Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

Comments

• Options
    it is best to be safe. you don't want to infect others. Maybe ring 1111
  • Options
    I came back from Paris a couple of weeks ago and have had a dry cough since... No fever or anything else... I’ve kept myself locked away but for how long? It’s been two weeks, am I safe to go to the local shop now? 
    Probably best to phone 111 and ask. They should have the up to date guidance.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @kigelia sorry to hear that. Hope you're feeling better soon and they can get you tested ASAP to put your mind at rest
    Thanks for the best wishes (and those from others). I feel fine other than the annoying cough. Even did some exercise at home today  as I am not going for a run. To be honest I am just pissed off (and feeling guilty) knowing how busy and stressed my colleagues are.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I came back from Paris a couple of weeks ago and have had a dry cough since... No fever or anything else... I’ve kept myself locked away but for how long? It’s been two weeks, am I safe to go to the local shop now? 
    Probably best to phone 111 and ask. They should have the up to date guidance.
    I’m just going to stay at home until the cough goes. It’s probably something else but best to be on the safe side.

Stay safe everyone!! 
  • Options
    While we all should be cautious of any symptoms that could be Corona Virus, it doesn't mean that we're not vulnerable to the usual plethora of winter ailments, colds, flu.

You can bet there's plenty of colds and flu around right now, as well as the threat of Covid19. 

But best be safe than sorry: ring 111 for advice.

• Options
    The uncertainty is a nightmare. I've had a dry cough for three days, but only quite occasional and no raised temperature, but I do feel a sense of pressure on my chest and have lost my sense of taste and smell. At any other time I'd be 'Oh well', but everything now is viewed through the prism of C19.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I've been running a temperature since last week and feel absolutely shattered if I do anything more energetic than amble along the corridor to the loo. It's probably just a cold given the sniffles and sneezes accompanying the cough, but it means that despite the fact I'm not going anywhere to be on the safe side, I'm not really getting anything done. Given that ibuprofen apparently has a dampening effect on your immune system, I'm considering scaling back the amount I'm taking for my arthritis to see if that'd help me kick it properly, but that's also going to make things more difficult :-/
    Doctor on the TV said today if you're taking Ibuprofen for arthritis you shouldn't reduce your dosage.
    (Just saying what I heard. I understand your dilemma. All the best).
  • Options
    Thanks @Covered End. Can you remember what show it was?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Thanks @Covered End. Can you remember what show it was?
    I'm not certain, but this article says don't stop without consulting your doctor.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I've been running a temperature since last week and feel absolutely shattered if I do anything more energetic than amble along the corridor to the loo. It's probably just a cold given the sniffles and sneezes accompanying the cough, but it means that despite the fact I'm not going anywhere to be on the safe side, I'm not really getting anything done. Given that ibuprofen apparently has a dampening effect on your immune system, I'm considering scaling back the amount I'm taking for my arthritis to see if that'd help me kick it properly, but that's also going to make things more difficult :-/

Hope you feel much better soon
  • Options
    Hi not sure if anyone can give me any advice
    My wife (51) has been feeling under the weather for the last couple of weeks, no temperature or cough...... Just a bit fatigued.
    This morning she has woken up with a swollen gland under her left armpit the size of a golf ball........ she has just called 111 and the said it wasn't a symptom.
  • Options
    Hi not sure if anyone can give me any advice
    My wife (51) has been feeling under the weather for the last couple of weeks, no temperature or cough...... Just a bit fatigued.
    This morning she has woken up with a swollen gland under her left armpit the size of a golf ball........ she has just called 111 and the said it wasn't a symptom.
    Could well be another virus. Had similar when I suffered from shingles about a decade ago. 
  • Options
    This afternoon she had a video chat with her Axa doctor and they have advised us all to isolate for 14 days as instructed by the government.
  • Options
    Spent the past two days bogged down with some flu like symptoms. Aches, shivers lethargy etc but no cough or fever.

