Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overseas travel during Covid-19 pandemic this summer?

Comments

• Options
    Do you think me and my family are mad going to southern Italy in the middle of August? I am the only one that’s worried. Just won’t feel like we can relax. It’s a villa holiday with my kids and in laws.
    Must admit I would be concerned too. 
  • Options
    kimbo said:
    Supposed to go to Norway in September. Still closed according to Norway Government not sure if I want to go or not.  Back up plan Dorset
    I think Norway is on the list of places the government say your allowed to visit without quarantining on returning.
    Was it a cruise or just traveling? 
    Travelling around Bergen and Fjords but at the moment norway not allowing it. Still time 
  • Options
    Tenerife on the 26th July for a week.
    Can't wait 
  • Options
    Just looking for advice if anyone reads this!
    My family were due to travel to Turkey on 3rd August. We had 10 nights booked and were flying out with EasyJet and back with Corendon. We have cancelled the trip as all four of us are asthmatics and were worried about a shutdown whilst abroad. We have travel insurance but tbh I haven’t a clue what we’re covered for and that’s after reading the policy. It looks like the two flights will run but tbh at the moment it’s still unclear. EasyJet will allow a flight change but Corendon are saying if you don’t fly then tough. My question at the moment is whether we should change the EasyJet flight now or wait and see if the flights get cancelled and hope for a refund. Any advice welcome.👍
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    My family were due to travel to Turkey on 3rd August. We had 10 nights booked and were flying out with EasyJet and back with Corendon. We have cancelled the trip as all four of us are asthmatics and were worried about a shutdown whilst abroad. We have travel insurance but tbh I haven’t a clue what we’re covered for and that’s after reading the policy. It looks like the two flights will run but tbh at the moment it’s still unclear. EasyJet will allow a flight change but Corendon are saying if you don’t fly then tough. My question at the moment is whether we should change the EasyJet flight now or wait and see if the flights get cancelled and hope for a refund. Any advice welcome.👍
    Why should the flights be cancelled?

Have you checked to see if they are still taking bookings on your flights? If they are then it would suggest that they are going to go ahead. 
  • Options
    The EasyJet flight is still being sold but we thought it might get cancelled as now very few passengers appear to be on the flight and the possibility of a second wave either here or there.
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    I can feedback my experience with BA as I had exactly the same question as you regarding change / waiting.

Due to fly to Lanzarote on 19th July.  Decided to cancel, as decision needed to be made on villa in order to get 100% refund.  Was tempted by the rebook / flight voucher option (I know that Easyjet do the same offer) but two things concerned me:

1. What if the airline goes bust before the re-booking is used.  ATOL should kick in above for Easyjet, not sure on Corendon. 

2.  What if I take vouchers and the airline goes bust.  I assume voucher value lost.

So, I decided to wait it out and see if they cancelled my flight (they did).  If they do not, then take the re-booking / voucher nearer the time.  If they do cancel, you can get a refund (eventually).  
  • Options
    Cheers @RolandsOut I think we’ll hold fire with EasyJet as only 8 people are booked on our flight so I’d guess there’s a chance they’ll cancel it. The refund would be much more useful but like you say it’s not a disaster if we end up with a voucher.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Do you think me and my family are mad going to southern Italy in the middle of August? I am the only one that’s worried. Just won’t feel like we can relax. It’s a villa holiday with my kids and in laws.
    Must admit I would be concerned too. 
    To be fair, I find it hard to relax with my in-laws at the best of times, so I don't envy you!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Will likely rebook our Cyprus trip, cancelled this month, for October but waiting a month or so to see how things pan out first.
    Don't forget it gets dark very early that time of year, about 6-6:30.
    Mainly going to see good friends so more of a break and a catch up than worrying about the weather but thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My brother flew out from Valencia to Bristol this morning and all seemed normal. He had to fill in some sort of online health declaration when he did the online check in and obviously mask on the flight but all seemed fine. Don't know yet from him what measures there were at arrivals in UK but know he was out of the airport less than half an hour after the plane landed.
  • Options
    Spain now has infection rates we had in the first week of march. Be very wary - I'm not convinced we wont be in lockdown again in a fortnite.
    I have a trip to Ibiza booked for july 24th, and my wife and I are discussing whether to cancel, as the chances of being given 24 hours to get off the island seem high.
  • Options
    Rescheduled our summer holiday in France until next year. Am due to be going to the Christmas market in Lille in December, am hoping we can still go.
    We booked a last minute holiday to Costa del Dymchurch next week. Staying on a caravan site just up the road in New Romney which has a fairly quiet beach just across the road. Not what we envisaged for this summer but am quite looking forward to it. The weather forecast looks decent so will spend days on the beach and the evenings having BBQ's.
  • Options
    Rescheduled our summer holiday in France until next year. Am due to be going to the Christmas market in Lille in December, am hoping we can still go.
    We booked a last minute holiday to Costa del Dymchurch next week. Staying on a caravan site just up the road in New Romney which has a fairly quiet beach just across the road. Not what we envisaged for this summer but am quite looking forward to it. The weather forecast looks decent so will spend days on the beach and the evenings having BBQ's.
    Staying in a caravan? ...... oh, I get it - we're playing Gillingham next season. And you wondered what it was like being a Pikey.  :smile:

