Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    That you still believe the vaccine stopped the spread of Covid and restrictions were correctly and scientifically applied to the unvaccinated, is odd.

Djokovic tried to play in Australia by circumventing utterly daft and politicised rules. Instead of attacking the daft rules and those who tried to make populist political capital out of the situation, most people seemed to prefer to attack Djokovic. It was clear that by this stage, the political bandwagon had become far too loaded for common sense to prevail, so a perfectly fit and healthy man who posed zero threat to Australia’s public health was prevented from playing in a tennis tournament. As mentioned above, the situation amounted to a perfect encapsulation of the absurdity of the rules that prevailed at that point in time. 
    There's no vaccination for bonkers, that's for sure.
  • Options
    I’m the poster who suggested it’s possible Mason Greenwood didn’t commit rape and the evidence that came to light when the police dropped the case may explain why the prosecution ended. I provided a possible explanation without ever expressly suggesting it was the definitive reason. I stand by what I said because it’s open minded unlike those who wish to incriminate without the evidence. 

Well done with your 5G assertion and notions that anything that doesn’t align with Occam’s Razor is automatically a conspiracy. 
  • Options
    I’m the poster who suggested it’s possible Mason Greenwood didn’t commit rape and the evidence that came to light when the police dropped the case may explain why the prosecution ended. I provided a possible explanation without ever expressly suggesting it was the definitive reason. I stand by what I said because it’s open minded unlike those who wish to incriminate without the evidence. 

Well done with your 5G assertion and notions that anything that doesn’t align with Occam’s Razor is automatically a conspiracy. 
    Without any comment on the right or wrong re: covid and conspiracy theories... this is not the forum nor the thread. There's a dedicated part of the site for this stuff.
  • Options
    Djokovic for me is the greatest. 

Federer won 15 of his 20 titles by 2009 at which point he was 27 and before Djokovic really got going. 

Djokovic in his mid 30s is still smashing everyone. He's won 6 of his last 8 majors and he's now 36 years old. 

Djokovic also has a winning h2h record v both Federer and Nadal.
    Perfect summary. 
    The main problem for Djokovic is people dislike him.
    Yep I know. 
    Federer may well have been easy on the eye. 
    But this isn't gymnastics or sycranised swimming. 
    You do not win points for artistic  rhythm or whatever. 
    23 slams means he is the 🐐. 
    Until someone beats that total he shall remain so.
    Jimmy Connors is the GOAT according to this. 
    Connors only has 8 slam titles.

Singles titles aren't the measure of greatness. Connors has 109 to Novak's 94.

I wonder if Connors would swap those minor singles titles for more slam titles.....of course he would.

You're either stretching or wumming.
    No just laughing at the concept that raw data would indicate who the 'GOAT' is deemed to be in public perception. 

Maradona is lauded as one of the greatest ever without the trophies that the likes of Carvajal, Gento or Bale have. 

Same again for the likes of Muhammed Ali or Mike Tyson. In terms of stats they would be nowhere near the best (Ali would have a case) but public perception is everything. 

Djokovic came through just after the peaks of both Federer and Nadal, and tennis interest/popularity has waned since he's led the sport. He will not be considered the 'GOAT' by the public in 20 years time, not even close. More people, even right now, would list Federer as the greatest player ever than Djokovic. 
  • Options

Federer won 15 of his 20 titles by 2009 at which point he was 27 and before Djokovic really got going. 

Djokovic in his mid 30s is still smashing everyone. He's won 6 of his last 8 majors and he's now 36 years old. 

Perfect summary. 
    Yep I know. 

I wonder if Connors would swap those minor singles titles for more slam titles.....of course he would.

No just laughing at the concept that raw data would indicate who the 'GOAT' is deemed to be in public perception. 

Maradona is lauded as one of the greatest ever without the trophies that the likes of Carvajal, Gento or Bale have. 

Same again for the likes of Muhammed Ali or Mike Tyson. In terms of stats they would be nowhere near the best (Ali would have a case) but public perception is everything. 

Djokovic came through just after the peaks of both Federer and Nadal, and tennis interest/popularity has waned since he's led the sport. He will not be considered the 'GOAT' by the public in 20 years time, not even close. More people, even right now, would list Federer as the greatest player ever than Djokovic. 
    Rubbish 
  • Options

Perfect summary. 
    Yep I know. 

https://www.givemesport.com/who-is-the-greatest-male-tennis-player-ever-djokovic-nadal-or-federer/#:~:text=The stats behind the tennis GOAT debate&text=There are 30 categories, with,four and Nadal only two.

One other thing that is worth noting, is that as well as being the only man to win all 4 majors at least 3 times, Djokovic is also the only man to win each of the Masters 1000 events twice.