Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Talal said:
    I wonder what it will take to end all this debate and void the season, the death of a premier league player? Feels like they won't stop trying until something like that happens. 
    You’d think the deaths of 35,000 plus citizens might be enough, but clearly it would seem not..
    You and I would like to think so. Even if we were in the top two  uboat !

• Options
    Talal said:
    I wonder what it will take to end all this debate and void the season, the death of a premier league player? Feels like they won't stop trying until something like that happens. 
    You’d think the deaths of 35,000 plus citizens might be enough, but clearly it would seem not..
    Not sure whether the total death toll is that relevant, it's more the current rate of infection and whether it's low enough to restart an activity that involves a lot of contact. After all football will come back at SOME stage, irrespective of how many people die

As a group of people PL footballers being super fit young men are a low risk of being seriously affected by COVID (other than one or two who may have conditions like asthma) but the same cannot be said about some of the coaches and support staff, who in the main will be older and much less fit, especially the likes of kitmen and physios.
  • Options
    Lampard reckons chelsea’s macthday staff required would be 70! 
  • Options
    Also, all this moaning from some clubs who are concerned about playing at neutral grounds and losing home advantage- isn’t it the presence of significantly higher numbers of home fans compared to those from the away team that gives the advantage - and there’s not going to be any fans at these games under Project Restart.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I never knew it was so possible to love the sport like I do, but absolutely hate it, both at the very same time.

I love our club, I love the technical, tactical, psychological, and physical side of the game, I love the analysis, I love the social aspect, I love the feeling and emotional rollercoaster that it provides, I love the pre-match build up, I even love that it either makes or breaks my weekend, I love the home and the away days, the entertainment. All of that stuff and more.

But I absolute hate the money, the self centred, self obsessed, entitled people, views, and clubs in the game. I hate the constant 24/7 soap opera and regurgitation of the same information over and over again. I hate that people in power in the game seem to think it’s absolutely fine to put money and getting football restarted before someone else’s health or their life. Footballers are human beings, but they’re treated as if they’re some kind of robot who must do as the powers that be say or else. I hate the media spin and the blackmailing that happens all the time. I hate that they can’t see what this project restart or the suggestions of PPG to finish the season does to the vast majority.

I honestly don’t believe there is an appetite for a return right now. People don’t want it, players don’t want it, a lot of clubs don’t want it. Of course, clubs need to survive, but rather than trying so hard to sort out a return, why can’t the people in power in our game put all their efforts into ensuring the safety and survival of football clubs and their players and staff. For once, show humility and do the decent thing. Make the beautiful game beautiful again, because everything about it right now is ugly.
    You know what @sage I think you're wasted on Bromley Addicks chair shifting, important though that is.

Brilliant statement.
    Thanks HI. Every now and then I just about live up to my name. 

Can undertake other duties at the next Bromley Addicks meeting once things enable it to go ahead!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    I never knew it was so possible to love the sport like I do, but absolutely hate it, both at the very same time.

I love our club, I love the technical, tactical, psychological, and physical side of the game, I love the analysis, I love the social aspect, I love the feeling and emotional rollercoaster that it provides, I love the pre-match build up, I even love that it either makes or breaks my weekend, I love the home and the away days, the entertainment. All of that stuff and more.

But I absolute hate the money, the self centred, self obsessed, entitled people, views, and clubs in the game. I hate the constant 24/7 soap opera and regurgitation of the same information over and over again. I hate that people in power in the game seem to think it’s absolutely fine to put money and getting football restarted before someone else’s health or their life. Footballers are human beings, but they’re treated as if they’re some kind of robot who must do as the powers that be say or else. I hate the media spin and the blackmailing that happens all the time. I hate that they can’t see what this project restart or the suggestions of PPG to finish the season does to the vast majority.

I honestly don’t believe there is an appetite for a return right now. People don’t want it, players don’t want it, a lot of clubs don’t want it. Of course, clubs need to survive, but rather than trying so hard to sort out a return, why can’t the people in power in our game put all their efforts into ensuring the safety and survival of football clubs and their players and staff. For once, show humility and do the decent thing. Make the beautiful game beautiful again, because everything about it right now is ugly.
    You know what @sage I think you're wasted on Bromley Addicks chair shifting, important though that is.

