Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ending the season early? (+++ALL GAMES CANCELLED TILL 4 APRIL+++)

Comments

• Options
    Are are they closing the stock exchange ??? Shutting the tube ?? 
  • Options
    Postponed for the moment. With the Euros likely to go hopefully there is time to get the season done. Will just have to be sat-midweek-sat. Just need a 5-6 week window to get it all done.
  • Options
    I can't see this pandemic being over by 3rd April, I think it still has many months to run. I fear an enforced relegation threatens.
    Who wins the league 1 playoff to replace us? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I can't see this pandemic being over by 3rd April, I think it still has many months to run. I fear an enforced relegation threatens.
    Who wins the league 1 playoff to replace us? 
    Can't just give it to 3rd which is currently Fat Karl and Oxford. Wycombe are 8th but have a game in hand which if they win would move them to 3rd.

There would be legal challenges flying round all over the shop. They can't just take positions as they are now.
  • Options
    I can't see the playoffs happening, and I can't see the season being completed by September, so its a case of ending the league on March 13th, and you give out the pots and brick bats now with asterisks by the tables, or you roll this season into next, and you play the two seasons as one and then decide who wins what in 2021. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    probably come at a good time for us, that is if there ever is a good time .. we need to resolve ownership/chairman issues etc and give our weary and injured players tine to recuperate 
  • Options
    Postponed for the moment. With the Euros likely to go hopefully there is time to get the season done. Will just have to be sat-midweek-sat. Just need a 5-6 week window to get it all done.
    4 weeks to give the players rest before the start of next season a few weeks for pre season.

So you need around 12-13 weeks before the start of next season mininum, even if the next season starts 1st week of September still meand cut of would have to be first week of June to restart games
  • Options
    The build up to any match we have with Millwall is tedious enough as it is. Now you’re telling me we have a 3 week run up with no other game to distract us from it whatsoever? Christ.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scottish leagues now suspended indefinitely. The Scottish Government did ban events of over 500 people yesterday, as the public services in Scotland are already stretched. 
  • Options
    Assuming the season does resume, possibly bad timing for Luton and Barnsley (and Wigan) who are in better form than us, and have some momentum
  • Options
    and the EFL statement also says 'at the earliest' for April 3rd
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Scottish leagues now suspended indefinitely. The Scottish Government did ban events of over 500 people yesterday, as the public services in Scotland are already stretched. 
    This made me laugh when I heard it on the news this morning, so an event with 499 people attending will be just fine and dandy.
  • Options
    Void all the leagues and start fresh in August (fingers crossed) is the most sensible outcome.
  • Options
    If they play behind closed doors, if someone is a season ticket holder they could give a one time use password/code to watch a game streamed on youtube or club site if others wanted to watch a one time code per game to watch it at a cost, that way the club will still potentially be able to have some form of revenue coming in just a thought and no doubt will be picked apart  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    If this suspension only lasts for these 3 weeks or so, this could be excellent for us - time for the players and staff to get their heads straight after the last few days, time for those with niggles or short-term injuries to recover, time for Bowyer to renew the squad, time for Nimer to sort everything with the EFL and put in place a replacement. This could steady the ship and we could come back a lot stronger out of this
    And this is where even I as a rose tinted spectacle wearer, am left watching on... How can anyone believe that this would be a positive for us but not a single other club we'll have to face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Great news for Spurs.  Puts us out of our misery lol.
    We might actually have some forward players fit by the time the PL restarts...

Yeah, if you're looking for some sympathy this really isn't the right place   ;) 
    Totally tongue in cheek fella lol.  No sympathy required :)
  • Options
    The 3pm rule is just a rule in football, it isn't the law, it comes from the 1960s when Bob Lord was worried about the rise of TV and the risk of Saturday games being shown. It's up to the Football authorities whether they wave that in the coming months
  • Options
    Just cancel it, null and void, go again in August.

Tough shit for Liverpool and Leeds/WBA.
    This.  All day long.
    That would be the best thing ever.

Only downside is that West Ham might stay up but can't have everything.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I can't see the playoffs happening, and I can't see the season being completed by September, so its a case of ending the league on March 13th, and you give out the pots and brick bats now with asterisks by the tables, or you roll this season into next, and you play the two seasons as one and then decide who wins what in 2021. 
    If the season restarted say 1st May with just nine games remaining they could be played within the month. Play offs done and dusted by middle of June. Next season starts 1st September. Definitely doable.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If the season restarted say 1st May with just nine games remaining they could be played within the month. Play offs done and dusted by middle of June. Next season starts 1st September. Definitely doable.
    You also have to fit the FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League into that window, plus will Wembley be available in mid June. So many moving parts to this 
  • Options
    It needs Euro 2020 to be put off for a year for any of this to work, and we'll still be in the peak in May/June
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It needs Euro 2020 to be put off for a year for any of this to work, and we'll still be in the peak in May/June
    I think they are considering this and moving the euros to next year.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    You also have to fit the FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League into that window, plus will Wembley be available in mid June. So many moving parts to this 

Play remaining FA Cup games as part of the pre season. Not ideal but needs must. Same with CL and Europa League. Anything better than just giving up and scrapping it all.

• Options
    If only this had happened while we had our nasty long injury list. As recent form has shown, we would have won every single game since.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    This could have a major affect on the 2022 World Cup as I don't believe anybody has yet come up with a solution for playing the matches in November/December.