Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    The only cretin there is that joke of an opening batsman. 85 overs to survive and he does that? Get Joshua Da Silva in immediately
  • Options
    It should be much easier for everyone to hear the nicks when there's no crowd noise!
  • Options
    And yeah I know I called Blackwood a joke and then he won the game for them, but Blackwood has done it against England before a few times and obviously has some aptitude for Test cricket. Campbell is just terrible. Terrible! A strong WI is so good for the game but they need a top-order 
  • Options
    Reckon 5 or 6 down and a shake of hands. 
  • Options
    Brathwaite lbw Woakes 12

19-2
  • Options
    23-3

Hope b Broad 7
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    By lunchtime?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This will be done by tea
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can you predict that Leeds will beat us 5-0?
  • Options
    25-3 at lunch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Indies have lost three or more wickets batting fourth at Old Trafford and clung on for the draw only once in their history: in 1955, they batted fewer than 16 overs to hold out for the draw, at 43/4, this week in 1939. 

Only India has done so more than once. 
  • Options
    decent performance by several, excellent performances by Stokes and Sibley but the Craptain in chief has still got far too many (any) fielders out.
    Either catching or on the one - anybody out of the "circle" is a total waste that's just fielding for the bad ball.  If the batsmen get streaky fours or play proper good shots that's all fine but they have to be made to find gaps to rotate the strike, make them take risks, none of them will stand being tied down, they'll crack.
  • Options
    decent performance by several, excellent performances by Stokes and Sibley but the Craptain in chief has still got far too many (any) fielders out.
    Either catching or on the one - anybody out of the "circle" is a total waste that's just fielding for the bad ball.  If the batsmen get streaky fours or play proper good shots that's all fine but they have to be made to find gaps to rotate the strike, make them take risks, none of them will stand being tied down, they'll crack.
    3 slips, a gully, and shortish leg, mid on, mid off and a sweeper either side. Its a pretty attacking field, takes some special mental gymnastics to find fault with that. 
  • Options

Welcome back sir. 
  • Options
    Has Woakes run out of Just for Men?
    You would have thought Jimmy would help him out.
  • Options
    37-4

Chase lbw Broad 6
  • Options
    I see Blackwood is back on his glorious bullshit. Game's there to be won, I guess!
  • Options
    Thundercock, wake up: Root failed to review when it was out! Albeit not one that you'd really expect anyone to notice
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for Crawley and Buttler, both under pressure for their places but forced to sacrifice themselves to get quick runs, whereas Burns and Sibley are able to "protect their averages"!
    I don’t think Crawley is under pressure yet. One good inning, one bad so far
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can you predict that Leeds will beat us 5-0?
    Please don't - just in case!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    137-5

Blackwood c Buttler b Stokes 55

Tea.
  • Options
    Completely daft to play at that one considering he'd been ducking so well, but England will take it I suppose
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Those reviews by the West Indies are an embarrassment.  I hope they don't point to poor umpiring at the end of the series.  Why waste reviews like that? 
    Trying to take time out of the game banking on it getting dark around 7:00 - 7:30 tonight.
    It's just embarrassing to try to "take time out of the game" on a day with a minimum number of overs.  
    I remember a match a few years back (saw it repeated on Sky recently) where the game was called off with just a few overs left due to bad light. I think England were batting & needed just another 30 odd runs at about 6 an over. I think it was an Ashes series.....2015 maybe? 

So bad light certainly does come into it. I know England played in near darkness to beat Pakista, but there was time wasting by the bowling side. 
  • Options
    Dowrich looks awful against any vaguely fast delivery!
  • Options
    Dowrich looks awful against any vaguely fast delivery!
    You know your cricket out lbw weakest for a duck. 143-6
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Brooks lbw Curran 62
    161-7
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How many overs we got to finish this off ?
  • Options
    29 left.
  • Options
    Chase gets 5 wickets in England's 1st innings

Bess gets just 1 in the first innings, and no wickets yet in the second innings, not great
  • Options
    Chase gets 5 wickets in England's 1st innings

Bess gets just 1 in the first innings, and no wickets yet in the second innings, not great
    True. 
    But he's only 22 and still learning.