Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are West Ham going down??

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    DildoDome :D:o:D
    Dildome?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I really hope they go down. Never forgiven them for the 2007 caper. I should get over it. But the Olympic stadium deal is the cherry on the cake. Horrible club. 
    If they do go down then the taxpayer will be shelling out even more on their stadium I believe as their rental agreement apparently includes a clause that their rent drops if they get relegated from the Premier League. 
    Half of sod all is still sod all. The taxpayer would surely be much better off if they go bust and the agreement can be ripped up and renegotiated properly with the phoenix club. Or if the bloody white elephant could be demolished and turned into housing.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    se9addick said:
    I really hope they go down. Never forgiven them for the 2007 caper. I should get over it. But the Olympic stadium deal is the cherry on the cake. Horrible club. 
    If they do go down then the taxpayer will be shelling out even more on their stadium I believe as their rental agreement apparently includes a clause that their rent drops if they get relegated from the Premier League. 
    Half of sod all is still sod all. The taxpayer would surely be much better off if they go bust and the agreement can be ripped up and renegotiated properly with the phoenix club. Or if the bloody white elephant could be demolished and turned into housing.
    They should have always shut Crystal Palace and kept it as an athletics stadium.

Then sold the old area to CP to develop. Not Something I would have wanted, but would have been good for athletics.

Pity Seb Coe wasn’t involved.
  • Options
    I like a lot of their supporters and they do hate Millwall as well, but still find it hard to forgive their club for nicking Billy Bonds and Defoe.

I was at the Burnley end when they invaded the pitch and attacked the directors box. The cracks were papered over, but they have some serious divisions between supporter groups to the point of outright threats and violence. These are going to re-open big time if things get worse on the pitch. This really could be worse than just a relegation.
  • Options
    We need West Ham and Villa to stay up so we have a chance of getting Cullen and Green on a perm in Summer
  • Options
    Sadly, moving to the London Stadium was a money decision when Upton Park was the heart of the club. It might have been better if it was a stadium better suited to football.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    They look very poor right now. Brighton's second yesterday was below schoolboy defending. I cringed when I hear Moyes' "winning, it's what I do" quote - I instantly thought that might come back to haunt him, especially as a quick glance at his record suggests it was quite hubristic.

What it would mean for us getting Cullen, I'm not sure but would be hilarious to see them stuck with sub 20K gates in that massive white elephant of a stadium.

Suspect they may yet be saved by Villa, Norwich and Watford all being worse than them, although Villa do at least have Grealish, who is easily the best player at any of those teams near the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They look very poor right now. Brighton's second yesterday was below schoolboy defending. I cringed when I hear Moyes' "winning, it's what I do" quote - I instantly thought that might come back to haunt him, especially as a quick glance at his record suggests it was quite hubristic.

What it would mean for us getting Cullen, I'm not sure but would be hilarious to see them stuck with sub 20K gates in that massive white elephant of a stadium.

Suspect they may yet be saved by Villa, Norwich and Watford all being worse than them, although Villa do at least have Grealish, who is easily the best player at any of those teams near the bottom.
    Villa fans are right behind the club and the players and I think this will make the difference. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Bad news for keeping Cullen, but seeing West Ham play Rotherham in the "London Stadium" next season would be a hilarious comedown for them after all the crazy talk about leaving Upton Park to go the next level
    The 'next level' in this case being Division 2 ...
  • Options
    I would love to see them go down, except for one thing, they keep Cullen.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    They always get out of it like Palace.
    They’ve been relegated twice in the last 17 years; 3 of those seasons spent in the championship 
  • Options
    We need West Ham and Villa to stay up so we have a chance of getting Cullen and Green on a perm in Summer
    Green is out of Contract anyway - I think Villa can offer an Extension but probably doesnt have to accept it
  • Options

Are West Ham going down??

Part of me would love it if they did. 
    But we don’t really want another home game with 3000 knuckle dragging halfwits, bugled off their crusts causing damage and disturbance in SE7 do we? We’ve got the spanners for that already 

if they can get themselves relegated on the pitch and then Gullivan get found out for whatever chicuntery they’re undoubtedly up to would see them bounced straight down another tier. Now that would be pleasing
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I think we are looking at three from Norwich, Watford, Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham with possibly Brighton needing to do a bit more to edge out of it. West Ham are in real trouble but I think it is too close to call who will join Norwich.

