Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    One of my big concerns is how people will react towards me in the next months......or years even.
    I guess I won’t be shaking hands or hugging anyone for the foreseeable future.🤕

How are you now?
  • Options
    One of my big concerns is how people will react towards me in the next months......or years even.
     Hope you're making a good recovery mate.
  • Options
    Anyone else had the Covid Toe symptoms? I only found out this was an actual thing last week, but had something really similar on my feet about a month ago. 
  • Options
    No idea what Covid toe is??
  • Options
    Seems to be something that mostly appears with Asymptomatic people. It's Chilblain like rashes that suddenly appear on your toes and eventually go after a few weeks. It's only started being mentioned in the news recently, so not many people know about it. I had this on my feet back in March, but had no idea it could have been linked to Covid, I just thought I'd had a reaction to walking around the house bare footed all the time. 

• Options
    Mods, do you think we could have a poll asking posters whether they think they've had Covid ?
    Probably simpler for people just to reply for themselves only, with a simple yes I think I've had Covid or no I don't think so.
  • Options
    Yes.....slowly but surely.
    Took a half hour walk with Zuben yesterday a kind neighbour accompanied me in case I had a problem.
    Mind you, I was exhausted and laid down immediately,  only to fall off to sleep for a couple of hours within ten minutes of arriving home.
  • Options
    Took a half hour walk with Zuben yesterday a kind neighbour accompanied me in case I had a problem.
    Mind you, I was exhausted and laid down immediately,  only to fall off to sleep for a couple of hours within ten minutes of arriving home.

Glad to hear you managed a walk
  • Options
    Positive progress, good need 
  • Options
    Mods, do you think we could have a poll asking posters whether they think they've had Covid ?
    Probably simpler for people just to reply for themselves only, with a simple yes I think I've had Covid or no I don't think so.
    Without a proper test result, I think this is pointless. How can people really tell if it's Covid or not? Last October, I had almost every one of the symptoms - aches, hacking cough which lasted until Christmas, high fever for a week. It wasn't Code-19 I assume. If I had those symptoms today, without proper testing, the assumption would be that I had Covid-19.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've heard of camels toe.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well it seems I probably have the not particularly life threatening, but also not particularly fun "long haul" version of covid: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/ The weird one sided headaches are especially annoying.
    Oh and thank you to whoever it was who suggested getting a pulse-oximeter from Argos. It's come in very handy as reassurance during the shortness of breath episodes.
    Get well soon @aliwibble
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Well it seems I probably have the not particularly life threatening, but also not particularly fun "long haul" version of covid: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/ The weird one sided headaches are especially annoying.
    Oh and thank you to whoever it was who suggested getting a pulse-oximeter from Argos. It's come in very handy as reassurance during the shortness of breath episodes.
    👍
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Thanks are to @JamesSeed for that. Been measuring my Mum every lunchtime for last month or so and it gives reassurance that if there is a noteable drop its worth pursuing (she's averaging 98, not bad for a 91 year old)

Hope all progresses well @aliwibble
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sorry to hear that @aliwibble. Hope you recover soon.
  • Options
    addickson said:
    aliwibble said:

Thanks are to @JamesSeed for that. Been measuring my Mum every lunchtime for last month or so and it gives reassurance that if there is a noteable drop its worth pursuing (she's averaging 98, not bad for a 91 year old)

Hope all progresses well @aliwibble
    ITV News did a piece about Oximeters a couple of nights ago, and seemed to make out like they're almost like a new invention (judging from the trail - I missed the actual report). 
    I just assumed that the scientists would be promoting their use more at those briefings, but unless I’ve missed it, they haven't been. The Washington Post article was ages ago, and it’s pretty disappointing that their use hasn’t been  promoted more in the UK. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Very best wishes, hope you feel much better soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    aliwibble said:
    Best wishes to you and hoping you improve soon, @aliwibble.
    The article highlights what seems a missed group of sufferers, that I was unaware of, probably like many people. Sorry it is so awful for you. 
  • Options
    Very best wishes @aliwibble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are you sure that one-sided headache isn't doing the Bonkers Shenanigans Bitesize? Seriously though, I hope you make a swift recovery.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    All the very best @aliwibble - sounds awful.
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind words everyone. In all honesty, apart from the headaches (which are generally manageable with some soluble aspirin) it's not that different from having a really bad cold as long as I don't try to do anything. When I first went down with it I was getting out of breath just walking the 20 yards from my bed to the bathroom, and while it's not at that level now anything that involves standing up for more than a couple of minutes wipes me out. I'm also having to sleep lying on my side or propped up with a load of pillows, as lying on my back sends my SpO2 down to 92 - it's usually 95 or 96, although I can get it up to 98 for a little while if I do deep breathing exercises. The problem is taking deep breaths is also uncomfortable, which the doctor from NHS covid line reckons is because I've strained the muscles in my ribcage, but said that should ease gradually.
    I'm resigned to having to take it slowly for quite a while yet, but I'm well aware it could be a lot lot worse, so am counting my blessings here. Just wanted to point out that there are a number of people out here who are almost certainly not showing up in the statistics (as we got infected before the tests were widely available) that are being affected by this even if it's not in a life-threatening way.