Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    Novak Djokovic will go back into detention for the weekend after his deportation was delayed <no personal chef????>

After the his visa was today axed for a second time, his last-gasp bid to avoid deportation suffered a potential setback Friday, however, when his case was transferred to the Federal Court.

He will be detained from 8am Saturday except to attend online court hearings at his solicitors' offices.

His lawyers fought back, arguing in court on Friday night that Immigration Minister Alex Hawke had cancelled Djokovic's visa on the grounds his presence in the country might excite anti-vaccination sentiment <do they still not get it?????>

The minister's decision was 'patently irrational', Djokovic's lawyer Nicholas Wood told the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, adding that they wanted the challenge to the player's visa revocation to be heard on Sunday, so that he could play in the Australian Open on Monday should the challenge be successful.

I've read the court battle won;t happen until Monday after the tournament has started <shame!>
    Sure they do.  Don't get to decide a court timetable just because they prefer the date though, do they?
  • Options
    Novak Djokovic will go back into detention for the weekend after his deportation was delayed <no personal chef????>

After the his visa was today axed for a second time, his last-gasp bid to avoid deportation suffered a potential setback Friday, however, when his case was transferred to the Federal Court.

He will be detained from 8am Saturday except to attend online court hearings at his solicitors' offices.

His lawyers fought back, arguing in court on Friday night that Immigration Minister Alex Hawke had cancelled Djokovic's visa on the grounds his presence in the country might excite anti-vaccination sentiment <do they still not get it?????>

The minister's decision was 'patently irrational', Djokovic's lawyer Nicholas Wood told the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, adding that they wanted the challenge to the player's visa revocation to be heard on Sunday, so that he could play in the Australian Open on Monday should the challenge be successful.

I've read the court battle won;t happen until Monday after the tournament has started <shame!>
    Sure they do.  Don't get to decide a court timetable just because they prefer the date though, do they?
    They just don't get it. Even his rabid supportes can"t accept it. They bang on about him being treated differently and cite Nadal, who has been vaccinated, so it isn't the same! They just don't accept rhat he has lied etc and say he's being singled out. He singled himself out by being disrepe tful, arrogant and selfish. Has lost respect within the tennis community 
  • Options

I know lawyers obviously have to argue something, but the decision is really anything but irrational.

I don't think there's many people out there who would argue it wasn't the perfectly logical decision.
  • Options

I know lawyers obviously have to argue something, but the decision is really anything but irrational.

I don't think there's many people out there who would argue it wasn't the perfectly logical decision.
    His supporters, including his family are some of the most illogical and irrational people and that includes CL....well most of CL!
  • Options
    I'll tell you what, if the rich and famous can get away with all this shit, the next email I get from the King of Nigeria offfering me $86m, I'm going to take him up on it.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    You watch them programs about the Aussie border people and they're refusing entree to people on a daily basis, purely on the say-so of their line manager at the airport. Those people obviously don't get an appeal. I know Djokovic is claiming that he was told he had some sort of exemption but that's got to be at the Aussie authorities discretion and should be up for review whenever they feel.

Just fuck him off out of it

I believe they have - no way he wins any appeal.
  • Options
    The guys an absolute fucking plank.  A multi-millionaire living in Monaco obviously doesn't need the money from the tournament.  Why didn't he just man up and leave quietly. He could have gone back next year when the dust had settled.
    Prize C*nt IMO.

• Options
    The guys an absolute fucking plank.  A multi-millionaire living in Monaco obviously doesn't need the money from the tournament.  Why didn't he just man up and leave quietly. He could have gone back next year when the dust had settled.
    Prize C*nt IMO.

Don't you realise him playing tennis and potentially getting a record number of grand slams is more important than any rules or laws?! He's so important, he can do exactly what he wants!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    You watch them programs about the Aussie border people and they're refusing entree to people on a daily basis, purely on the say-so of their line manager at the airport. Those people obviously don't get an appeal. I know Djokovic is claiming that he was told he had some sort of exemption but that's got to be at the Aussie authorities discretion and should be up for review whenever they feel.

Would you put money on him not staying for or being allowed to play the open?

