Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Info on Valley Pass live streams - Crewe game (Sat 3pm) - CAFC Cash purchases by Fri 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Bit of a Strange one, I bought the Hull game last week for a £10 (as a one off not a recurring) Just gone to sort out the £10 for today’s game and the stream is already working for me, is it going to switch off just before kick off?

• Options
    Working fine In Wales 
  • Options
    Admittedly I left it a little late but fuck me they don’t make it easy, I’ve tried to give them a tenner and had the fun of a hundred different captchas but will now hopefully find a different stream instead...
  • Options
    Ooo good they've got commentary sorted out early this week
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I paid the tenner last week and it worked so, even though I am a season ticket holder, I decided, for the good of my mental health, to pay the tenner again for tomorrow and it will hopefully work again.

As someone that does not have Sky I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do the same for the Millwall game which will be a problem but one game at a time as they say.

@LenGlover - For the spanners game you can buy a one day Sky Sports pass for £9.99 from Now TV. I purchased the 3 months for £75 option as when we get back to Portugal next week there's no pubs open and we have no income, so for the cost of one session down the pub watching a game, we can watch at home for a month. It works very well.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase   
    Before buying have a Google for discount codes, always loads online for nowtv 
  • Options
    Anyone got problems viewing this?
  • Options
    Stream gone down
  • Options
    Back on
  • Options
    cabbie8 said:
    If u have a smart tv can u log into the valley pass site and access the stream? I can’t seem to find any link for it 
    @cabbie8 realise too late for today and hope you got it sorted out. In case you didn't, for next game: 
    The answer is yes. After going onto internet section of your smart TV, go to cafc.com then go to "VALLEY PASS" top right. You will see a drop down menu. Move cursor to left and click on "LIVE STREAM".
    This gets you to log in page. You need to enter your email and password. (don't click DONE after entering either, you just have to move your cursor into the next box), then prove you aren't a robot and press the LOGIN.
    This should then bring you to the live stream. can go to right bottom corner of page to expand to full page. 
    Unfortunately you have to do this each week as a smart TV isn't smart enough to remember you!

I think there may be other ways but this a way that works and is easy to understand (relatively) for a non-techie!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I paid the tenner last week and it worked so, even though I am a season ticket holder, I decided, for the good of my mental health, to pay the tenner again for tomorrow and it will hopefully work again.

As someone that does not have Sky I'm not sure whether I'll be able to do the same for the Millwall game which will be a problem but one game at a time as they say.

@LenGlover - For the spanners game you can buy a one day Sky Sports pass for £9.99 from Now TV. I purchased the 3 months for £75 option as when we get back to Portugal next week there's no pubs open and we have no income, so for the cost of one session down the pub watching a game, we can watch at home for a month. It works very well.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase   
    A Now TV month's Sport pass is about 33 quid, BUT it lets you use it on up to 6 devices (I think casting from phone to TV may count as 2 mind you), so you could share the cost with someone that you trust not to take the piss with your login details. If we assume that the Leeds game will be on on the final day, cos it's not like Sky need an excuse to put them on,  then that's less than 17 quid per game divided by how many people you share the login, so even if it's just 2 of you that's cheaper than a day pass for those games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    cabbie8 said:
    If u have a smart tv can u log into the valley pass site and access the stream? I can’t seem to find any link for it 
    @cabbie8 realise too late for today and hope you got it sorted out. In case you didn't, for next game: 
    The answer is yes. After going onto internet section of your smart TV, go to cafc.com then go to "VALLEY PASS" top right. You will see a drop down menu. Move cursor to left and click on "LIVE STREAM".
    This gets you to log in page. You need to enter your email and password. (don't click DONE after entering either, you just have to move your cursor into the next box), then prove you aren't a robot and press the LOGIN.
    This should then bring you to the live stream. can go to right bottom corner of page to expand to full page. 
    Unfortunately you have to do this each week as a smart TV isn't smart enough to remember you!

I think there may be other ways but this a way that works and is easy to understand (relatively) for a non-techie!
    Again I say......what a faff. Who would think you'd have to go onto a drop down box to view something that 99.9% of people logging on want to view. The home screen should be a lot simpler. Just a button to click onto that says...." click on here to watch a live stream of today's game against xxxxx".

Perhaps its just me. Also perhaps I had it buffering too many times to mention & at one point was almost 2 mins behind the actual play time. Golfie Jnr was getting Twitter updates from Louis Mend about a corner bring taken & on screen the ball was in the middle of the park. 

