Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    I have a sinking feeling that Novak will end up playing.
    If he does it will undermine the Australian Government after all the fuss it has made. As it is I think the whole thing has been a shambles and taken far too long. 

If a country has rules and a individual breaks them it should be clear cut, put him/her on a plane and get them out.
  • Options
    If he does it will undermine the Australian Government after all the fuss it has made. As it is I think the whole thing has been a shambles and taken far too long. 

If a country has rules and a individual breaks them it should be clear cut, put him/her on a plane and get them out.
    We'll see what the courts say - the whole thing is a farce. Novak comes across as an entitled and arrogant prick.
  • Options
    When is his appeal going to be heard?

It's the weekend there now and he's due to play on Monday isn't he?
  • Options
    Reckon if he did, there'd be protests making that lot outside his hotel look like a tea party
  • Options
    If he does then he will have 99% of Australia cheering his opponent - which would be quite ironic given his first round opponent is Croatian too
    I wouldn't call Novak Croatian!
    Of course I should have said Serbian. Although he is, on his mother's side, of Croatian descent and I believe a lot of Croatians do still see him as one of their own
  • Options

his lawyers are asking for both sides to submit their evidence tomorrow and for a judge to hear the appeal in full on Sunday.

• Options

his lawyers are asking for both sides to submit their evidence tomorrow and for a judge to hear the appeal in full on Sunday.

I very much doubt that the Courts are open on a Sunday in Australia. Would this not have to be a special dispensation for him? The Aussies don't seem too keen in treating him as an exception so, hopefully, he will be flying home on Monday instead of playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reasoned argument here - I can't imagine any appeal would be successful.

• Options
    this whole saga is taking nearly as long as a serve delivered by the ball bouncing Serb.
    feel a bit for the Russian Andrey Rublev who still doesn't know if he will be playing on monday or not. 
  • Options
    Wrong that he gets the special court hearings over the weekend. Much that I love sport, including tennis,  he's clearly heating the rules and not telling the truth and he hits a ball for living and isn't a life saving medic or scientist!
  • Options
    this is a lesson that nowadays when everything seems to be known about everyone, especially the rich and famous, it's best to tell the truth when dealing with 'the authorities'  .. I admire Djokovic for his sublime tennis ability and his grit. However, perhaps like many other VERY rich people the idea that he can do and get away with anything has got into his head .. nowadays ?. not so ..

expect a major rebellion from Australia's large Serbian origin population ((:>)
  • Options
    this whole saga is taking nearly as long as a serve delivered by the ball bouncing Serb.
    feel a bit for the Russian Andrey Rublev who still doesn't know if he will be playing on monday or not. 
    And a player who did follow all the protocols 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I very much doubt that the Courts are open on a Sunday in Australia. Would this not have to be a special dispensation for him? The Aussies don't seem too keen in treating him as an exception so, hopefully, he will be flying home on Monday instead of playing
    Well here's an update. Novak's lawyers got a special hearing tonight at 9pm....tell
    me how that's possible?

Furthermore they are getting a hearing again on Saturday and have booked a formal court hearing on Sunday.

Now tell me that Mr Normal Joe Public would be able to contest a revoked visa let alone at short notice and at 9pm on a Friday night. 

This whole scenario really stinks. Apart from his fans in the tennis world this bloke is fast becoming public enemy number one. 

Revoking his visa also means an automatic ban for three years. 

This would effectively stop him from breaking the record of grand slams 

Money talks. I really hope this prick loses. 
    There are 3 other grand slams though 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Well here's an update. Novak's lawyers got a special hearing tonight at 9pm....tell
    me how that's possible?

Furthermore they are getting a hearing again on Saturday and have booked a formal court hearing on Sunday.

Now tell me that Mr Normal Joe Public would be able to contest a revoked visa let alone at short notice and at 9pm on a Friday night. 

This whole scenario really stinks. Apart from his fans in the tennis world this bloke is fast becoming public enemy number one. 

There could be repercussions affecting the others, most likely the US
  • Options
    TEL said:
    me how that's possible?

Can I be the first to say I don't want that scummy, lying Covid-spreader in this country. I would love it if one of the repercussions was no Wimbledon for him. Can't see it happening though, money talks too loudly. 
  • Options
    we don't have the same travel restrictions as the Aussies, unless i'm mistaken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a f***ing joke all the special treatment he is being given. It's a disgrace.

Why?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    TEL said:
    me how that's possible?

Can I be the first to say I don't want that scummy, lying Covid-spreader in this country. I would love it if one of the repercussions was no Wimbledon for him. Can't see it happening though, money talks too loudly. 
    Doubt we could get away with that given we have a scummy lying Covid spreader as PM. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    TEL said:
    me how that's possible?

Agree, but surely this has got to result in some sort of punishment from the ITF ie a year long ban? 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Stig said:
    TEL said:
    me how that's possible?

Agree, but surely this has got to result in some sort of punishment from the ITF ie a year long ban? 

We've got more chance of getting outright promotion this season than that happening.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Australian Tennis trying to get the 9 times winner of the Aussie open to play is no real surprise.

Australian government trying to ban a player who has lied( who ever filled in the form) on his immigration form is no surprise.

The vast majority of people who have had the vaccines and have had Sar-Cov-2 impact their lives also dislike/hate Djokovic.

I'm into day 22 of being ill with/because of Covid and probably should slag him off but I will sit on the net as I'm heading for long Covid.

Sod it; Novak Djokovic you and your team  broke the rules and just like if you smash a ball in anger and it hits an Umpire, line judge or ball girl or boy you may be a Tennis celebrity but you are out of there.

Rules are rules and they just can't be as flexible as your body.
  • Options
    Hopefully not
    I can't see any grounds for an appeal but he's appealing - the law frequently seems to cave in to the rich and famous.
    I could well be wrong, but Oz is not the UK, it is far less deferential and class-ridden. Of course he can afford good lawyers but so can the Oz government, especially when its so high profile and with Serbia ready to declare war on them. Hawke took his time presumably to do his legal homework. 
  • Options
    Hopefully not
    I can't see any grounds for an appeal but he's appealing - the law frequently seems to cave in to the rich and famous.
    I could well be wrong, but Oz is not the UK, it is far less deferential and class-ridden. Of course he can afford good lawyers but so can the Oz government, especially when its so high profile and with Serbia ready to declare war on them. Hawke took his time presumably to do his legal homework. 

The Serbian government have significantly softened their tone over the past few days.
  • Options
    cos they is scared of the Kangaroos 
  • Options
    Hopefully not
    Hopefully he is treated appropriately.
  • Options
    Novak Djokovic will go back into detention for the weekend after his deportation was delayed <no personal chef????>

After the his visa was today axed for a second time, his last-gasp bid to avoid deportation suffered a potential setback Friday, however, when his case was transferred to the Federal Court.

He will be detained from 8am Saturday except to attend online court hearings at his solicitors' offices.

His lawyers fought back, arguing in court on Friday night that Immigration Minister Alex Hawke had cancelled Djokovic's visa on the grounds his presence in the country might excite anti-vaccination sentiment <do they still not get it?????>

The minister's decision was 'patently irrational', Djokovic's lawyer Nicholas Wood told the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, adding that they wanted the challenge to the player's visa revocation to be heard on Sunday, so that he could play in the Australian Open on Monday should the challenge be successful.

I've read the court battle won;t happen until Monday after the tournament has started <shame!>