Brilliant statement.
    Thanks HI. Every now and then I just about live up to my name. 

Can undertake other duties at the next Bromley Addicks meeting once things enable it to go ahead!
    Tables? 🤔

Or you can join the committee
  • Options
    What with BoJo telling us lockdown won't end til July at the very earliest, and even then with the strictest of measures in place, I can't see how or why professional football players will be exempt from those rules, so no the season will not end, and now it will be a case of how they decide to classify the league tables
  • Options
    Just put all the footballers in the same household, then it'll be ok. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    What with BoJo telling us lockdown won't end til July at the very earliest, and even then with the strictest of measures in place, I can't see how or why professional football players will be exempt from those rules, so no the season will not end, and now it will be a case of how they decide to classify the league tables
    He did just say that if you can't work from home then you should go back to work tomorrow. Social distancing being observed of course.

I would have thought that seeing as Germany has just seen its second day of  rises in the number if reported infections then the Bundesliga's ill judged re-start is kyboshed there & then. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Lee Bower has stated that CAFC would not be able to afford twice weekly testing.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Lee Bower has stated that CAFC would not be able to afford twice weekly testing.
    Not the only club... Was reading a good interview with Paul Warne (Rotherham Manager) on the Athletic yesterday

He was saying that costs of £1,400 p/w for these kits would wrack up a huge bill for a lot of clubs
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Not the only club... Was reading a good interview with Paul Warne (Rotherham Manager) on the Athletic yesterday

He was saying that costs of £1,400 p/w for these kits would wrack up a huge bill for a lot of clubs
    Yeah, I reckon it would be £1,400 per week. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

A lot of money, but to put it in perspective the same weekly cost as the wages for one junior footballer
  • Options
    Don’t see how it can. Players are already failing the covid tests. 3 from Brighton confirmed.
  • Options
    If games are held at behind closed doors, at first i thought how on earth would you need 70 matchday staff.

But thinking about it, you have coaching staff, club officials, kit man, groundsman, medical staff, stewards dotted around the ground to retrieve balls going into the crowd, security staff to keep fans out of the ground, it will all add up.

Not just 22 men kicking a ball about.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Don’t see how it can. Players are already failing the covid tests. 3 from Brighton confirmed.
    And that’s before the season restarts.

What happens when we’re 2 or 3 games in and someone tests positive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If games are held at behind closed doors, at first i thought how on earth would you need 70 matchday staff.

But thinking about it, you have coaching staff, club officials, kit man, groundsman, medical staff, stewards dotted around the ground to retrieve balls going into the crowd, security staff to keep fans out of the ground, it will all add up.

Not just 22 men kicking a ball about.
    It would be quite funny to see million pound players arguing about who's going to get the ball back after that wally from the other side kicked it right up the back of the stand for the tenth time!
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/ToddCantwell_10/status/1259449711758458880

The replies to this tweet show how brain dead some football fans are. No care given for the health of the players, just run around for our entertainment.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    https://twitter.com/ToddCantwell_10/status/1259449711758458880

The replies to this tweet show how brain dead some football fans are. No care given for the health of the players, just run around for our entertainment.
    Yeah does my nut in, especially when people think their high wages are a reason why they should just put their health at risk

People should remember that players would never be on such high wages IF clubs said no to paying those amounts
  • Options
    Nathan Muller made a good point on twitter yesterday

After the amount of games played so far last season; Aston Villa were in 10th - They finished 5th and got promoted via. the Play-Offs

Same with Charlton, we were outside of the top three for all but one weekend last season...

To say its only relegation that should be scrapped is ridiculous

The Football League after all is notorious for last minute changes to League positions (from the top to the bottom), its what its bloody famous for

Placings shouldnt never be decided on results achieved so far but after all games have been played
    Hear hear. Bloody well said

Remember Jimmy Glass. 
  • Options
    Must admit i have not read this whole thread but surely the best way to end this if they insist on promotion and relegation as per normal is to do this on the basis of league positions over the season. To drop into that space in the last game played would be very odd, especially when the likes of Boro Wigan and Stoke spent so long down there.

Who knows how the league would of ended, if not this just void it and start again next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    top level sport to start from 1st June behind closed doors