Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    He’ll appeal again of course
    Making himself look more of a knob. 
    Indeed but his ego knows no bounds it would seem?
    He will just portray himself as a victim. Any 'lies' or 'misunderstandings' will just be ignored.

• Options
    Making himself look more of a knob. 
    Indeed but his ego knows no bounds it would seem?
    He will just portray himself as a victim. Any 'lies' or 'misunderstandings' will just be ignored.

He should marry Katie Price
  • Options
    I’m surprised The Australian open isn’t trying to do the right thing, in fact Tennis Australia seem to have made a pigs ear of the whole thing
  • Options
    How long is the appeals process though?  Only needs to last a few days and then he's missed it anyway.
  • Options
    How long is the appeals process though?  Only needs to last a few days and then he's missed it anyway.
    Could get interesting if the tournament keep him in during the process 
  • Options
    Are there any grounds to appeal. It’s in the gift of the minister isn’t it. I’m sure they’ve copper bottomed this decision.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Are there any grounds to appeal. It’s in the gift of the minister isn’t it. I’m sure they’ve copper bottomed this decision.
    Unless they can dispute the way procedure has been followed. He appears to have lied on his application and mixed with people when he should have been isolating.

Whatever happens he looks bad...
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    This should not be a decision that can be appealed. Can a normal person intending to only stay a couple of weeks there, get offered the chance to appeal? They don't even get out the airport ffs
    Exactly! 

Suspect the delay was to make sure it was watertight, but I don’t think anyone has come out of this very well
  • Options
    I wonder if that's  why they left it until today?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    This should not be a decision that can be appealed. Can a normal person intending to only stay a couple of weeks there, get offered the chance to appeal? They don't even get out the airport ffs
    They wouldn't have super duper lawyers
  • Options
    I admire the Australian Government for showing a bit of backbone. They have been totally consistent throughout the pandemic. To get into Australia my son (and the other 25 lads) had to prove that he had been double jabbed and spent 15 nights in a single occupancy hotel room without seeing another human being for the duration. Not one of them complained about having to do so and just got on with it. And their Mums didn't complain to the press that this was inhumane! 

Djokovic would have had it much easier by comparison. But his arrogance led him to believe that he was above the Law. A bit like some politicians in this country - those very same politicians would have waived Djokovic through if it meant a trade deal with Croatia or even just a freebee holiday out there!
    To allow it would have been a kick in the bollocks to others.

Daniel Ricciardo (F1 driver) hadn't been back to Australia to see his family in something like 2-years because of all the restrictions imposed on entry there - He finally went back this winter, yet seem to remember him saying about having to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks when he did so.
  • Options

However, the 34-year-old Serbian can still launch another legal challenge to remain in Australia.

Djokovic will meet immigration officials in Melbourne on Saturday morning, and will be allowed to stay in his current accommodation on Friday night - some Australian media had speculated that he may be moved to an immigration detention hotel.

Such a relief he can stay in his own accommodation with his personal chef etc!!!!
  • Options
    Showing exactly the same contempt towards the authorities, the rules and what is generally right and proper, as a drugs cheat would. Hang on a minute....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is all written for an Andy Murray fairy-tale win 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:

I agree and the minister's decision should be final, which may well be the case. However that will not stop him seeking an injunction pending an appeal which would allow him to stay until any appeal hearing is held.
    Whatever happens, Djokovic's legacy has been tarnished by this and although he does appear not to give a shit on most things, that will hurt him.
    Yeah totally understand that Bob, but don't see why there's got to be injunctions and appeals for every decision these days, if you've got the dough to pay for it. In this case, there was no chance to appeal for the people who missed their last goodbyes to loved ones over the last 2 years
  • Options
    iainment said:

I would have thought as with any appeal he needs to provide some new justification or reasons. Can't see it happening.

• Options
    iainment said:

I would have thought as with any appeal he needs to provide some new justification or reasons. Can't see it happening.

It was his twin brother given out awards
  • Options
    iainment said:

My concern is (like the rich and famous) he has good (expensive) lawyers that mange to find loop holes
  • Options
    I have a sinking feeling that Novak will end up playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hopefully not - that will just make him worse and him and his outrageous family think he is above the rules
  • Options
    Hopefully not
    I can't see any grounds for an appeal but he's appealing - the law frequently seems to cave in to the rich and famous.
  • Options
    If he does then he will have 99% of Australia cheering his opponent - which would be quite ironic given his first round opponent is Croatian too