Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    1st half fine. 2nd half a bit sluggish in terms of connection. seemed to be fine on ipad via valley pass, if only we could cast that on to tv. 

• Options
    Had to refresh 4 times Via F5 on my Desktop
  • Options
    1st half fine. 2nd half a bit sluggish in terms of connection. seemed to be fine on ipad via valley pass, if only we could cast that on to tv. 

This
  • Options

Pick up a second hand Apple TV box off eBay or cex.
  • Options
    I wonder how many live streams we've been selling?
  • Options
    I also had trouble trying to get the stream on a laptop. Could not pay by paypal or card. Gave up in the end. No problems with the previous games.

• Options
    Also couldnt pay by credit card but managed to pay thru paypal. Found the phone/chromecast connection dropped out a fair bit, so installed the valley pass app on my android tv box and it was perfect. Guessing this could work similar on smart tv's with android.
  • Options
    Millwall
    If sky won't let this be accessed in certain countries don't believe the list of valid countries on the cafc website. 
    Be ready for a dispiriting faff.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Bought the game the day before and all went smoothly. Watched on TV via hdmi cable connected to my laptop.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If Millwall is on Sky, then it'll be on here:

http://hdstreams.club/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season-ticket holders can watch Charlton’s game against Millwall live on Valley Pass but need to purchase before 1pm on Friday to get access to the game.The game has been selected for live broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and because of EFL broadcast regulations, the club is not allowed to stream the game for non-season ticket holders on Valley Pass in the UK and Ireland. Season-ticket holders can click here to purchase before 1pm on Friday.With the game being selected for broadcast, only supporters in countries where there isn’t an EFL broadcast deal in place will be able to watch Friday’s game on Valley Pass. A full list of those countries can be found at the end of this news story. Fans across the world will be able to listen to live audio commentary from Valley Pass commentators Terry Smith and Greg Stubley. To access this you just need to purchase a monthly pass, which costs £6.50, or a matchday pass, which costs £4. This will also give you access to the Valley Pass archive and Lee Bowyer’s pre and post-match interviews. Click here to purchase.Any season-ticket holder living outside the UK & Ireland, that wants to access the game should email website@cafc.co.uk.Countries where fans can live stream Friday’s game on Valley Pass. If you are in one of these countries, click here to purchase your pass.Europe: Albania, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hungary, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican CityMiddle East and North Africa: Gaza Strip, South Sudan, West BankSub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Namibia, Sao Tome e Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Western Sahara, ZimbabweAsia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, ThailandCaribbean: Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cuba, Puerto Rico, St Barthelemy, St Helena, Ascension & Tristan da Cunha, St Kitts & Nevis, St Martin, St Vincent & the Grenadines, US Virgin IslandSouth America: Falkland IslandsOceania: American Samoa, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Islands, Northern Mariana, Palau, Papua, New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & FutunaIf you are in one of these countries, click here to purchase your pass.Please note, these countries are subject to change throughout the season.https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5efdd804cfab1/how-to-watch-charltons-game-against-millwall-on-friday
  • Options
    Hungary doesn't work, nor the Netherlands and several others.
    Don't trust the list of countries.
  • Options

The following info is applicable only to people outside of the UK:

EFL broadcast partners are listed here: https://www.efl.com/iFollow/international-broadcasters/

If you’re trying to watch from abroad, find your country on this list and the game will be shown on the channel/network named. You won’t have access to Valley Pass if the country you are in is listed here.

If your country is not listed here, you will be able to access Valley Pass as per normal.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Looks like i've paid already, will verify tomorrow when test stream is up.
  • Options
    I don't have Sky so bit the bullet and lost years off my life because of the sh**** Cub website in the hope of purchasing the stream for the Millwall game being a season ticket holder.

They have taken £10 Charlton cash, I chose that option in the belief that it would be 'proof' I am in fact a season ticket holder, plus the spiteful 'Meire tax' of £1.50 real money. However, the email of ackknowledgement is worded as if I have purchased a ticket to attend the game in the normal way. There is no indication that I can access the stream.

After having a lot of trouble just getting to the stage I have described I am worrying that I have effectively donated to the 'Range Rover and bitches fund' and won't be able to access the match despite paying for it.

I know I am in a minority not having Sky but have any other season ticket holders tried to buy the Millwall game?

Have I shafted myself?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    LenGlover said:
    I don't have Sky so bit the bullet and lost years off my life because of the sh**** Cub website in the hope of purchasing the stream for the Millwall game being a season ticket holder.

They have taken £10 Charlton cash, I chose that option in the belief that it would be 'proof' I am in fact a season ticket holder, plus the spiteful 'Meire tax' of £1.50 real money. However, the email of ackknowledgement is worded as if I have purchased a ticket to attend the game in the normal way. There is no indication that I can access the stream.

