Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Can I ask how people have had additional CAFC Cash added to their accounts for family Members?

A friend of mine has just messaged saying that they can only see their Dad's cash on their account yet both season tickets are purchased through that one account
  • Options
    From an iPhone, if I use a vpn browser to purchase the game at £5 (vpn making it think I’m abroad) can I then watch the game via the app (obviously that isn’t via vpn as it’s just an app). Once it’s paid for does it matter about the vpn basically? 
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    From an iPhone, if I use a vpn browser to purchase the game at £5 (vpn making it think I’m abroad) can I then watch the game via the app (obviously that isn’t via vpn as it’s just an app). Once it’s paid for does it matter about the vpn basically? 
    I don't think that would work as the app would identify your I.P address as being UK based. If you log in to Valley Pass via the Opera VPN browser you can then watch it on your phone via the website. Also, if you have a chromecast or a smartTV you can cast it onto your TV. Someone else may know better but i'm 99.9% certain the app won't let you watch it.
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    Yes it does work. That's how I watch the games on my home TV
  • Options
    Cheers @Dazzler21- what vpn do you use? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Champs85 said:
    Cheers @Dazzler21- what vpn do you use? 
    I use the Opera Browser app

Info here: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3930137#Comment_3930137
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Champs85 said:
    I don't think that would work as the app would identify your I.P address as being UK based. If you log in to Valley Pass via the Opera VPN browser you can then watch it on your phone via the website. Also, if you have a chromecast or a smartTV you can cast it onto your TV. Someone else may know better but i'm 99.9% certain the app won't let you watch it.
    The VPN check isn't on games being shown in the uk on iFollow - It's only on the payment page to ensure the right price is charged. 

I can verify this as I've been doing it for all midweek games and since the return. 
    Cheers mate. Handy to know. I never watch on the app as cast my laptop onto my TV but useful to know if out and about.
  • Options
    If I get  the answer "How the bloody hell do we know", I quite understand. But if anyone does know...

Hopefully we return to Portugal on Wednesday, having bought the last two and next game on Valley Pass and paid the UK rate, will I have to open a new account to get the upcoming  (non-Sky) matches for a fiver once I'm back in Portugal?    
  • Options
    Cheers. Unfortunately the opera app on ios doesn’t have a vpn option which is frustrating. Will use it on the laptop to pay then back to the iPhone for the app 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Thommo said:
    Bit of a Strange one, I bought the Hull game last week for a £10 (as a one off not a recurring) Just gone to sort out the £10 for today’s game and the stream is already working for me, is it going to switch off just before kick off?

Did you get charged another £10 or did the stream cut off?
    i watched QPR but not around for tomorrow’s game.
    don’t want to pay for something I can’t be there for.
    From what I can see I haven’t been charged again, and they didn’t cut the stream off. 100% Luck over judgement on my part.
  • Options
    This game will be on Sky red button I presume too.
  • Options
    If I get  the answer "How the bloody hell do we know", I quite understand. But if anyone does know...

Hopefully we return to Portugal on Wednesday, having bought the last two and next game on Valley Pass and paid the UK rate, will I have to open a new account to get the upcoming  (non-Sky) matches for a fiver once I'm back in Portugal?    
    No mate. It will know you are abroad as I used the same account as usual when in Thailand in October. You'll get the £5 charge.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    This game will be on Sky red button I presume too.

None of Charlton’s remaining games are set to be behind the red button on Sky Sports.

• Options

Nope. If  based in Portugal you'll pay £5
  • Options
    I’ve probably missed it, but what’s the deal on watching it on two devices at the same time?  Is this allowed? 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    cabbles said:
    I’ve probably missed it, but what’s the deal on watching it on two devices at the same time?  Is this allowed? 
    Yes not sure if there's a limit but I've managed 2.
  • Options
    apologies if asked before but is there a “watch later” option on VP?  The 1800 kick off time is a killer for me tonight so not yet ordered. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Yes not sure if there's a limit but I've managed 2.
    Was that at the same time Daz? 
  • Options
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    apologies if asked before but is there a “watch later” option on VP?  The 1800 kick off time is a killer for me tonight so not yet ordered. 
    Not that I have found, which is cack. If you've paid for it, you should be able to watch back. We had that on the old CAFCTV usually a couple of days later, but not since it became Valley Pass
  • Options
    To those that purchased a game already since the return, I have just had a look and it seems I still have access to the service. 

I've only paid for Hull since the return 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To those that purchased a game already since the return, I have just had a look and it seems I still have access to the service. 

I’m not sure having access to the test stream means you’ll have access to the live match
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I’m not sure having access to the test stream means you’ll have access to the live match
    It has done so far for me. Usually you get the payment request page if you haven't paid.
  • Options
    me again - forgot to order the Cardiff game and now can't seem to get it - am i too late to buy the stream for it?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    me again - forgot to order the Cardiff game and now can't seem to get it - am i too late to buy the stream for it?
     If you're using cafc cash, yes if you're using real money no, you should still be able to buy a live match pass.
  • Options
    anyone know if were on the red button tonight? Millwall are the live game so seems like we potentially could be, normally by now (from memory) you can press select and chose your game but that doesnt seem to work today
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

No

Charlton’s game against Cardiff City will be available for all fans to watch with an individual match pass on Valley Pass.

Supporters are able to purchase the pass for £10 by clicking here. Supporters who purchase this way do not receive a code, they will get instant access following their purchase.

Supporters who have access to CAFC Cash from money refunded on season-tickets or matchday tickets can use that to purchase the game for £10 from by clicking here

Please note for supporters wishing to use their CAFC Cash to get access to the game against Cardiff City must purchase by 9am on Tuesday, June 30th to ensure their code arrives in time.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef9b85346b43/buy-your-live-streaming-pass-for-cardiff-city-v-charlton

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

It has done so far for me. Usually you get the payment request page if you haven't paid.

Dazzler21 said:

i get that test page up saying all okay as well - on the basis that i can't seem to order today then hopefully i will be able to watch anyway - are you saying that you bought hull but then didn't by qpr but could watch it anyway or that it then asked you to buy it? either way that will do me - hopefully
  • Options
    razil said:
    anyone know if were on the red button tonight? Millwall are the live game so seems like we potentially could be, normally by now (from memory) you can press select and chose your game but that doesnt seem to work today

None of Charlton’s remaining games are set to be behind the red button on Sky Sports.