Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the season going to finish? (ed. Pg.53 - 3 players not returned to training)

Comments

• Options
    I was also going by a report on TV. I agree that starting on 1st June does not give enough time for training to be completed but you can bet that The Premier League will pressurise clubs to re-start ASAP.
  • Options
    I'm right in thinking that no training can take place until June 1st though?  At least no training with anyone else aside from 1 of each players mum or dad as long as they stand 2m apart.

So it'll be July until things get going?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Not a surprise that all football will be played behind closed doors until an effective vaccine is available. That could easily be at least a year away.
  • Options
    Not a surprise that all football will be played behind closed doors until an effective vaccine is available. That could easily be at least a year away.
    How do 90% of football clubs survive without ticket money ? 
  • Options
    I originally was of the mind to scrap this season and start next season as near to normally as you can. 

Then I though you might as well finish this season and potentially not have next season. 

Now I think that you probably will never have the same set up again.  I wouldn't be supprised in the slightest, if this isn't the end of the EFL, or the concept of 92, as we know it. I don't think enough clubs will now be able to restart. 
  • Options
    Possible bread and circuses from June 1st according to the plan. 

Permitting cultural and sporting events to take place behind closed-doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    They won’t. Clubs will have to beg players to take wage deductions to keep them from going bust. Clubs will need to go into hibernation for a long period of time and try to keep costs to a minimum.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    They won’t. Clubs will have to beg players to take wage deductions to keep them from going bust. Clubs will need to go into hibernation for a long period of time and try to keep costs to a minimum.  

Whilst being asked to pay for these COVID testing kits...
  • Options
    top level sport to start from 1st June behind closed doors

Bit misleading

It actually says, it could restart by 1st June at the earliest 
    This. I read it as June 1st being the earliest that Professional sport could start. That's all Professional sport & I think it was looking at Athletics specifically. 

Funny that Boris has just said that the ideal mode of transport to get the work is by car, where over the past 20 years Governments of all persuasions have been hammering car drivers out of their cars & onto public transport. So, if staying solo is now SO important I can't see how allowing 25 men on a football pitch at the same time is going to be allowed.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Don’t see how it can. Players are already failing the covid tests. 3 from Brighton confirmed.
    And that’s before the season restarts.

What happens when we’re 2 or 3 games in and someone tests positive?
    That’s what I was asking when this issue was raised. Presumably his whole team (or even squad) would have to self isolate, as would anyone teams that had come into contact with him. 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Seems the FA have told the Premier League that there is no chance of null & void being an option

Instead the season must be decided on Sporting Merit

Looks like we're playing League One Football next year then
  • Options
    I was also going by a report on TV. I agree that starting on 1st June does not give enough time for training to be completed but you can bet that The Premier League will pressurise clubs to re-start ASAP.
    You could squeeze 9 games in 1 month. But that is supposing no more infections and delays. That is fanciful.
  • Options
    Seems the FA have told the Premier League that there is no chance of null & void being an option

If that is the case I can see a lot of court cases looming. Obviously not by us because we are skint, but you cant relegate a team because when the music stops they are in the bottom 3. Still 9 games to go. Anything could happen. 
    Trouble is I can see the FA only caring about the completion of the Premier League

The way its getting tighter and tigher to complete before 30th June I see all three EFL Leagues being forced to decide alternative ways to complete the season (without games being played)
  • Options

If that is the case I can see a lot of court cases looming. Obviously not by us because we are skint, but you cant relegate a team because when the music stops they are in the bottom 3. Still 9 games to go. Anything could happen. 
    Particularly when it was the first time we hit the bottom three. 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    What would the FA's response be if the virus was transmitted between teams/support staff at an early behind closed doors match. Would they still stick to their mantra that the season must be finished? Will they continue to rule out voiding the season and stick to ruling out no relegation options?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All seems PL focused, not much news on plans for the EFL
  • Options
    All seems PL focused, not much news on plans for the EFL
    Of course... EFL isnt important compared to the Premier League - Every true Football fan knows that
  • Options

If it's decided on sporting merit, then the season will have to resume and be completed. Ditto the EFL

• Options

If it's decided on sporting merit, then the season will have to resume and be completed. Ditto the EFL

Be surprised if their version of sporting merit isnt a formula based on games played so far 
  • Options
    From the premier league website - the bit in bold is my own. 

The Football Association (The FA) is the national governing body for football in England and is responsible for sanctioning competition Rule Books, including the Premier League’s, and regulating on-field matters. 

It also organises The FA Cup competition, in which our 20 Member Clubs compete.

The FA is also a special shareholder of the Premier League. It has the ability to exercise a vote on certain specific issues, but has no role in the day-to-day running of the Premier League.

Each year, the Premier League submits its rules to The FA for approval and sanction. 

For the Premier League, The FA ensures that throughout the season the Laws of the Game are applied on the field and that the rules and regulations concerned with running football in England are observed by officials, club and players off the pitch as well as on it. 

The FA also deals with all matters of on and off-field discipline.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    From the premier league website - the bit in bold is my own. 

The Football Association (The FA) is the national governing body for football in England and is responsible for sanctioning competition Rule Books, including the Premier League’s, and regulating on-field matters. 

It also organises The FA Cup competition, in which our 20 Member Clubs compete.

The FA is also a special shareholder of the Premier League. It has the ability to exercise a vote on certain specific issues, but has no role in the day-to-day running of the Premier League.

Each year, the Premier League submits its rules to The FA for approval and sanction. 

For the Premier League, The FA ensures that throughout the season the Laws of the Game are applied on the field and that the rules and regulations concerned with running football in England are observed by officials, club and players off the pitch as well as on it. 

The FA also deals with all matters of on and off-field discipline.

Wonder if they've realised those rules dont include a season being defined by a formula or whether that penny hasn't dropped yet 
  • Options
    A player from FC Minsk has confirmed Coronavirus, a league that has been playing still.

Surely all his team mates now need to be checked plus the last 2 teams they have played will need to be checked

Could be an end to the league in Belarus for a while if anyone else has it and if they do it should show Germany and England that its  not safe to restart our leagues
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Belarus didn’t cancel their league in the first place so I don’t doubt that they will carry on regardless. Their leader said months ago they wouldn’t cancel, they would get through it with their saunas and vodka.