• Options
    Hope he's got a few ton of scrap to leave behind when he moves on.
  • Options
    Currently in Tenerife having flown out with Ryanair on Tuesday morning. Had to fill in an online form 48 hours before arrival that generated a QR code which was scanned on arrival, for their trace system. Hotel are pretty shit hot on PPE, masks in all communal areas, constant hand sanitising and disposable gloves to use the buffet. Seems a bit pointless as social distancing has been non-existent. Same with the flight out.

Was very quiet when we arrived, but its become noticeably busier today so expecting it to shut down again soon as the government are looking to review it on Monday I think.
  • Options
    The amount of Dutch in this part of France at the moment is unbelievable. Reckon they're choosing to drive across borders rather than getting a plane and going further afield
  • Options
    Fantastic week so far. The weather helps but it really is nice down here. My daughter admitted she’s enjoying herself just as much as she does when spend a fortune going abroad.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Off to Greece mid august.
  • Options
    Fantastic week so far. The weather helps but it really is nice down here. My daughter admitted she’s enjoying herself just as much as she does when spend a fortune going abroad.
    My cousin and his Mrs took their two boys to Euro Disney for a few days a couple of years ago, then come down to spend a couple of days with us. He said they spoke more about the stuff they got upto down here (collecting the chicken eggs, watching the wildlife, having a go on the air rifles etc) than what they did about what they done at Euro Disney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Going Greece on Monday morning.
  • Options
    Thought the cases in Greece were supposedly goign up?
  • Options
    At the end of the day I doubt many of the returning holidaymakers from Spain will actually quarantine 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Americans not allowed to travel to the EU for the forseeable future and I assume the UK will follow suit. Hope to see you guys in 2021 when I'm hopefully allowed back in Europe :)
    Just fly to Libya and get on a (small, inflatable) boat. You'll soon be in Italy.  They'll be quite a few people there happy to help you out for a fee and you'll have a lot of travelling companions on the boat with you.
  • Options
    We'll be having a long weekend in a caravan near Clacton-on-Sea.  Not sure why, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    At the end of the day I doubt many of the returning holidaymakers from Spain will actually quarantine 
    I don't doubt you're correct.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Currently in Tenerife having flown out with Ryanair on Tuesday morning. Had to fill in an online form 48 hours before arrival that generated a QR code which was scanned on arrival, for their trace system. Hotel are pretty shit hot on PPE, masks in all communal areas, constant hand sanitising and disposable gloves to use the buffet. Seems a bit pointless as social distancing has been non-existent. Same with the flight out.

Was very quiet when we arrived, but its become noticeably busier today so expecting it to shut down again soon as the government are looking to review it on Monday I think.
    fair play for going, but sod that - PPE / masks everywhere etc would drive me mental?
  • Options
    MattF said:

fair play for going, but sod that - PPE / masks everywhere etc would drive me mental?
    It was ok tbf, got used to it quite quickly