Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Overseas travel during Covid-19 pandemic this summer?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Just back from Fuerteventura. Was chatting with a couple yesterday who, like us, had heard Johnson’s announcements about needing PCR tests now and whether we had to ditch the LFTs we had ready for when we got back and which we’d included on our passenger locator forms. No-one seemed to know when it would start.  

A mate works for Border Force and he checked for me. No one had briefed them on the changes at all, so all good. I believe PCR tests now come in on Tuesday.  

Had a great time away. The Spanish and most tourists abided fully with the mask wearing indoors and certainly a lot more so than back here. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The South African authorities are moaning on the lines of 'we discovered Omicron and now we're penalised (travel bans) for letting the world know about it' .. 
    Yesterday a plane from SA landed in Amsterdam, 61 people on board tested positive for Covid, 13 of whom had the Omicron strain.
    As soon as the new variant was discovered and I mean AS SOON AS, all travel to and from Southern Africa should have been stopped, not a 24/48 hour delay. Anyone 'trapped' abroad ?, tough but the health and safety of the UK population must be the priority and everything possible done to prevent the import of more dangerous viruses
    Israel is banning ALL foreigners from entering the country for 14 days from midnight tonight
    Did they not have pre flight tests for that flight? How can 61 people onboard one plane have Covid, it's crazy. 
    Wake up! Can You not see what is happening?
    https://media.tenor.com/images/16fe9a7a2fceab0d6dd025935416ff94/tenor.gif 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Just back from Fuerteventura. Was chatting with a couple yesterday who, like us, had heard Johnson’s announcements about needing PCR tests now and whether we had to ditch the LFTs we had ready for when we got back and which we’d included on our passenger locator forms. No-one seemed to know when it would start.  

A mate works for Border Force and he checked for me. No one had briefed them on the changes at all, so all good. I believe PCR tests now come in on Tuesday.  

Had a great time away. The Spanish and most tourists abided fully with the mask wearing indoors and certainly a lot more so than back here. 
    Also just back from Fuerteventura (on Tuesday). Stayed with my cousin down in Gran Tarajal. As you say all COVID precautions well organised and pretty much second nature to everyone. Pleased to have avoided the extra costs that the reintroduction of PCR test will no doubt involve!
  • Options
    Just back from cyprus. 
    All tourists & locals wore masks in supermarkets, shops and when going into bars and restaurants (100% of people) with no issue and all also had to show vaccinated certs prior to going inside anywhere. Wasn't a hinderance tbf. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The South African authorities are moaning on the lines of 'we discovered Omicron and now we're penalised (travel bans) for letting the world know about it' .. 
    Yesterday a plane from SA landed in Amsterdam, 61 people on board tested positive for Covid, 13 of whom had the Omicron strain.
    As soon as the new variant was discovered and I mean AS SOON AS, all travel to and from Southern Africa should have been stopped, not a 24/48 hour delay. Anyone 'trapped' abroad ?, tough but the health and safety of the UK population must be the priority and everything possible done to prevent the import of more dangerous viruses
    Israel is banning ALL foreigners from entering the country for 14 days from midnight tonight
    Did they not have pre flight tests for that flight? How can 61 people onboard one plane have Covid, it's crazy. 
    Wake up! Can You not see what is happening?
    Enlighten us?
  • Options
    have got a ski trip with the family booked for Feb half term - christ knows what'll be happening by then
  • Options
    We got back from 7 days in Gran Canaria (Puerto de Mogan) and mask wearing in shops, public transport and even walking into and out of a restaurant was 100%. We got back to UK and hardly anyone wearing masks on public transport and shops!
    Even yesterday, after the announcement about compulsory mask wearing in shops most people still not wearing one---I suppose they knew that the new rules don't come in until Tuesday but surely the message would have sunk in that there is an increased risk!
  • Options
    Was meant to be in Paris next week and Riga the week after. Having to move one trip to try and ensure no issues for the second. Part and parcel of booking during a pandemic, but it is still annoying.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Just put in a bogus number RANDOX 12435
    its not being checked. 
    Although there is a small chance of you being selected for checks.