After having a lot of trouble just getting to the stage I have described I am worrying that I have effectively donated to the 'Range Rover and bitches fund' and won't be able to access the match despite paying for it.

I know I am in a minority not having Sky but have any other season ticket holders tried to buy the Millwall game?

Have I shafted myself?
    They should send you a code by email, which allows you to access the stream

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Dansk_Red said:
    LenGlover said:

Have I shafted myself?

They should send you a code by email, which allows you to access the stream
    I have an order number which was mentioned in my acknowledgement email. Is that the code do you know?
  • Options
    No you will get a separate email with a specific code
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    No you will get a separate email with a specific code
    Thank you.

I won't hold my breath though!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Champs85 said:
    Cheers @Dazzler21- what vpn do you use? 
    I use the Opera Browser app

Info here: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3930137#Comment_3930137
    This is a really good shout. I use Chrome and installed a free VPN extension called DotVPN. Game cost me a fiver, I have turned the VPN off now as being a freebie it will no doubt be very slow.

Fingers crossed I'll still be able to stream the match tonight without the VPN being turned on. @Dazzler21 had it working on Opera, so in theory it should be the same for Chrome.
    Worked for me. Thanks @Dazzler21
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like I'm being treated as a ST holder as I've got the stream test page again, which has proven to work each time since Hull. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Looks like I'm being treated as a ST holder as I've got the stream test page again, which has proven to work each time since Hull. 
    Yeah I'm pretty sure we've got a choice tonight of either watching via. ValleyPass or through SKY
  • Options
    My understanding is you can't watch via Valley Pass if it is on sky.
    So if you don't have sky you have had it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5efdd804cfab1/how-to-watch-charltons-game-against-millwall-on-friday
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    You can if you were a ST holder.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    seth plum said:
    If you have a Charlton season ticket and cashed it in for the 9 game valley pass offer the Millwall game is included as available but only for season ticket holders.

If not get a now tv sky sports day pass Seth as it will give you 24hrs sky sports access for about a tenner.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase
  • Options
    I have a season ticket but intend to get a refund or hope to get a reduction on next seasons ticket.
    I was unable to understand and plunge into the incomprehensible website system in order to translate refund credit into match watching credit. Although well done to those of you who have been successful. 
    I prefer to utilise my Valley Pass membership, but that is also a very challenging task that has led to a lot of internet dead ends.
    The CAFC site I don't find easy to navigate, it is far from obvious what page leads to what bit.
    The irony is the 'how to' explanation confuses matters further.
    For example how would a Valley Pass member in Hungary watch this evenings match for £5?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    seth plum said:
    I have a season ticket but intend to get a refund or hope to get a reduction on next seasons ticket.
    I was unable to understand and plunge into the incomprehensible website system in order to translate refund credit into match watching credit. Although well done to those of you who have been successful. 
    I prefer to utilise my Valley Pass membership, but that is also a very challenging task that has led to a lot of internet dead ends.
    The CAFC site I don't find easy to navigate, it is far from obvious what page leads to what bit.
    The irony is the 'how to' explanation confuses matters further.
    For example how would a Valley Pass member in Hungary watch this evenings match for £5?
    They wouldnt be able to watch it unless they find an illegal stream online - Hungary dont have rights to EFL games so wont be showing it on TV, I can't imagine them having a season ticket either.

Its all clearly stated on the CAFC link

Have a season ticket in the UK and you can watch either via SKY or if you got a nine game pass through your ST refund on VP, if you dont have a ST or dont have the ValleyPass ST then you can only watch on SKY

If your not in the UK there is a big chance you dont have a ST so you can only watch on TV provided your country isnt one of the ones listed 
  • Options
    On the CAFC link it says overseas in Hungary can watch, along with places like Nederlands, Litchenstein, Vatican City, Cyprus, Moldova and others in Europe. As well as Hong Kong, Japan, Bangladesh and a whole published list of countries.

My friend who is both a season ticket holder and Valley Pass subscriber in Hungary cant watch via a match subscription and has indeed written off money in failing to do so previously. Neither can my friend in Japan, or Cyprus, or Hong Kong.
    I am pretty sure this has also been the experience of others too.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Fudge all the my friend BS, Your VPNs are not good enough, if Valley Pass recognises it is being accessed by a VPN, the game is blocked from purchase or viewing. 

The VPN I used in the season was SurfEasy however, ExpressVPN is also good as is Nord VPN. (Opera Browser is good if you're using PC or Mac, not sure if it works on iPad etc to stream through the browser)

Fans have also suggested the use of streaming sites to watch Sky Games, the primary one I use is hdstreams.club

Or if you don't want to be cheap/risk a dodgy connection and stream, sign up for a £9.99 NowTV sports pass which will get you this evenings game as well as any games tomorrow if you activate it 30 mins prior to Kick Off tonight. 
    Link here:
    https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online#ib-section-section-3