• Options
    Just go to live.cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    redman said:
    cabbie8 said:

Again I say......what a faff. Who would think you'd have to go onto a drop down box to view something that 99.9% of people logging on want to view. The home screen should be a lot simpler. Just a button to click onto that says...." click on here to watch a live stream of today's game against xxxxx".

Perhaps its just me. Also perhaps I had it buffering too many times to mention & at one point was almost 2 mins behind the actual play time. Golfie Jnr was getting Twitter updates from Louis Mend about a corner bring taken & on screen the ball was in the middle of the park. 

It really isn't that difficult mate 
  • Options
    redman said:
    cabbie8 said:

It really isn't that difficult mate 
    Might not be difficult, but it could be a hell of a lot easier. @Redman explains it above. About 3 or 4 steps, starting with having to find the right section on the toolbar & then finding the dropdown.....etc etc.
  • Options
    I agree the valleypass site isn't the easiest to find your way round, but you get there in the end. Not intuitive at all though.
  • Options
    That link just takes me to a 404 Page Not Found. I am trying to to buy tomorrow night's game as a one off. I can find the page to buy using Valley Cash but not the normal one. Got the out of date QPR page, but nothing else I can see? Anyone got any ideas?   
  • Options
    The Hull game was still referenced on Saturday when I wanted to buy the QPR stream, so I think the Comms team are a bit behind with site maintenance.  I think I found the option to buy QPR under Purchase Valley Pass menu option.  I have just looked for the Cardiff game and it isn't up yet, but staff probably haven't started work yet. 
  • Options
    Cheers @WSA - I'll try again later.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I've just tried to purchase Valley Pass for the Cardiff game & they want to charge me a £1.50 transaction charge. The last 2 games only cost me £10. Could this charge be something to do with Cardiff?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I find the best way to view the streamed live matches on my 65" Samsung QLED is to access it/login using the downloaded Valley Pass app on my iPad, start watching the live feed and then simply tap the 'screen mirroring' icon on my iPad which transferred the picture from iPad to TV. Your iPad (or other compatible device) should detect your smart tv at this point but you might just need to 'synchronise' the device and tv the first time you set it up. I then leave the bloody thing alone for the duration of the game for fear of cocking it up!! lol.
  • Options
    I've just tried to purchase Valley Pass for the Cardiff game & they want to charge me a £1.50 transaction charge. The last 2 games only cost me £10. Could this charge be something to do with Cardiff?
    Use opera browser as it has a built in VPN and will think you are abroad. Costs £5 per game and no fee. ;) Apparently, I live in Badakshan region of Tajikistan..... :D
  • Options
    Which link did you use and how are you paying? I've just gone the non-season ticket holder route, and paid with paypal and it only cost me a tenner.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I've tried to pay, logged in, but the option isn't there. Anybody else having trouble? Skip that, done it. I swear it was different for QPR!
  • Options
    That link just takes me to a 404 Page Not Found. I am trying to to buy tomorrow night's game as a one off. I can find the page to buy using Valley Cash but not the normal one. Got the out of date QPR page, but nothing else I can see? Anyone got any ideas?   

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef9b85346b43/buy-your-live-streaming-pass-for-cardiff-city-v-charlton

• Options
    Thanks Clive. Please note, if you're using CAFC Cash you need to have paid before 9am on Tuesday, to give them time to send you the code.
  • Options
    Sorry CL merged the word it's into the link.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Which link did you use and how are you paying? I've just gone the non-season ticket holder route, and paid with paypal and it only cost me a tenner.
    All sorted now thankyou
  • Options
    clive said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef9b85346b43/buy-your-live-streaming-pass-for-cardiff-city-v-charlton

Is there any chance of matches being available on Valley Pass after they've been played? I know this is something that was tried earlier in the season. Believe Olly mentioned it being a real hassle. Just think there might be more of an appetite for it now. 

Cheers
  • Options
    Thommo said:
    Bit of a Strange one, I bought the Hull game last week for a £10 (as a one off not a recurring) Just gone to sort out the £10 for today’s game and the stream is already working for me, is it going to switch off just before kick off?

Did you get charged another £10 or did the stream cut off?
    i watched QPR but not around for tomorrow’s game.
    don’t want to pay for something I can’t be there for.