Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

1686970717274»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

It's going to a very different Hull side to the one we expected to play on the 14th March.

They've lost their best 2 players who were so influential in nicking a point in the 2-2 draw at The Valley - but I would take nothing for granted. They're on their own patch and won't just roll over.

Remember, it's like the start of a new season. The old form book goes out of the window.

COYR!

Well that Hull side has just got very different

Eric Lichaj | Jackson Irvine | Stephen Kingsley and surprise surprise: Marcus Maddison have refused to play any remaining games

Mallik Wilks on the other hand will only play in the first two games, understandably its Barnsley who have been reluctant to extend that deal
    So now Hull have signed him on a permanent deal, considering he was already on loan there is he able to play the rest of the season lol.

Or does he finish the season with Barnsley not playing then move to hull afterwards  obviously if he wasn't on loan at Hull then the transfer would go through after the season ends, just wondered if that changes as technically he is at Hull now
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Just read their website he is eligible the play against Boro tonight
  • Options
    If he does that's a win for Boro ;)
  • Options
    Interesting that the Scottish PL resumes on the 1st August behind closed doors, as they've taken the alternative approach to England in cancelling 2019/20 and going straight into 2020/21 as per its normal start date
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If he does that's a win for Boro ;)
    Holy shit, this is maybe the best jinx I've ever seen on this website
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Five subs is a permanent introduction!!... Just hope the water breaks arent here to stay!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12029107/five-substitutes-to-be-allowed-next-season-ifab-announces

Although the IFAB introducing rules and English Football using them can often be two different things though
  • Options
    Oh FFS. I understand why it was introduced for this period, but I'm really not keen.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oh FFS. I understand why it was introduced for this period, but I'm really not keen.
    Yep, just imagine the time wasting that will go on now you can use 5 subs. Games will reach 90 mins & managers will start putting on sub after sub. 5pm finishes will be the norm......ours will finish at 5.05pm. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Yep, just imagine the time wasting that will go on now you can use 5 subs. Games will reach 90 mins & managers will start putting on sub after sub. 5pm finishes will be the norm......ours will finish at 5.05pm. 
    But can still only make three stoppages... 
  • Options
    And so the gulf between the different divisions gets wider and wider
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Five subs is a permanent introduction!!... Just hope the water breaks arent here to stay!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12029107/five-substitutes-to-be-allowed-next-season-ifab-announces

Although the IFAB introducing rules and English Football using them can often be two different things though
    I'm sure the water breaks will be here to stay, and I'm sure we'll see them accompanied by some sort of sponsors message whilst they're going on.
  • Options
    MattF said:

I'm sure the water breaks will be here to stay, and I'm sure we'll see them accompanied by some sort of sponsors message whilst they're going on.
    Bet HT will be increased too with some big entertainment show being added
  • Options
    MattF said:

Might distract from managers using the time to share tactics...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Not really, they have to be completed across 3 stoppages per team.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    You could make actual tactical changes at half time which would allow you to save all 3 for time wasting in the last few minutes though.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    You could make actual tactical changes at half time which would allow you to save all 3 for time wasting in the last few minutes though.
    Don't let Bowyer hear you say that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Not sure if you can do that?

Current rules on subs having to be made across 3 occasions remains I thought.
  • Options
    A rule change which benefits the bigger, richer clubs. Imagine my surprise. 
  • Options
    Still on 3 sub breaks allowed though, which can catch you out

For example Man U had only made 4 subs when Brandon Williams was injured, but couldn't make a 5th sub as they'd used all the sub breaks allowed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still on 3 sub breaks allowed though, which can catch you out

For example Man U had only made 4 subs when Brandon Williams was injured, but couldn't make a 5th sub as they'd used all the sub breaks allowed
    Which in itself is stupid because there's surely already been a 'break' in the game to allow the injured guy to get treatment and then go off. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Do not need that, we have Dillon
  • Options
    5 is too many in normal times.
  • Options
    While approved by IFAB it’ll be up to the individual leagues to decide if they want it in place next season or not.
  • Options
    I can sort of understand if it’s for next season only. If it’s a permanent change I’m not a fan.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:

But the current rule is that subs made at HT dont count as one of the 3 occasions as its not breaking up the game
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:

But the current rule is that subs made at HT dont count as one of the 3 occasions as its not breaking up the game
    Weird. But fair enough.
  • Options
    It's nearly all over, I'm personally surprised it has got this far so soon, don't like the 5 subs or drinks breaks though understandable when hot, don't think the coaches should enter the pitch especially with a tactics board, and boy is it going to be difficult to get the results we need, such a shame fans can't travel, but despite all that COYR's. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Weird. But fair enough.
    which was my exact comment on the @paulie8290 highlights thread !

Sorry Paulie - couldn't resist