Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Bit late to this, but watched Suburra: Blood On Rome last week and thoroughly enjoyed it even with the patchy final season. I watched the film after, and it's odd how three main characters from the series all get killed in the film. Haven't seen the series of Gomorrah yet, I've seen the film, because the only places I see it's pay-only.
    Film is better as it's not dubbed.  The film is also mine! 😊
  • Options
    I watched the series in original Italian/Roman dialect/gypsy dialect with subtitles. No dubbing on this one. I wouldn't have watched it if it was. Funnily enough I watched the film afterwards and thought it was excellent. A bit weird how three of the main characters were all killed in the film, but there they are, large as life in the series. I'm also a big fan of Stefano Sollima's father's work, especially his political spaghetti Westerns.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Suburra is a brilliant series . Not quite as good as Gomorrah but close . Why anyone would want to watch them dubbed is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Suburra is a brilliant series . Not quite as good as Gomorrah but close . Why anyone would want to watch them dubbed is beyond me. 
    Americans!  That's who!!
  • Options
    I’ve started to watch the IT crowd. It’s very funny. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Americans!  That's who!!
    Bunch of bloody idiots the lot of em !
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I’ve started to watch the IT crowd. It’s very funny. 
    We watched it last year for the first time. Agree with you entirely.   
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    NORDIC NOIR ALERT

Lovers of the above, the makers of The Bridge, have produced a 10 part Finnish drama set in Helsinki called Bullets. Bullets are ISIS women who are suicide bombers.

This is available on All 4 and is a good watch. Complicated plot, which doesn't become fully clear until the end of the 9th episode.

Has anyone watched the Danish drama Those Who ho Kill? I haven't but as per The Bridge and The Killing,  the Yanks have produced their own version of it. The first episode appeared on Fox TV on Friday night. Wasn't brilliant but ok. The Yanks probably messed it up. Will persevere with it. 

I still have Scandinavian productions behind French drama in terms of quality . FWIW, as there are a lot interested on here my French 1, 2, 3 are

Spiral 
    The Bureau
    Spin.

If you can get over subtitles then you won't be disappointed in these three magnificent series. 
  • Options
    Finally made it to the modern world and signed up for Netflix yesterday evening.

Gently easing outselves in - so far watched first two episides of series one of Sunderland til I die. Get the feeling it will be like following a car crash frame be frame. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snap Weegie.  We have just got onto Netflix too.  Finished watching Its a Sin - absolutely brilliant, a snapshot of the start of AIDS in Britain following a group of young people coming to grips.  Currently enjoying The Queens Gambit, surely a must for any chess lovers, but great for the likes of me too.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Snap Weegie.  We have just got onto Netflix too.  Finished watching Its a Sin - absolutely brilliant, a snapshot of the start of AIDS in Britain following a group of young people coming to grips.  Currently enjoying The Queens Gambit, surely a must for any chess lovers, but great for the likes of me too.
    It's a Sin is free to watch on Channel 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If you liked Tiger King I strongly recommend you watch the Shooting Joe Exotic Louis Theroux documentary. 

No doubt that he is guilty as sin. 

If you never watched the original Louis Theroux documentary (shot before Tiger King) as well, I would recommend that. 
  • Options
    Talking of Netflix. Watched a film I’d completely missed last night. Called Page Eight. In the mould of a John Le Carre. Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes. Very British intelligence Service film. Absolutely recommend it. If Le Carre type films float your boat.
  • Options
    Talking of Netflix. Watched a film I’d completely missed last night. Called Page Eight. In the mould of a John Le Carre. Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes. Very British intelligence Service film. Absolutely recommend it. If Le Carre type films float your boat.
    Decided to watch this tonight based on your post, SHG.

A decent little film & worth a watch.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

The two sequels are also available. Salting the battlefield and Turks and Caicos.
  • Options

The two sequels are also available. Salting the battlefield and Turks and Caicos.
    Ooh, thanks ! 

I had both on my list of "To watch" films but hadn't realised they were linked.

That's tomorrow night sorted then ! 
  • Options

Also watched it last night, enjoysbje. 
  • Options
    Love and Monsters is a decent light-hearted watch
  • Options
    Thunder Force - Truly awful film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldn’t even finish the 2 minute trailer. Looks terrible. 
  • Options
    I couldn’t even finish the 2 minute trailer. Looks terrible. 
    I sat through it. The only film I've turned off recently, as I like to see them all through to the end (irrespective of how bad they've been), is the new Mortal Kombat. I got about 10 minutes in and turned it off.

Probably one for the latest films thread but 'Nobody' is a decent watch.
  • Options
    Bet it’s not as bad as Beneath. I was rooting for the fish.
  • Options
    I'm trying to work out why a film about fat, middle aged,, female super heroes was made? Who was It supposed to appeal to? 
  • Options
    I'm trying to work out why a film about fat, middle aged,, female super heroes was made? Who was It supposed to appeal to? 
    Fat middle aged women? 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Bet it’s not as bad as Beneath. I was rooting for the fish.
    So it seems that I now have to watch Beneath, just to get the reference  :s   :)

As bad as Thunder Force is, it's not a patch on The Cell. Worst film I've ever seen, by some distance.
  • Options
    Any recommendations for decent Films and series in the last few months? Not interested in anything Disney or Sci fi. 
  • Options
    Started watching call my agent and it’s fantastique, funny, heart warming and with twists and turns. 
  • Options
    Any recommendations for decent Films and series in the last few months? Not interested in anything Disney or Sci fi. 
    Just incase it’s a thread you don’t check regularly…..Plenty of stuff recommended lately on the latest tv series thread. 

• Options
    Lovesick is quite a cute series. Kind of This Life meets Friends. Filmed in Glasgow though only one actor (and not one of the main ones) is Scottish. The city centre flat we’ve just sold and various items of our furniture make several appearances.