Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ending the season early? (+++ALL GAMES CANCELLED TILL 4 APRIL+++)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Rothko said:
    The Premier League is meeting at 11, will be a co ordinated announcement 
    I believe it was at 10.30 and they have also agreed to suspend until April 3rd

According to multiple news outlets on Twitter anyway lol
  • Options
    Title updated but no actual confirmation from Hull (or Charlton lol!) that tomorrows game has been cancelled
    Now its confirmed :)
  • Options
    Typical, first game back is bloody Millwall!
  • Options
    imagine the euros are now gone aswell. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Typical, first game back is bloody Millwall!
    I doubt it. I can't see how the situation will be any different in 3 weeks time. Fully expect the suspension to be extended
  • Options
    Bloody hell. It will be a lot longer than the 3rd April. 
  • Options
    Going to be interesting as arent England hosting the Womens Euros in 2021?
  • Options
    I just hope this enforced moratorium gives the team a chance to get their heads clear from the boardroom soap opera for what will be a tough end to the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That'll move to 2022 I think
  • Options

As it stands, all 33 games in National League, National League North and National League South will go ahead tomorrow.

The best supported team – Notts County, with an average attendance of 5,224 – are at home to Eastleigh.

• Options
    That'll move to 2022 I think
    Absolute mess really!!
  • Options
    If all "football activity" has been postponed surely Hull v Charlton can still go ahead? 
    You beat me too it. Not sure Hull v Charlton could be called 'elite'.
  • Options
    What a shame we couldn't have had this break back in December!

My view is, if the season finishes now, then just start the new season (whenever that is) with exactly the same structure. 

Let Liverpool have the Premier trophy over the summer, so they can cuddle it and stroke it, but they've got to give it back for the start of next season. 
  • Options
    Bloody hell! Football season over. No Euros? No Olympics?
     I might have to start conversing with the missus at this rate?
  • Options
    Have a feeling this season will become a pub quiz question (if we still have pubs in a hundred years). "After their last game of the 2019/20 season, Charlton were in the relegation places but weren't relegated. Why?"
  • Options
    By the time the season restarts, we’ll only have about 3 players left in contract !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news for Spurs.  Puts us out of our misery lol.
    We might actually have some forward players fit by the time the PL restarts...

• Options
    Someone is in the building as Charlton have retweeted the EFL statement
  • Options

As it stands, all 33 games in National League, National League North and National League South will go ahead tomorrow.

The best supported team – Notts County, with an average attendance of 5,224 – are at home to Eastleigh.

It'll be awkward if loads of people go there tomorrow and they end up with a 20000 gate...
  • Options
    If this suspension only lasts for these 3 weeks or so, this could be excellent for us - time for the players and staff to get their heads straight after the last few days, time for those with niggles or short-term injuries to recover, time for Bowyer to renew the squad, time for Nimer to sort everything with the EFL and put in place a replacement. This could steady the ship and we could come back a lot stronger out of this
  • Options

The National League board are meeting at 12 so I'd expect them to follow suit.
  • Options

The National League board are meeting at 12 so I'd expect them to follow suit.
    Would all seem a bit pointless if they didn't?
  • Options
    Can't see anything starting again in April. Think June/July is the earliest it could possibly happen given where the predictions of peak is in this country.

Realistically they either have to cancel the season and start again from scratch in August. Or finish whenever they can, have a much shorter break in the summer, start late and next season cancel additional competitions like League Cup, Trophy, etc. Just league and Fa Cup domestically.
  • Options
    I can't see this pandemic being over by 3rd April, I think it still has many months to run. I fear an enforced relegation threatens.
  • Options
    as in the OP are all games Cancelled or Postponed?
  • Options
    Perfect. Gives us time to heal from pick up more injuries.