Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Living with Corona virus - sufferers thread

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    @Covered End, very sorry to hear of your dreadful day - so emotional for everyone.

Don't give up hope - if your MIL has got dehydrated through sickness, other (treatable) things can follow, like urinary tract infections.  I'm sure a care home would be familiar with such things and get her medicated.  I went through several episodes of this with my Mum when she was in her 90s.  Fingers crossed it is something like that, and that she will pick up.  
    Yep, when I was in hospital back in 2012, a couple of days in they put a little old lady in the next bed who you would have sworn had dementia as she was making no sense at all.  A couple of days of hydration and antibiotics to clear up her UTI, and she was right as rain, if a bit grumpy at being treated like she'd lost her marbles. That might account for the confusion being reported @Covered End
  • Options
    The missus is now 6 days in and still experiences “highs and lows”. She’s done nothing but rest though. She also keeps saying she feels confused all the time. CE - have you mentioned this anywhere (I can’t find the relevant post ) 
    I succumbed to it on Friday. I have slight body aches and the odd high temperature but the worst of it is the tickly throat, dry cough and shortness of breath. 
    I have a feeling of it being like an out of body experience, all seeming a bit surreal. 
  • Options
    My son is on day 15 or 16 and is only now beginning to recover, but he is still very achy .., although that could be due to lack of activity.

He has been working from home and the lack of proper rest may have meant it lasted longer. 
  • Options
    Just catching up on this.  Sorry to read of your troubles Covered End.  thoughts are with you and your family 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    What would be positive I think is those that have had it quite bad and got through it can help others going through it. If you might be prone to anxiousness it is good to hear how bad people felt, like you are feeling, when you know they came out the other end of it. 
  • Options
    Did heard a doctor make a good point on the radio this morning.
    If you have a stomach ache, along with various other symptoms, it seems that the gastric issue is a reaction to the tablets being taken as opposed to symptoms associated to the virus. ( In the feedback so far) 
    Please don't go out and buy 36 loo roles as some of us have IBS issues or other intestine problem because of knock on effects from treatments.

I thank you.
  • Options
    @alan dugdale how are you both doing today mate?
  • Options
    Can just about safely say I'm completely recovered from whatever virus or illness i've had the last couple of weeks or so. Thursday was the last day I was having symptoms, well namely that's the day I stopped having a high temperature and stopped living off cold and flu tablets. Got a bit worried at the weekend as I started having a sore throat, but I think that's more hayfever than anything else - always get that around this time of year for a few days. Spoke to the couple downstairs that we're friends with and they said after going for lunch with me and my missus 3 weeks back the guy got ill for a couple of weeks and the girl has still lost her sense of taste and smell but is otherwise fine. Pretty sure it's the exact same illness, whatever it is!

Now that I'm recovered I'm hoping it was coronavirus as it would hopefully mean I am now immune for the time being and so is my girlfriend who hasn't shown any symptoms. Otherwise... bit annoying it was another virus!

That is good news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The missus is now 6 days in and still experiences “highs and lows”. She’s done nothing but rest though. She also keeps saying she feels confused all the time. CE - have you mentioned this anywhere (I can’t find the relevant post ) 
    I succumbed to it on Friday. I have slight body aches and the odd high temperature but the worst of it is the tickly throat, dry cough and shortness of breath. 
    I have a feeling of it being like an out of body experience, all seeming a bit surreal. 
    The highs and lows is exactly how i felt, sometimes would feel worse in the afternoons, other times the evenings and would get very dizzy/woozy if I got up and did anything at all, symptoms got worse i found near meal time and when i was hungry or hadn't drunk for a while.

Keep drinking lots of water, will make you feel better and is part of the government's advice on it.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking. The missus is a bit better today but...
    I rang 111 this morning, as my breathing was poor and had chest pains during the night. They put me through to 999 after asking several questions. Took about an hour or so for 2 paramedics to arrive and carry out a range of tests - ecg, blood pressure, oxygen levels etc. All ok except bp which was high. 
    Bottom line - it was my choice to go to hospital or stay at home and monitor things (I’m at home). 
    They told me:
    Local hospitals are 30% full (I’m in Somerset).
    This affects all ages regardless of usual state of health.
    There are some horrible cases on the respiratory ward.
    DO NOT read too much social media stuff about CV.
    Finally, I’m in deepest SW England and one of the paramedics is Millwall. How’s your luck ?!

Also, the symptoms vary and they’re still learning about this disease. That’s why the 111 website now includes asking about confusion. Some also have diarrhoea as a symptom.
  • Options
    Are you all ok now ?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate and hope you make a speedy recovery.

Ha ha re the paramedic.  At least the game was postponed Saturday! ;-)

• Options
    Sorry to hear that mate and hope you make a speedy recovery.

Ha ha re the paramedic.  At least the game was postponed Saturday! ;-)

Cheers mate. Silver lining and all that !
  • Options
    I hope all of those going through it a quick recovery.
  • Options
    How you getting on @alan dugdale?
  • Options
    I heard this morning that my niece-in-law's father passed away this morning, after losing his fight against Coronavirus. It has made today an even sadder day, because it would also have been my other nephew's wedding day and all the family would have been  together. I just hope that everyone else gets through these awful times, so that we can all celebrate their wedding whenever that may be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard this morning that my niece-in-law's father passed away this morning, after losing his fight against Coronavirus. It has made today an even sadder day, because it would also have been my other nephew's wedding day and all the family would have been  together. I just hope that everyone else gets through these awful times, so that we can all celebrate their wedding whenever that may be. 
    Sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    How you getting on @alan dugdale?
    Hi, thanks for asking. We have both improved over the past 2 days thanks. Still have a slight cough and still get breathless but less frequently.
    Made it into the garden yesterday 😀.
    Hows your wife doing now ?
    Great mate pleased to hear it.

My missus is great thanks and has been for good past few days. Back on my case big time so I know she's better! :-)
    Glad to hear it mate 👍
  • Options
    I think I had Covid 20th -27th March.
    The wife and 2 sons haven't been out the house since the lock down.
    I've gone shopping once a week.
    The youngest as of 15th April is now showing the same symptoms I had.
    Hot & cold, slight temperature at present, very achy, tender skin, feeling dizzy & a headache & slight cough.
    So that's 19 days after I felt better.
  • Options
    Hot & cold, slight temperature at present, very achy, tender skin, feeling dizzy & a headache & slight cough.
    Sorry to hear that CE.
    With you not 100% sure you had it does it mean you have to isolate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sorry to hear that CE.
    Well I'd say not for me as if he's got it (probably has), then I've already had it.
    It's just that they had to isolate for 14 days after i was "better" and yet he's now got it 19 days after I was better.
    Unless, he got it off the shopping from Tesco.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sorry to hear that CE.
    Well I'd say not for me as if he's got it (probably has), then I've already had it.
    It's just that they had to isolate for 14 days after i was "better" and yet he's now got it 19 days after I was better.
    Unless, he got it off the shopping from Tesco.
    Please don't take any risks.  If you're in a household where someone has symptoms, you must - despite it being an utter ball-ache - isolate for fourteen days.  The only exception would be if you were tested in hospital and were shown to be positive.