Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Is Netflix an Angling term?  
  • Options
    Thanks to whoever mentioned The Dig. Just watched it and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Any recommendations for decent Films and series in the last few months? Not interested in anything Disney or Sci fi. 
    Clickbait - Series, i have a couple of episodes left. Its a Crime/mystery, its about a guy that got kidnapped and if they get to 5 million views he dies, without giving a spoiler the story unravels with twists. Very easy watch
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Undercover. A brilliant Dutch/Belgian series about two cops who have to pretend to be man and wife who go undercover to snag a major drug dealer . Cliff hangers galore and quite funny at times. 
  • Options
    Turning Point: 9/11 and the war on terror.

Really, really enjoying this so far. It is looking at the events before, during, and after 9/11, with Afghanistan being a key focus.

I was only 10 when 9/11 happened, and the level of detail the show goes into is fascinating. 
  • Options
    Lupin > French series about a master thief getting back at a conspiracy that killed his father reminds me a lot of the BBC Sherlock series in terms of style.  Just make sure you do subtitles as the dubbing gives them all bad American B movie action film actors.  Only 10 episodes over 2 series 

Palm Springs on Amazon is good too, as a time loop comedy that is suitable for adults of both sexes.  In fact Amazons film output during Covid has been pretty strong vs others 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Turning Point: 9/11 and the war on terror.

Really, really enjoying this so far. It is looking at the events before, during, and after 9/11, with Afghanistan being a key focus.

I was only 10 when 9/11 happened, and the level of detail the show goes into is fascinating. 
    Me and the missus currently going through this. Episode 3 was a bit slow but really enjoyed the first two.

Not sure it is quite as gripping as the BBC one with Bush but it is a different sort of show.
  • Options
    Undercover. A brilliant Dutch/Belgian series about two cops who have to pretend to be man and wife who go undercover to snag a major drug dealer . Cliff hangers galore and quite funny at times. 
    I've watched both series and the film about the villain of the piece from the first film. I thought they were genuinely excellent and the opening of the second series was the opposite of a cop out. Really fired the thing up 

Some of the characters fill out every cheap Dutch and Belgian stereotype I have in a good way and like you say, some genuinely amusing moments 
  • Options
    Season 4 of Stranger things is really good so far. Love the show...it is very atmospheric and pulls on the heart strings.

Just watched episode 4.

My eyes are very much watered. The tension and fear for a likable character is and was overwhelming. (Won't be giving away spoilers)

The character vaguely reminds me of one of my niece's and it just got to me.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    yep, on the same episode as you @Dave2l, stranger things has definitely maintained high quality throughout the series. Don't really like each episode being 1hr 20 mins this series. Like sitting down to watch a film, not really binge-able. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Episode 4 on stranger things was top drawer. I'm on ep 6 now which I'll watch tonight.
  • Options
    Episode 4 on stranger things was top drawer. I'm on ep 6 now which I'll watch tonight.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIjsa85UVk&feature=share

🎵
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Wrong thread.
  • Options
    Kate Bush has apparently now chopped the charts in the U.S. 

• Options
    Dave2l said:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIjsa85UVk&feature=share

🎵

Unreal
  • Options
    ooooh I’ve only just started Season 3!
    it’s so good
    to hear there’s some quality in Season 4 has cheered me up no end 😁
  • Options
    Stranger Things is absolutely brilliant especially for those of us that remember the 80s.  So many great characters and journeys.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Stranger Things is absolutely brilliant especially for those of us that remember the 80s.  So many great characters and journeys.

American drama TV series are always usually the best... mostly just due to money that can fund it all and they put a lot of work in.
    It can sometimes be some overly self indulgent typical fake rubbish though just because they want to make a few Bob.

Stranger things is far from that. It is decent, open and honest with good detail. 

It cares about its characters. 

• Options
    Has anyone else found Netflix output to have fallen off a cliff? Lot's of very similar churn and burn shows.
    Except for the odd bits and bobs, i find myself watching Amazon and Disney+ a lot more.

Not that i watch much TV, maybe ten hours a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I’m not sure how many David Letterman fans there are on here but having heard great reports about his interview series - now in its 4th season - we thought we’d give it a go.  We’re still near the start of series one but if you are looking for positivity laced with humour - give it a go.  

If you just try one episode go to the third in the first series - Malala Yousafzai who had her face disfigured by a 16 year old Taliban youth who attacked her bus in Pakistan.  She went on to a degree at Oxford and received a Nobel Prize for her work towards children’s education in deprived countries.  Truly inspirational and due in no small respect to the sympathetic interviewing of DL.

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Has anyone else found Netflix output to have fallen off a cliff? Lot's of very similar churn and burn shows.
    Except for the odd bits and bobs, i find myself watching Amazon and Disney+ a lot more.

Not that i watch much TV, maybe ten hours a week.
    Plenty there atm like the Lincoln Lawyer and Borgen (binged watched 5 of the 8 episodes last night). 
  • Options
    Just watched the documentary about the 2019 volcano eruption in New Zealand.

so so scary and unbelievably heartbreaking 
  • Options
    Latest series of Last Chance U - again on basketball.

Excellent watch.
  • Options
    I watched most of El Patron del Mal about Pablo Escobar whilst in South America and thought it was an excellent series. And have since watched all 3 series of La Reina del Sur (Theresa Mendoza) and off to Mexico in a few weeks time.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Currently addicted to comedy series Schitt’s Creek. Twenty minute episodes, wasn’t sure at first, but after two or three I ‘got it’. 
    Btw, I think it was on Ch4 first, and is still available on their player. 
    Just starting watching it....and enjoying it like you say takes a couple of episodes to get into it.
  • Options
    Great thread, haven't opened before as I don't have Netflix, but the first few pages are Charlton life gold!