Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Highly recommended
    Unorthodox - (Hebrew/English subtitles) a Jewish women escapes from Ascetic community. Excellent acting and not many films made of this community.
    Nobel - (Finnish/English subtitles) Special Operations in Afghan mixing of oil and politics. Excellent.
    Dogs of Berlin (German) Footballer is killed just a day or so before the big match 
  • Options
    I ditched Netflix for Amazon Prime about four months ago, was only going to be a temporary thing. Unlikely I'll go back now as the films on Amazon Prime are a LOT better.
  • Options
    2nd series of unsolved mysteries available next week
    Worst series ever. Absolutely no point in watching it. 

Here's something that happened, but we don't know what happened...
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I ditched Netflix for Amazon Prime about four months ago, was only going to be a temporary thing. Unlikely I'll go back now as the films on Amazon Prime are a LOT better.
    Have prime for the delivery service, without it I'd just use Google Play Movies and stream via Youtube as it works out better value. 

The Boys is a great show, different angle on Superheroes. 
  • Options

watched one of these last night for the first time based on your post. we really enjoyed it so thanks for the tip. stunned at how limited the police power to investigate was in the US, and how poor their forensics were. probably watched too much Silent Witness.

Looking forward to the episode where they investigate Charlton's injury crises..

• Options
    Guys you lot are lucky sarrfff is not here to tell you off, he specifically asked for a list of 10 or 20. NETFLIX ONLY, please stay on quota

PS- Cant believe he got banned, started off so well here :smiley:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Have prime for the delivery service, without it I'd just use Google Play Movies and stream via Youtube as it works out better value. 

I don't really buy anything off Amazon Prime, eBay is usually cheaper. What is the Google Play Movies via Youtube gig?
  • Options
    Guys you lot are lucky sarrfff is not here to tell you off, he specifically asked for a list of 10 or 20. NETFLIX ONLY, please stay on quota

May I ask why he got banned ?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:

I don't really buy anything off Amazon Prime, eBay is usually cheaper. What is the Google Play Movies via Youtube gig?
    So on android, you have access to rent movies either direct from Youtube (also available on Apple devices) or via Google Play Movies (you'll find deals for these). Usually you can rent something new for £2.50-4.50 depending on the deal, but also quite a few movies available at £1 on regular offers. 

You can then watch through Youtube, by clicking 'Library' then 'Your movies and shows'...

Youtube is available on almost all Smart TV's or plug in devices (Chromecast, Firestick, NowTV etc). Or simply on computer. 

• Options

For being a very naughty boy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I dont know exactly, but looked at this thread and reminded me of his responses. Also his latest comments on his profile sounds like he got into a bit of a debate about furlough, cant be 100% but he wasn't exactly the most pleasant even going by this thread, it was only going of be a matter of time
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Watched Uncut Gems on Netflix last night, was very impressed. Not usually a fan of Adam Sandler, but he puts in a quality performance in this film. 
  • Options
    Watching Queen of the South at the minute... Worth a watch
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Lots of indiscretions but final score was private messaging me to call me a c***. 

Was a long term poster (10yrs) who’d opened a secondary account to be a bit more edgy with. Both accounts now banned and poster not welcome back. 

All very needless. Fortunately these instances are rare on here. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

For being a very naughty boy. 
    I heard he was the Messiah.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I mean, the clue is kind of in the title......'unsolved mysteries'

Admittedly its not the greatest show, some of the episodes can be hit or miss.
    The UFO one was dull imo but some of them are fascinating, only around 45 minutes so they don't drag on too much either.
  • Options
    Watched Uncut Gems on Netflix last night, was very impressed. Not usually a fan of Adam Sandler, but he puts in a quality performance in this film. 
    I really didn't like it, felt like constant shouting kind of got on my nerves a bit. I am usually an Adam Sandler fan lol how funny

He has a new one about Halloween, not sure about that one yet anyone seen it? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The UFO one was dull imo but some of them are fascinating, only around 45 minutes so they don't drag on too much either.
    I give up after the first episode, was interested but then thought it might be crap. Worth sticking out? 

Currently just finished Prison Break series 2, so much but its so good. Just hard to proper binge as too many episodes make it bit daunting 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Currently addicted to comedy series Schitt’s Creek. Twenty minute episodes, wasn’t sure at first, but after two or three I ‘got it’. 
    Btw, I think it was on Ch4 first, and is still available on their player. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I get they're unsolved and that it is in the name... didn't stop me finding it a pointless watch. Would be better if it was 'previously' unsolved. 
  • Options
    The Haunting of Bly House = Not very good at all
  • Options
    I've started watching The Haunting Of Bly Manor. It's loosely based on The Innocents/The Turn Of The Screw and is kind of a sequel to The Haunting Of Hill House, which is far superior. On episode four and so far it's like one of those Hallmark romantic dramas. Not one fright or jump yet. Not one. Plus the little girl does the voice of Peppa Pig, so every time she's on screen, I just hear Peppa Pig. 
  • Options
    Watched the last episode last night, would love to know what you think when you've finished @hawksmoor

My Mrs watches these series on Netflix and I either watch too, or when I fancy it, but this was one that I watched every episode of.

Also got Designated Survivor on the go. Started off okay, but is a bit repetitive.

Apart from the odd couple, Ozark being one, I generally find these Netflix originals are not very well made and the acting leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone else think the same?
  • Options
    Watched the last episode last night, would love to know what you think when you've finished @hawksmoor

My Mrs watches these series on Netflix and I either watch too, or when I fancy it, but this was one that I watched every episode of.

Also got Designated Survivor on the go. Started off okay, but is a bit repetitive.

Apart from the odd couple, Ozark being one, I generally find these Netflix originals are not very well made and the acting leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone else think the same?
    I found The Stranger very good. Was like watching a BBC drama. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Currently addicted to comedy series Schitt’s Creek. Twenty minute episodes, wasn’t sure at first, but after two or three I ‘got it’. 
    Btw, I think it was on Ch4 first, and is still available on their player. 
    Just watched the final episode this morning. It's not going to make my list of all time greats but I gradually enjoyed it more and more. 
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned “Cobra Kai” yet? Brilliant series full of nostalgia if you are a child of the 80’s and enjoyed Karate Kid. 
    Quality series, especially having done Karate and Jiu Jitsu and that came about from my love of the Karate Kid. Our dojo wear black Gi too #CKNeverDie
  • Options

I found The Stranger very good. Was like watching a BBC drama. 
    I think I’ve mentioned this on a different thread, but I thought The Stranger was ludicrous. 
    So many unbelievable things happening to the same people at the same time. Made more annoying by the fact it draws you in because you’re wondering who did this, who did that. Then all is revealed at the end and you realize the writer didn’t know what to do with it all and decided to make half the events irrelevant to the plot. Idiotic writing.
  • Options
    Totally agree with the above. Just another whodunnit where you could never have worked out the killer based on the first seven episodes.