Im not offering a book just asking 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:

Depends on if he stamps his feet enough
  • Options

I've witnessed a few barristers at work and believe me they can successfully argue that black is white.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:

If I was a gambling man I would wager he’ll be on the plane back to Monaco on Sunday or Monday.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:

If I was a gambling man I would wager he’ll be on the plane back to Monaco on Sunday or Monday.
    Flippin hope so
  • Options
    Nothing new to add but I've always loathed Djokovic and now he's really shown his true colours... arrogant shit of the highest order. Hope this experience messes with his head just as he has used gamesmanship to mess with opponents. 
  • Options
    It's a f***ing joke all the special treatment he is being given. It's a disgrace.

Why?
    Because he’s rich and successful. Surely that’s obvious?
  • Options
    Appeal hearing set for 9.30 on Sunday. I bet Joe Public doesn't get the court doors open at the weekend!
  • Options
    Three year ban from Australia if he loses the appeal. Fingers crossed 🤞.
  • Options
    TEL said:

There are 3 other grand slams though 
    9 of the 20 Grand Slams he has won were here in Australia. 10 would give him the record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing new to add but I've always loathed Djokovic and now he's really shown his true colours... arrogant shit of the highest order. Hope this experience messes with his head just as he has used gamesmanship to mess with opponents. 
    Actually his character (before this debacle) was nearly as perfect as his tennis playing. A man of sincere faith, set up schools for the poor with his wife and he seems to have a zillion really good testimonies. And unlike the fake charity types he doesn't make a noise about the good he does for others. 

It looks as though he is history and will be on the first flight out of Australia. 

While this might satisfy angry Vax types and bigots who hate Serbs (there are many)  I can't help thinking that the tournament will be so much less without the best player in the world participating. Whoever wins it will always know in his heart of hearts "I didn't beat the best tennis player in the world to get this trophy". 

I fully get the argument that rules are rules and everyone must abide by them. But I wonder whether we are all 100% consistent with this. Djokovic isn't "just another passenger on a plane flying to Australia". He's the best tennis player on the planet. The planet therefore wants to see the best player playing. I wonder if views would shift if England were playing Brazil in the World Cup final in Qatar and there was some issue with Harry Kane's "papers". Would we join the mob demanding Kane be sent packing (because everyone else in his situation would because of the "rules" or otherwise ...
    What are ‘vax types’?
  • Options
    Actually his character (before this debacle) was nearly as perfect as his tennis playing. A man of sincere faith, set up schools for the poor with his wife and he seems to have a zillion really good testimonies. And unlike the fake charity types he doesn't make a noise about the good he does for others. 

It looks as though he is history and will be on the first flight out of Australia. 

While this might satisfy angry Vax types and bigots who hate Serbs (there are many)  I can't help thinking that the tournament will be so much less without the best player in the world participating. Whoever wins it will always know in his heart of hearts "I didn't beat the best tennis player in the world to get this trophy". 

I fully get the argument that rules are rules and everyone must abide by them. But I wonder whether we are all 100% consistent with this. Djokovic isn't "just another passenger on a plane flying to Australia". He's the best tennis player on the planet. The planet therefore wants to see the best player playing. I wonder if views would shift if England were playing Brazil in the World Cup final in Qatar and there was some issue with Harry Kane's "papers". Would we join the mob demanding Kane be sent packing (because everyone else in his situation would because of the "rules" or otherwise ...
    How extraordinary!
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Oh drop it out mate ffs!

Are you insinuating Kane is world class???
  • Options
    I am confused.

1) He was refused entry.
    2) He appealed in court and got it overturned.
    3) The government overruled that using their power and threw him out.

Surely that’s it. How can he overule the government of the country he is trying to get into?

Surely that should be that.

If he wins the appeal, can the government just overule it again and throw him out?

Can the tournament organisers throw him out?
  • Options
    I am confused.

1) He was refused entry.
    2) He appealed in court and got it overturned.
    3) The government overruled that using their power and threw him out.

Surely that’s it. How can he overule the government of the country he is trying to get into?

Surely that should be that.

If he wins the appeal, can the government just overule it again and throw him out?

Can the tournament organisers throw him out?
    Ot seems their government have an alternative option to refuse his via if he wins this appeal. He only won the previous appeal on a procedural issue (only given 20 minutes in the middle of the night)  and not the merits of his case, anyway