Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watched Super8?

Heard it had very Stranger Things vibes (a few years earlier).
    Good movie. Stranger Things was clearly influenced, if not inspired, by it.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:
    I know it’s akin to finding out about the Titanic, but finally watching Stranger Things, how did I miss this

The theme tune itself is epic.

Finding out the other week that Lily Allen got married to David Harbour blew my mind at its randomness.
    The young girl who plays the psychic is going to be a massive star. Millie Bobby Brown. 
    She already is! 
    No really massive is what I meant. 
  • Options
    I enjoyed OA very much
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rothko said:
    I know it’s akin to finding out about the Titanic, but finally watching Stranger Things, how did I miss this

Finding out the other week that Lily Allen got married to David Harbour blew my mind at its randomness.
    The young girl who plays the psychic is going to be a massive star. Millie Bobby Brown. 
    She already is! 
    No really massive is what I meant. 
    She already is.
  • Options
    Anyone watched Super8?

Heard it had very Stranger Things vibes (a few years earlier).
    Good movie. Stranger Things was clearly influenced, if not inspired, by it.
    No doubt at all
  • Options
    Rothko said:

We watched Enola Holmes (Starring Millie Bobby Brown) with my 12 yr old daughter this week. Nice movie to watch as a family, not a bad plot. Nothing outstanding, but pretty good.
    What really stood out to me was the presence that MBB has on screen. She’s an absolute natural. We also noticed she was a producer too. Considering she’s only 16, I’d say she’s got some future ahead of her.
  • Options
    I enjoyed OA very much
    I stopped watching it after I heard it was cancelled. Does it wrap it up or does it finish with the expectation of another season?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

We watched Enola Holmes (Starring Millie Bobby Brown) with my 12 yr old daughter this week. Nice movie to watch as a family, not a bad plot. Nothing outstanding, but pretty good.
    What really stood out to me was the presence that MBB has on screen. She’s an absolute natural. We also noticed she was a producer too. Considering she’s only 16, I’d say she’s got some future ahead of her.
    Easy to watch film, I enjoyed it. 

She definitely has a great future. 
  • Options
    O A?
  • Options
    My memory of Stranger Things is first 2 seasons good, 3rd season pants
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, I enjoyed the first two but the third just didn’t hack it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    O A?
    Onward Addicks 
  • Options
    Trial of the Chicago 7 was very good, really enjoyed it
  • Options
    Watched Uncut Gems on Netflix last night, was very impressed. Not usually a fan of Adam Sandler, but he puts in a quality performance in this film. 
    I really didn't like it, felt like constant shouting kind of got on my nerves a bit. I am usually an Adam Sandler fan lol how funny

He has a new one about Halloween, not sure about that one yet anyone seen it? 
    Same here, we watched 15 minutes and got fed up with the constant shouting, gangsta talk and american accents so we binned it.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Insane talent. Making $350k an episode at 16! 

Will no doubt be the highest earning movie star in a few years too.
  • Options
    Watched Uncut Gems on Netflix last night, was very impressed. Not usually a fan of Adam Sandler, but he puts in a quality performance in this film. 
    I really didn't like it, felt like constant shouting kind of got on my nerves a bit. I am usually an Adam Sandler fan lol how funny

Same here, we watched 15 minutes and got fed up with the constant shouting, gangsta talk and american accents so we binned it.
    I'm a massive Adam Sandler fan, Happy Gilmore, the longest yard, Little Nicky, The Wedding Singer all make me laugh and I completely understand why they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

He has a lot more in his locker in terms of acting ability 

We watched Hubie Halloween yesterday and I found it amusing, my wife didn't but she isn't a fan of him. Its silly, really silly but has all the usual suspects that are in his movies, nothing groundbreaking but at least one belly laugh and a lot of giggles 
  • Options
    Carter said:

I'm a massive Adam Sandler fan, Happy Gilmore, the longest yard, Little Nicky, The Wedding Singer all make me laugh and I completely understand why they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

We watched Hubie Halloween yesterday and I found it amusing, my wife didn't but she isn't a fan of him. Its silly, really silly but has all the usual suspects that are in his movies, nothing groundbreaking but at least one belly laugh and a lot of giggles 
    100%, I am an Adam Sandler fan but found Uncut Gems un-watchable.
  • Options
    Yeah I can understand why too, I probably stuck the first 30 minutes out because I am a fan of Adam Sandler and the Safdi brothers, I embraced the chaotic dialogue and enjoyed the film more for it. 

Funny people is a good film with him playing straighter than usual 
  • Options
    Carter said:

100%, I am an Adam Sandler fan but found Uncut Gems un-watchable.
    We turned that off about 15 minutes in an all

Were the "ad - libbing" in a lot of it?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Been re-watching "Life on Mars" on Netflix. Then suddenly - it's not there. Thank heavens for VPN and BBC iPlayer, at least they tell you when a series is being withdrawn from broadcasting.

Also watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix last night. Fuck me that's a miserable film. We have real life if we want shit things to happen, Ethan and Joel...    
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the English Game, thought it was pretty poor tbh. Rewatching line of duty top draw!
  • Options
    Been re-watching "Life on Mars" on Netflix. Then suddenly - it's not there. Thank heavens for VPN and BBC iPlayer, at least they tell you when a series is being withdrawn from broadcasting.

Also watched The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix last night. Fuck me that's a miserable film. We have real life if we want shit things to happen, Ethan and Joel...    
    Ballad of Buster Scruggs was a weird one 

I mean I watched it and was taken in by it but yeah it was pretty grim 

Especially the poem reciting torso
  • Options
    For the wildlife enthusiasts.... My Octopus Teacher..... absolutely amazing and quite emotional.
  • Options
    sralan said:
    For the wildlife enthusiasts.... My Octopus Teacher..... absolutely amazing and quite emotional.
    Found the guy creepy but it was very captivating. 
  • Options
    sralan said:
    I'm a sucker for things like that.
  • Options
    sralan said:
    I'm a sucker for things like that.
    Don't start the pun war. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

Turned Hubie Halloween off after half hour, that stupid fkin accent he talked in was annoying. Ironically it would have been just about watchable  without Sandler in it. 
  • Options

All filmed down at the Royal Naval College in SE10 too.....  Saw it all being built and wondered what it was...then watched this with family and found out. Enjoyed the film.....she got the producer credit as she read the book and decided that she'd like to make the movie...hence why it was Netflix produced, as she's 'their' star..  Apparently there's going to be more...
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Agreed, I enjoyed the first two but the third just didn’t hack it. 
    Thanks guys. I'm approaching the end of the 2nd series 🙁
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Carter said:

Oh no, i just watched that over the weekend and really wasn't impressed. It was watchable but i wouldn't recommend it. 

It's really annoying me his put on special voice(making him come across simple) for the whole of it, just felt unnecessary and dont really like that, generally felt it was a pile of shit but not the worst thing i've watched. Better than uncut gems just lol 

Hubbie Haloween 5.5/10 - Just a whole load of silly really, some funny moments but not my cup of tea