit of 22 registered players agreed. Clubs also agreed to decrease the overall figure further to a maximum of 20 players in the lower tier in 2021/22.

The limits, which brings the Championship in line with Premier League rules, do not apply to cup competitions or include under-21s unless they were signed on loan."

• Looking at the above it sounds like we need to be playing more academy players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rich Cawley doesnt want to tempt fate but has shown a picture of Bowyer next to a fish!!
  • I reckon it might be Maddison..no idea why..that would be pretty significant as a signing.
  • Maddison inbound