Not been ill in years so I'm half grateful I've got this issue whilst we're all working from home anyway!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Spent the past two days bogged down with some flu like symptoms. Aches, shivers lethargy etc but no cough or fever.

Not been ill in years so I'm half grateful I've got this issue whilst we're all working from home anyway!
    Take care mate and hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Take care mate and hope you feel better soon.
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Hope you feel much better soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Numbers said:
    I have had flu like symptons since Thursday.

Headache, achy, feeling very cold etc. a bit chesty since yesterday,  but no fever, cough or sore throat, so I am fairly sure it is not covid 19.

I am worried however that I must be run down and more susceptible to catching it, and, not being as able to fight it off as when I am well.

This is exactly what's worrying me.
    There are quite a bit of flu and cold bugs around at the moment too!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Never trust a doctor to be 100% correct. 
    I remember years ago I was constipated. 
    The doctor recommend a supositary. 
    For all the good  it done I might just as well of shoved it up my arse 
    Now where did you get that one from........now let me think.🤔
  • Options
    gone from a mild cold back end last week to temperature and spells of constant coughing - not as bad as when i had it before xmas - yet - i'm convinced that was it as well and the chinese were the first to take it serious / identify it as something - great that boris said we were 'negotiating' for some testing eqpt - tell the fuckers to make the fuckjing things and sharpish - i probably haven't got it but me like 90% of the population self iosolating are continuing to fucjk the country over coz we can't get tested - beyond a fucking joke   
  • Options
    razil said:
    I've been puzzling about the Diabetic issue myself being a type 2. Thing is I consider myself superhealthy, exercise quite a lot, weight is OK, rarely get sick and if I do only mildly, so should I be following the hard line about Diabetics?

So far all I've established is two possible 'facts'

Diabetics through high blood sugar can get reduced white blood cell count which affects immune system, this doesn't seem to affect me (see above)

Secondly there seems to be some concern over Metformin, the standard drug type iis are given to reduce insulin resistance, and its impact on Corona Virus. I haven't managed to uncover anything on this yet though, other than chatting earlier today with a fellow type ii neighbour, and charlton fan... 

Edit: Interesting article about Metformin being a positive thing https://consumerchoicecenter.org/to-fight-severe-coronavirus-disease-and-even-ageing-make-metformin-an-otc-drug-now/
    thanks for this .. there was atheory a while back that Metformin isalso effective as a preventative against cancer .. could be that it is one of these 'superdrugs' that has undiscovered life saving properties, let's hope so. Also, I believe that Metformin is relatively cheap to manufacture.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Thankfully I’ve had work come in for the next couple of weeks which should see me through the next 2-3 months, but I’m still self isolating and showing cold symptoms. Slowly, very slowly feeling better but won’t take chances by going to gym etc 
    No one should be going to the gym now.
  • Options
    Mother in law managed to order a Morrisons shop early last week for tomorrow.
    They've just informed her they will be unable to deliver any of the food items on it!
  • Options
    Theo Usherwood, the LBC political editor is thankfully now home from hospital after contracting Covid19. He is a young man with a young family

Please listen to what he has to say .

• Options
    edited March 2020
    My friends (age 78) has been admitted to hospital and in an isolation ward. He has cancer of the bladder and recently started chemotherapy. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worse on Sunday and has not only been diagnosed with Sepsis it’s more than likely he also has Covid 19.  
    As I’ve been looking after him i guess I too will have the virus. It’s all very sad as I’m unable to visit him in hospital and he is a very high risk of dying. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    My friends (age 78) has been admitted to hospital and in an isolation ward. He has cancer of the bladder and recently started chemotherapy. Unfortunately he took a turn for the worse on Sunday and has not only been diagnosed with Sepsis it’s more than likely he also has Covid 19.  
    As I’ve been looking after him i guess I too will have the virus. It’s all very sad as I’m unable to visit him in hospital and he is a very high risk of dying. 
    So sorry to hear this. I wish you well.