Bournemouth looked to have turned a corner so I can see it being between Norwich, Villa, Watford and West Ham. As I said, I think Norwich will drop but any of the other three can survive.
  • Options
    The crowd is very important and can be a 12th man. The new stadium has driven a wedge between club and fans and where as Upton Park was a very difficult place for teams to go that’s not now the case. It’s not a 12th man ground any more. Even under Duchatelet The Valley was with the players. Are West Ham fans behind the players and Moyes and up for the fight ? I don’t think they are. 
  • Options

So presumably the Dildo Brothers and the Evil Witch have got the hump and are threatening Sky with legal action?

Oh and why is it the West Ham old boys in the media (Tony Cottee, Tony Gale etc etc) keep talking about West Ham having full houses week after week when every time I've watched their home games on MOTD, I can see bloody empty seats in all the stands.   Far from a sell out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham fixtures until 4th April:
    Man City (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea(H)

That's a run of very tough games coming up and after throwing away a win against Brighton so cheaply they could pick up hardly any points until April. Seeing the London Stadium very empty in the Championship would be a depressing sight and a lesson to owners who want to take clubs away from their home. Not only that, it is a classic case of an average Premier league side trying to 'take the next step' and then realising they aren't immune to relegation. Everton look like they are going to get away with it after an awful start but West Ham are right in the shit.

On another note, I heard an interview is a Mark Noble saying how the pitch feels absolutely massive and can be quite daunting because the stands are so far away from the pitch, even though it's the same size. So not only is the stadium shit for the fans, it also seems to get into the players head as well.
  • Options
    Hilarious, @JohnBoyUK, sure you are right, that's  the longest and most grovelling correction I've seen on TV, ever.

You are right re attendances too, except that this has been going on a while now. The BBC website published a report, which quoted safety briefing sources ( I think) showing that for many matches the real attendances were in the low 40k.

Unravelling, before our eyes....
  • Options
    Man City (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea(H)

That's a run of very tough games coming up and after throwing away a win against Brighton so cheaply they could pick up hardly any points until April. Seeing the London Stadium very empty in the Championship would be a depressing sight and a lesson to owners who want to take clubs away from their home. Not only that, it is a classic case of an average Premier league side trying to 'take the next step' and then realising they aren't immune to relegation. Everton look like they are going to get away with it after an awful start but West Ham are right in the shit.

On another note, I heard an interview is a Mark Noble saying how the pitch feels absolutely massive and can be quite daunting because the stands are so far away from the pitch, even though it's the same size. So not only is the stadium shit for the fans, it also seems to get into the players head as well.
    But it must feel the same for both sides!
  • Options
    Man City (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea(H)

But when you are playing away the mentality is very different, to have that week in week out, then you have the away mentality in between, must suck as a footballer. Imagine how good it feels to have a cauldron of noise behind you every other week, like The Kop, the new stand in Spurs' ground, even The Covered End behind you at a home game would give you a lift. 
  • Options
    Man City (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea(H)

But if you are confident it is different. You just see bigger space behind the defence and bigger gaps.
  • Options
    I do understand that a stale atmosphere can take away the home advantage and feel that is probably part of it. Also, maybe the players they have brought in might not be as good as they thought they were!
  • Options
    Whichever option increases our chance of keeping Cullen... Then I'd like that to happen. 
  • Options
    I've had a quick peak into the future and in 5 years time, when the revamped and extended Jimmy Seed end increases our capacity to 31,000, the waiting list for new season tickets includes 1,000+ enquiries from East London and Essex addresses - where traditionally "floaters" would have been attracted to League 2 West Ham  ;)
  • Options
    Bad news for keeping Cullen, but seeing West Ham play Rotherham in the "London Stadium" next season would be a hilarious comedown for them after all the crazy talk about leaving Upton Park to go the next level
    West Ham v Accrington Stanley sounds better.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    West Ham v Accrington Stanley sounds better.
    Sorry ignore that.