Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overseas travel during Covid-19 pandemic this summer?

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    At the end of the day I doubt many of the returning holidaymakers from Spain will actually quarantine 
    That being the case I hope all the selfish fuckwits catch it and suffer the consequences.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    At the end of the day I doubt many of the returning holidaymakers from Spain will actually quarantine 
    That being the case I hope all the selfish fuckwits catch it and suffer the consequences.
    You don’t understand epidemiology do you.
  • Options
    Understand it, I would struggle to spell it.
  • Options
    Still looks like I am going to Italy on the 10th. Still the only one worried in the group.
  • Options
    Flying to Hungary in a couple of weeks. Just had Covid test yesterday as it is needed to enter and it came back today negative.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What about those going to regions of Spain where there are literally no cases?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I was in Vilamoura a couple of weeks ago and it was dead, and I mean dead. I had bars and restaurants to myself. I am currently in Nice and it is the complete opposite, bars and restaurants last night were rammed. I just asked the boss of Ma Nolan’s which is the main bar here for football if they are showing the cup final as all their screens are in doors. They are showing it and have no restrictions on numbers, just rock up I was told!
  • Options
    We cancelled our August holiday to Tennessee and swapped for isolation in Portugal in a villa. We subsequently cancelled that and are heading to south of France to a villa in the middle of nowhere. Driving there so no mingling with anyone and isolating when we get there. I can’t wait - this is a much needed rest.
  • Options
    I desperately need a holiday, boss is screaming at me to take annual leave but I've spent so long at home the thought of doing that is sending me a bit mental to be honest. I hate the element of holidays that is spent on airports with all the bullshit pre covid let alone now. And as much as I've driven to destinations abroad in the past I fucking hate driving on holiday 

That said, I'm going to force the issue and look to take a long drive to either the Austrian mountains or down to Croatia in September. I don't like this new normal one bit and as much as I'm prepared to firm it out indoors I am suffering mentally 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    We cancelled our August holiday to Tennessee and swapped for isolation in Portugal in a villa. We subsequently cancelled that and are heading to south of France to a villa in the middle of nowhere. Driving there so no mingling with anyone and isolating when we get there. I can’t wait - this is a much needed rest.
    Someone called LBC and said pretty much the same thing as you the other day, maybe it was you?
  • Options
    Flying to Hungary in a couple of weeks. Just had Covid test yesterday as it is needed to enter and it came back today negative.
    What was the point of getting a test yesterday if you're not flying for a couple of weeks?

Surely any test should be 48-72 hours before flying?
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Someone called LBC and said pretty much the same thing as you the other day, maybe it was you?
    SamB09 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Lol not guilty

all we need is a pool, a bbq, a roof and we are good with a town with a population of 71 we might just see nobody.

bliss
  • Options
    Rescheduled our summer holiday in France until next year. Am due to be going to the Christmas market in Lille in December, am hoping we can still go.
    We booked a last minute holiday to Costa del Dymchurch next week. Staying on a caravan site just up the road in New Romney which has a fairly quiet beach just across the road. Not what we envisaged for this summer but am quite looking forward to it. The weather forecast looks decent so will spend days on the beach and the evenings having BBQ's.
    Probably left it too late i know, but im thinking of this for end of August.
    Is the light railway and amusements all open?
  • Options
    just realised how Charlton that sounds.
    Railway for the kids not me😄
  • Options
    off to Sicily tomorrow, flight have moved to Heathrow (a while back when they closed Gatwick for BA), had to reschedule them, can't do online checkin, and so it begins..
  • Options
    Rescheduled our summer holiday in France until next year. Am due to be going to the Christmas market in Lille in December, am hoping we can still go.
    We booked a last minute holiday to Costa del Dymchurch next week. Staying on a caravan site just up the road in New Romney which has a fairly quiet beach just across the road. Not what we envisaged for this summer but am quite looking forward to it. The weather forecast looks decent so will spend days on the beach and the evenings having BBQ's.
    Yes mate, both open. Didn’t do the train but went to the funfair. The staff were pretty good there, rides were cleaned after every turn and plenty of hand sanitiser stations everywhere. The car parks were all full on Friday but there was plenty of space on the beach.
  • Options
    Yes mate, both open. Didn’t do the train but went to the funfair. The staff were pretty good there, rides were cleaned after every turn and plenty of hand sanitiser stations everywhere. The car parks were all full on Friday but there was plenty of space on the beach.
    Thanks mate, appreciate that.
  • Options
    What was the point of getting a test yesterday if you're not flying for a couple of weeks?

Yes, we thought that but were told to get it done this week in order to get the results back soon and send the certificate results.
  • Options

Yes, we thought that but were told to get it done this week in order to get the results back soon and send the certificate results.
    Charlton result 10 days before you travel saying you do not havea covid19.  That is n protection at all to where ever you are going 10 days is a long time in which some one can contract the virus and be a spread when they travel. No wounder Spain is having such major resurgence of the virus if this is their understanding of the virus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks! We found out we had actually been matched in March but Covid had paralysed the process, then just got the call last week to get everything organised and get over there! When I started this thread about travelling during Covid I didn't know we would be doing it for our adoption 😀
  • Options
    Congratulations on the adoption, well done for doing that. I have friends who have adopted twice and they are a wonderful family, so enjoy the new family life.
  • Options
    Excellent, email today from BA saying our flight is very busy. Fantastic.
  • Options
    Thanks! We found out we had actually been matched in March but Covid had paralysed the process, then just got the call last week to get everything organised and get over there! When I started this thread about travelling during Covid I didn't know we would be doing it for our adoption 😀
    Congrats sir and best of luck. Am off to greece on Thursday morning for yet another round of ivf treatment and cant really afford to keep going with it. If it doesn't work again then we will be going down the adoption route.
  • Options
    Booked last week to go to Turkey with Jet2 in mid September....well aware of the risks but really need a holiday before what I feel is gonna be a LONG winter 
  • Options
    Booked last week to go to Turkey with Jet2 in mid September....well aware of the risks but really need a holiday before what I feel is gonna be a LONG winter 
    Hundred percent agree with this comment. Out in Greece at the moment and didn’t really how much this last 5 months had affected me mentally. If possible take the opportunity to have a break. Going to be a tough winter with everything coming up. 
  • Options
    I’ve a week in Provence coming up mid-September. Staying at two vineyards with hotels on site; so no need to travel anywhere else. Keeping fingers crossed that France doesn’t get added to the quarantine list, in which case we will probably reschedule (again-the original booking was in June!). I can relate to what posters are saying about needing to get away; we had just a single night in a hotel in Dorset a couple of weeks ago, which felt brilliant! 
  • Options
    Anyone got anything booked for the US? Supposed to be going in just over a month but looks fairly certain that won't happen.