Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Root run out 17
    47-2
  • Options
    Root run out 47-2

immediate ban from test cricket should be automatically applied ffs a run out 
  • Options
    Cornwall certainly can bat. Check his averages! He is an all-rounder in every sense
  • Options
    Stokes plays out a Cornwall maiden. Respects the big lad
  • Options
    Root run out 47-2

immediate ban from test cricket should be automatically applied ffs a run out 
    It was just so lazy. The sort of thing a schoolboy does - leans on bat, surveys the scene and then decides late to set off
  • Options
    Of course, the dismissal, in diminishing his average, serves to confirm Root's ludicrous argument that he can't bat at 3. 
  • Options
    66-2 lunch.
  • Options
    Root run out 17
    47-2
    *waits for StigThundercock*
  • Options
    The beautiful thing is, literally every cricket club in the country has a Cornwall. Can’t bat, useless in the field outside of first slip, but can pick up wickets somehow off no run up. 
    The Club my son plays at (as I did too for over 30 years) has someone known to many on here through his work on behalf of the KCL and KRCL. He has 1,162 recorded wickets to his name - it was always a pleasure as well as entertaining playing with him.
    Funny when I was a young cricketer if I saw an older guy or a tubby player I'd think weak opposition..you learn never to judge a book by its cover..they are in the team for a reason..also not to assume all carribean players bowl at 90mph and Asians are wily spinners but do assume all Aussies are brash arrogant b ggers ..
  • Options
    Root apparently grows a pair and moves up to 3 for the better interests of the team to select more bowlers to force a win cos you need to take 20 wickets.  Double tough on Zak.
    Tough luck losing the toss and being put in to bat in bowler friendly conditions
    Yet again undone by all the empty space and sawdust between his ears Craptain Joe runs himself out after and hour and a half and the responsibility for holding together an England first innings is dumped on Ben Stokes, now batting at 4.  When is he gonna get rested, I wonder?
    Fuck me that Cornwall bloke is obese, don't see him chasing leather on a baking afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    92-3

Stokes b Roach 20
  • Options
    Root run out 17
    47-2
    *waits for StigThundercock*
    Less than an hour
  • Options
    All of a sudden at 93-3, especially with Buttler next in, we don't look in that great a position. 20/1 on the Windies winning this Test was available just prior to that wicket - halved in price now but even at 10/1 there are probably worst bets to have.
  • Options
    The beautiful thing is, literally every cricket club in the country has a Cornwall. Can’t bat, useless in the field outside of first slip, but can pick up wickets somehow off no run up. 
    Cornwall can bat. He's a decent enough 8.
  • Options
    He can also catch
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He can also catch
    That ball came at him so quickly that he never had time to get his second hand to the ball.
    Quite impressive. 
  • Options
    All of a sudden at 93-3, especially with Buttler next in, we don't look in that great a position. 20/1 on the Windies winning this Test was available just prior to that wicket - halved in price now but even at 10/1 there are probably worst bets to have.
    Burns c Cornwall b Chase 57

123-4

A draw looks odds on with the weather forecast.
  • Options
    Pope trying to run himself out , amateur hour .. 1 test match ban for stupidity 
  • Options
    Pope trying to run himself out , amateur hour .. 1 test match ban for stupidity 
    He will now be our top scorer this innings. 

You heard it here first. 
  • Options
    How does Cornwall run between the wicket when batting? Do they tie a cake to his helmet and make him chase it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no idea how he gets accuracy without use of his left arm in the bowling action but fair play to him its quite consistent.

Buttler buying himself another 3 years in the side.
  • Options
    258-4

Bad light stopped play.
  • Options
    Well done Pope and Buttler.  Good to see.
  • Options
    Good partnership, but they had easily the easiest time to bat.

Pope is such a ringer for Ian Bell, such a similar, easy on the eye style
  • Options
    258-4

Bad light stopped play.
    Light meter used & a reading taken, which will be used as the benchmark for the rest of the Test.

So, at 6.30pm on Tuesday when we are into the last 15 overs of play, and the light isn't so good will the light meter reading be relevant then. 

Answers on a postcard to the ICC. 
  • Options
    Amazingly play is starting on time.
  • Options
    Pope dropped in the slips by Cornwall, but bowled a few balls later for 91

Tough going this morning
  • Options
    Now Woakes is bowled...
  • Options
    That’s two gone this morning. Suddenly our score doesn’t look good enough to win by an innings which was probably needed given the weather.