Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant result and performance and a clean sheet away from home.  
  • Options
    First midweek win of the season if I'm correct in thinking that?

First win in our black kit too
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    My Mrs was on her phone checking the score for me. I told her that the ref would add 7 or 8 minutes as we were winning. She told me not to be so stupid. 

I was just willing us not to concede another late goal and even better the wife said 'you were right about the time I can't believe they added so much.' 

Was it justified to add 7 minutes?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    My Mrs was on her phone checking the score for me. I told her that the ref would add 7 or 8 minutes as we were winning. She told me not to be so stupid. 

I was just willing us not to concede another late goal and even better the wife said 'you were right about the time I can't believe they added so much.' 

It was 5 officially Len but some good game management mainly by Dillon saw another couple added 😉
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

It was only 5, but yes. 6 subs and we had few players go down to waste time.
  • Options
    We do need to play 2 or 3 up front.  Excellent result and performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will enjoy the 3 points but really hope we aren’t going to milk this, naby sarr great assist but how many goals has he cost us this season? ( genuinely interested in people’s opinions ) 

Maybe it’s me just being miserable but we’ve won 6 games prior to today chucked in a disgraceful performance Saturday which cost a lot of fans the guts of a 100 quid to attend, but that’s football.

we need another 12/13 points to be safe I would say 

Luton and Barnsley are as good as gone 

and we are 6 although really 7 with goal difference above Wigan.

• Options

default Re: Forest vs Charlton - Matchday 32

Well done Charlton. Deserved win. Taylor MOTM. Defended like men. 
    From their thread above ....

Hard to dislike Forest.... sure we would have given them pelters for time wasting, if the result was reversed....

Hope they get to playoffs and beat dirty Leeds.

Think our very own SP ......  has the momentum atm 🙄
  • Options
    Totally agree with all the praise for the team, Sarr, Taylor, Oztumer, Phillips in particular, for Bowyer and also the fans who were brilliant. Won't repeat it.

But I'm going to have one moan. Just don't understand the substitution of Hemed by Smith. The poor lad looked well out of his depth and just ran around fairly pointlessly. With Taylor left without a partner up front, we couldn't keep the ball and it just kept coming straight back. That could have cost us. 

Bonne was on the subs bench. Why not bring him on for the last 20 mins 
    Saving him for Saturday and beyond. No point in rushing him back. 
  • Options
    Totally agree with all the praise for the team, Sarr, Taylor, Oztumer, Phillips in particular, for Bowyer and also the fans who were brilliant. Won't repeat it.

But I'm going to have one moan. Just don't understand the substitution of Hemed by Smith. The poor lad looked well out of his depth and just ran around fairly pointlessly. With Taylor left without a partner up front, we couldn't keep the ball and it just kept coming straight back. That could have cost us. 

Should have Green back Saturday if his sore knee has cleared up

Said it at the time; If the Bonne has said no to being subbed sooner against Derby then he's his own worst enemy

By not coming off he's effectively lost his place to Andre Green and has to wait all over again
  • Options

Fair enough. But in that case, use Aneke up front. Surely one of him and Bonne could have done 20 minutes? If not, why were both on the subs bench? 
  • Options

Fair enough. But in that case, use Aneke up front. Surely one of him and Bonne could have done 20 minutes? If not, why were both on the subs bench? 
    Then again Bowyer has moaned about Aneke's work off the ball quite a few times... Not the sort of player you wanted on the pitch towards the end of the match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolute class from Nottingham Forest...

Yaeh had a quick look at a forum and no neg comments about us.  Mostly saying that their manager took the piss and got was what coming.
    "That man monster, Sarr, Charlton had at the back made Lolley look like a child. If he plays like that every week there is no way Charlton will hold onto him in the summer."
    Fortunately, I see it as a blessing he does not.

• Options
    Didnt see much if anything said about the ref on the match thread (leaving aside length of injury time) and also getting generally good marks on the player marks thread. Feels unusual .
    As Sage pointed out for us- 
    Referee: Darren Bond (Lancashire) - Previously officiated Charlton in 2-2 home draw with Cardiff.
  • Options

Then again Bowyer has moaned about Aneke's work off the ball quite a few times... Not the sort of player you wanted on the pitch towards the end of the match
    Blimey mate I m not Aneke's greatest fan but I'd have preferred him on the field for the closing stages rather than some poor kid who contributed very little! 
  • Options
    I’ve been Forest a good few times and even sat on that side of the pitch when we went in lounge there years back but what is /was going on with all that tennis clay court / orange running track without lines or whatever it is along that side of the pitch .
    Never ever noticed it being that massive before , looks like a massive gap to the stands when I always thought it very close , maybe just more noticeable cos it’s not grass